2016/2017 Reds Offseason Thread

Jason

3 hours ago, Go Skins said:

It's about time he came to his senses....I guess the FO had to ask him this time and say "pretty please" so he would accept the trade.

He was a great player for this team and the best fielding 2B I've ever seen but...Dueces.

The club having to eat all that money of is the part I was afraid of, but what can you do...they had to move him.

He will make $14 million in the coming season, and Fox Sports reported that Cincinnati will pick up most of his salary. 

4 hours ago, Go Skins said:

What a relief.  I hate the Braves but as a fan of DatDude I really didn't want to see him burn bridges here.  Hope to see him back in a few years on a $1, one day contract and retiring a Red.  Look forward to his HoF induction ceremony.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Jason said:

So I took the plunge and got MLB Extra Innings this year.  I just hope the Reds win close to 80 games.

Take it you're not in the Cincinnati area?  Thought about getting it but the blackout rules make it kind of pointless.

I don't think they are going to approach 80 wins. Especially with Disco possibly being shelved. Probably a long year with a bunch of young guys starting to get some experience.

8 hours ago, JC said:

I don't think they are going to approach 80 wins. Especially with Disco possibly being shelved. Probably a long year with a bunch of young guys starting to get some experience.

The won 68 last season so you're probably right.  If those young guys get it together quickly though, who knows.  It's a very long season.  Depends on how big a hole they dig themselves early on.

Archived