I'm being a huge pussy about taking this A+ exam....

cant seem to bring myself to register and go take the exam. ive one the course work, finished probably 3-4 weeks ago. did the exam cram, and im getting 75% on the practice exams pretty regularly.  I assume i will pass.

Also i am only guaranteed money through January. So i really need to get my shit together in case I cannot get any extension. 

anyone taken the exam recently?

last tips? advice? anything...

i just need to go fucking take it... i need to pass 902 by the end of the month, maybe sneak another certification in by years end(may be a too lofty of a goal)..

other thing is anxiety about finding a job i wont hate and thats close to home and all that crap... 

c'mon powerball.....

Again, just do it. You've taken the sample tests, have studied hard, etc.. There's only one way to find out how you're going to react under duress in a testing environment, and pass or fail it will let you know where you stand. Sure, it'll suck if you fail, but at least you'll do it at a point where you still have *some* flexibility to take it again once you brush up on your weak areas. 

Essay/short answer or multiple choice or both?

Multiple choice responses on standardized tests are usually one obviously wrong answer, one wrong but not so obvious answer and choose what you think is the better of the two remaining.  At least you have a 50-50 chance.   If more than one of the choices given are right, its "all of the above", if none, of course, "none of the above".

For written responses, make a couple quick notes of the points you want to hit then write and show the points in an easy to read, pick up way- separate lines/short paragraphs for each point, bullet points, etc.   If they as for three reasons for something, give them four or five.  They don't take off for wrong answers on standardized tests.  Or they will see the first three you put are right and quit reading.

Actually, bro, you are your own worse enemy.  You will do fine and dandy, easy peezy.  These things are designed to get you through and not play "got cha".  Just get in and git er done so you quit stressing the fuck out and can worry about more important things like who Kim Kardashian is balling and Marvin Lewis' next contract extension.

Main thing, once again, you'll do fine.

Archived