2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Uh.. What is it that you think we're rebuilding on a roster full of our own draft picks and vets we've paid top dollar to retain? 

I don't think that word means what he thinks it means. I'm not surprised he's spewing it over and over and over and over though. Same shit, different week.

Uh.. What is it that you think we're rebuilding on a roster full of our own draft picks and vets we've paid top dollar to retain? 

This defense was set back with the loss of Reggie. Our corners could never start on any team but browns. Adam Jones AKA Twilight, because he's in this twilight years is long over due to be benched. This is a passing league and we don't have a passing defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six year veteran QB. Most crucial interception on a horrible pass in the 4th that the Skins got a TD off of.  If he just holds the ball the Bengals kick a field goal to go up by two scores.

Lost fumble at end of game should = lost starting position.   This is fucking bullshit.  This guy is worse than Alex Smith.

10 minutes ago, JC said:

I don't think that word means what he thinks it means. I'm not surprised he's spewing it over and over and over and over though. Same shit, different week.

He could be replaced by a very small shell script.

echo "Rebuilding"
if (dalton = "300 yards")  {

echo "Alex Smith 2.0";

}

30 minutes ago, swilson3828 said:

Your opinion is your opinion, and I respect it,  but the defensive backs gave up how many completions and how many yards??  Not one interception or even one pass breakup????  When a defensive backfield has about 60 passes to play with you'd expect at least one break up.  Every one of Cousin's in completions came from either a bad pass or simply the received didn't catch the ball.....and a ton of the completions were to wide ass open receivers.   I mean look at the stats against our DB's this year.  The problem on this team is as clear as day IMO.  In either case the teams needs to do some serious re-calibrating.

Not to mention how many times did we see secondary players on the ground today. Idk what issue was the grass needed different shoes or they were just getting shook off their damn feet but I surely can't remember a single game where any team had that many dbs on their ass while balls in the air or recievers just running wide open. That said it's on all 3 levels not a single unit played well. Defensive line didnt really get near Cousins on 50 drop backs the lbs still couldnt cover my grammy, shes been dead 20 years and the secondary couldnt cover  Stephen Hawkings. All 3 of em couldnt tackle for shit more often then not 1st guy was never bringing someone down and they always fell forward for extra yards or broke a big play with a long rac after a missed tackle. All 3 units could of played better if one performed well since they are all connected but not a single one of em didn't stink to high hell today and for most of the season for that matter. Even more perplexing to me why the fuck we let Nelson walk and gave Williams and Illoka big contracts especially Williams. Hes Taylor Mays 2.0 just way more expensive right down to the reckless tackling hurting your own teammates but a lot of stupid penalties added on top of it. Sure would be nice having Nelson back there looking over the d making sure everyone is on right page because there have been more busted coverages already this year then probably last 2 or 3 years combined. Wouldn't be to bad to have Hall back either hes done better than anyone covering a damn te in the Marv era that I can remember. 

Well at least we didn't lose "technically." It damn sure feels like a loss and I'm madder than ever about Dalton and his massive contract that can never seem to come through in the clutch when the Bengals are front and center. The game went into the 1pm game and Fox stayed with the London game for the nation to see Dalton fumble away another.

41 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

I with ya. There was no excuse for losing to a hobbled Washington team. We had a full healthy rooster. We all know it's all about Lewis.

It is what Steven A Smith said years ago. Marvin Lewis should no longer be the head coach of this football team. Look what Zimmer gets out of his guys in MN. Our head coach and D coordinator are out of shape losers and it shows on sundays. Get on a treadmill and lead by example. Inspire with positive energy and leadership. Nope we'll just stand here and be chubby....

please get better during the bye week Bengals!

44 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Andy put them in position to score 31 points and gave AJ a shot to put them in winning position, all with his O-Line sitting in his lap all day.  Everything else is on the D and Nugent.

No.... a good QB leads AJ on that play and he doesn't have to come back on that ball. He's the problem but it's too late now. He's our guy, just not THE guy....yet. 

58 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Six year veteran QB. Most crucial interception on a horrible pass in the 4th that the Skins got a TD off of.  If he just holds the ball the Bengals kick a field goal to go up by two scores.

Lost fumble at end of game should = lost starting position.   This is fucking bullshit.  This guy is worse than Alex Smith.

Wishful thinking, we have Spooge Nuge remember? He played ok had some bad throws specifically the int in scoring position he straight up bitched up on that one seeing he was gonna get whacked. Eifert was wide open in middle for a1st down inside 15yd line to. Would love a screen shot of what his face looked like on that shot put of a so called throw.

Had AJ deep a few times but made bad throws but to be fair last 2 years his deep balls have been well above avg. Couple bad throws on last possesion we had specifically out route to AJ. That wasnt awful but a better throw up a bit higher or a touch more inside and it was an easy 1st down. Im Sure he's careful about leaving those out routes to far inside after the Miami game a few years ago but all qbs should be, you never want to leave them inside or its 6 points for the defense. The other bad toss on last drive in regulation was right before the out route. He had to keep it high because backer cut inside and he had to clear him but he threw it way to high. Im thinking he didnt see backer til last second and he adjusted his delivery  and that's why it wasnt even close and such an awful throw. The throw to Boyd late could of been a better toss as well and would of been big play.

The fumble would of been better if he got 2 hands on ball earlier if he did at all I couldn't tell if he got 2nd hand on it or not before the helmet popped ball out but either way shit happens sometimes and that guy got lucky putting his helmet in perfect place while Dalton was getting flipped over not much you can do about that. Sneak was absolutely right thing to do there.

Aj should of came down with that ball late it would of been tough catch but you expect that from him. Spooge Nuge sucks Dalton could of played better. Could of made a few better throws or took a sack when he threw the pick instead of bitching up and shot putting the damn ball right to Skins and got rid of ball not taking a sack or 2 when he held ball to long other times. It All contributed to the tie but the  outcome is absolutely  on the whole defense and Nuge.

7 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

No.... a good QB leads AJ on that play and he doesn't have to come back on that ball. He's the problem but it's too late now. He's our guy, just not THE guy....yet. 

I guess you missed the part about the O-Line being in his lap; I'm surprised he was able to attempt any long passes at all.

I'm not defending him because he's a Bengal, I'm defending him because he's a good QB.  Anyone who stomps and whines because we don't have a Tom Brady or Drew Brees is living in a fantasy world.  We saw what Andy can do with time and consistency last year, and that was with zero running game.  Put Andy on half the teams in this league with a good O-Line and an established OC and he would lead the league in QB rating.

Oh, wait, that's right.  He already did, last year.

Maybe we're all wishing Alex Smith got on that plane to Europe instead Dalton

8 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Lol! But he was vocal and involved. Marv...not so much. Leads the league in wasted challenges I'm sure. 

Nope was amazed to hear today was 1st challenged hes used all year. With so many plays every game every week that should be challenged him using 1 through half the year is telling. The td to uzomah he should of challenged earlier this year, he didnt and cost us a td. Today looked like Davis stepped out but somehow in todays nfl with all the technology  theres still a way someone can maybe step out and you cant get a good angle for a replay at the 50 yd line of all places.

59 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

He could be replaced by a very small shell script.

echo "Rebuilding"
if (dalton = "300 yards")  {

echo "Alex Smith 2.0";

}

Could just script it to say "banned'. Let's make Go-Bengals great again!

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

This defense was set back with the loss of Reggie. Our corners could never start on any team but browns. Adam Jones AKA Twilight, because he's in this twilight years is long over due to be benched. This is a passing league and we don't have a passing defense

You're talking about 2 players.  To me at least, a team that is rebuilding has a young inexperienced roster and some holes filled with journeyman vets.  They don't have established franchise players, they've probably got a new HC.  They may have talent, but it's undeveloped and still learning the speed of the game.  In other words, they don't have veteran QB's, multiple Pro Bowl players (in stats if not the BS popularity contest voting).  They don't have the best WR in the NFL or a stable of RB's to lean on. The Browns are a good example (other than being perpetually stuck in that limbo.)

To put it another way, before this team can be in a rebuilding phase there's going to have to be some demolition.  This isn't an empty lot; it's a new home with a leaky roof.  They've already rebuilt and apparently done a shit job of it.  Although, in my opinion, aside from a few dumbshit players that I would cut immediately there's plenty of talent. The coaching is fucking awful, however.

40 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I guess you missed the part about the O-Line being in his lap; I'm surprised he was able to attempt any long passes at all.

I'm not defending him because he's a Bengal, I'm defending him because he's a good QB.  Anyone who stomps and whines because we don't have a Tom Brady or Drew Brees is living in a fantasy world.  We saw what Andy can do with time and consistency last year, and that was with zero running game.  Put Andy on half the teams in this league with a good O-Line and an established OC and he would lead the league in QB rating.

Oh, wait, that's right.  He already did, last year.

He's a good QB sometimes, but when the shit's on the line, he's soft. He was good at at times today. But with a 3 point lead and the ball in the red zone in the 4th quarter, even average QB's don't turn it over. He chokes in the spotlight and as a lifelong Bengals fan, we deserve better. That INT and the fumble in OT cost us the victory. We're just fortunate their kicker is shittier than ours. 

Its not all O-Line and D's fault. Dalton needs to be a better leader and more clutch, then maybe he won't get boo'd in his hometown in a celebrity all star game. Sack up and lead the team to a win in one big time game! Just once!!!!

36 minutes ago, StripesEarned said:

Nope was amazed to hear today was 1st challenged hes used all year. With so many plays every game every week that should be challenged him using 1 through half the year is telling. The td to uzomah he should of challenged earlier this year, he didnt and cost us a td. Today looked like Davis stepped out but somehow in todays nfl with all the technology  theres still a way someone can maybe step out and you cant get a good angle for a replay at the 50 yd line of all places.

Yep, by wasted I mean not used. Steeler game stands out bad. 

Go watch him eat the blitz on that TD throw to Eifert and tell me Dalton's soft.  GTFO of here with that noise.  Pay attention to the OL next time and tell me what QB is going to have success behind the likes of Bodine.  Dalton & AJ are carrying this team IDK WTF you've been watching.

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Go watch him eat the blitz on that TD throw to Eifert and tell me Dalton's soft.  GTFO of here with that noise.  Pay attention to the OL next time and tell me what QB is going to have success behind the likes of Bodine.  Dalton & AJ are carrying this team IDK WTF you've been watching.

Save your keystrokes and your time. Just not worth it.

Archived