The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Redskins

I was at the game at Wembley for my first NFL game and can say this...
GREAT:
What a fantastic experience!
GOOD:
We didn't lose!
Jeremy Hill
AJ Green
Tyler Eifert
Gio Bernard
BAD AND UGLY:
Kirkpatrick and Shawn Williams suck!
No QB pressure!
Missed tackles!
O-line sucks!
WR core has taken a step back and losing Marvin Jones has effected the O's ability to spread the field, so I conclude with Tyler Boyd still in transition, the group sucks outside of AJ Green.
Mike Nugent pack your bags!
These things can't be fixed this year but Marvin will keep his job, nevertheless.
If this team makes the playoffs I'll be amazed!

Right on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Dude they have access to the best trainers and facilities money can buy. That weight and the stress of coaching in the NFL is a dangerous recipe. Thats not being weird it's seeing the obvious. I hope they take care of it in the off season for their own good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkl

Did you forget this is the Mike Brown owned Bengals?  Second rate college teams have better facilities.

Dalton was pretty bad, if he can complete the ball to a wide open AJ on the slant when we had the ball up 3 with 3 minutes to go, this game is over. He air-mailed him by 10 yards.  He's been so good up to now, perhaps this is a blip, but I also worry that a season of taking massive hits from a porous offensive line is starting to catch up with him mentally. Fucking block something, offensive line, just to show you can. 

I don't even know what to say about the defense. A throwback to horrible defenses of yore. Worse, the effort on the line appears to be dropping off, which is hugely concerning. 

The defensive backs look lost. Players, scheme, coaching, who knows, but it's comical. 

Zampese is a terrible play caller. The fact that he can't figure out how to slip Gio out of the backfield for passes into the open spaces in the middle when you have timeouts to get huge chunks of yardage toward FG range amazes me. He's a fucking professional coach, those plays exist, and Gio is uniquely qualified to make them.

This team blows goats.

At least Eifert being back at full strength showed the team's red zone issues were almost entirely due to his absence. 

Also, probably the biggest hidden turning point in the game? Bengals have rolled down the field to their second straight TD to go up 20-10 (not 21 thanks to Nugent being a dick), and the defense rolls over and allows a 5-play drive aided by Peko's insane stupid personal foul that covers 80 plus yards in just over 2-minutes.

That was amazingly bad from the D. Like, breath-takingly awful. Instead of offense getting the ball back with a chance to pad the lead, they made it right back into a game as fast as they possibly could.

Wait, another moment from yesterday, frozen in time. That opening eternal drive from Washington - down the near the goalline Cousins threw one late to the sidelines, and Shaw was RIGHT THERE. And he stood there, dumbfounded, as the ball went right past his head, his hands pinned to his sides. Looked for all the world like a pick 6, only, nah.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Dalton was pretty bad, if he can complete the ball to a wide open AJ on the slant when we had the ball up 3 with 3 minutes to go, this game is over. He air-mailed him by 10 yards.  He's been so good up to now, perhaps this is a blip, but I also worry that a season of taking massive hits from a porous offensive line is starting to catch up with him mentally. Fucking block something, offensive line, just to show you can. 

I don't even know what to say about the defense. A throwback to horrible defenses of yore. Worse, the effort on the line appears to be dropping off, which is hugely concerning. 

The defensive backs look lost. Players, scheme, coaching, who knows, but it's comical. 

Zampese is a terrible play caller. The fact that he can't figure out how to slip Gio out of the backfield for passes into the open spaces in the middle when you have timeouts to get huge chunks of yardage toward FG range amazes me. He's a fucking professional coach, those plays exist, and Gio is uniquely qualified to make them.

This team blows goats.

At least Eifert being back at full strength showed the team's red zone issues were almost entirely due to his absence. 

Yes, a very uncharacteristic day from Andy to be so repeatedly off target.  He looked like Cousins did against the Stealers....isn't great Cousins found his game for our contest.

also an uncharacteristic day for Shaw.   he had been rock solid thus far and gave up some big plays yesterday.  Jeez, he had a pick 6 staring him in the face on their first drive and he didn't even try to make a play on the ball.    The loss of Reggie Nelson is glaring in how bad the lack of coordination of the DB's is now.  Williams is a good backup, but should not be a starter.   And, when Oh when is Dre Kirkpatrick going to get his head removed from his ass? Same for Peko...Jeez o Pete.

I have not one problem with Zampese this game,   he can't make Andy throw straight.  The yards were there for the taking if the offense executes.  No, the play caller who needs to have his ass in fire is Paul Geunther.   It became obvious quickly that blizting was NOT WORKING.  Line stunting WAS WORKING.  Stayed with the former and abandoned the latter.

Also were Hunt and Sims hurt all game?   Seems like Peko and Geno played WAY  more reps than usual.  When we needed a pass rush Hunt was never on the field.

We FINALLY get some beneficent officiating and can't take advantage of it.

3 minutes ago, Dr Tarzan said:

Yes, a very uncharacteristic day from Andy to be so repeatedly off target.  He looked like Cousins did against the Stealers....isn't great Cousins found his game for our contest.

also an uncharacteristic day for Shaw.   he had been rock solid thus far and gave up some big plays yesterday.  Jeez, he had a pick 6 staring him in the face on their first drive and he didn't even try to make a play on the ball.    The loss of Reggie Nelson is glaring in how bad the lack of coordination of the DB's is now.  Williams is a good backup, but should not be a starter.   And, when Oh when is Dre Kirkpatrick going to get his head removed from his ass? Same for Peko...Jeez o Pete.

I have not one problem with Zampese this game,   he can't make Andy throw straight.  The yards were there for the taking if the offense executes.  No, the play caller who needs to have his ass in fire is Paul Geunther.   It became obvious quickly that blizting was NOT WORKING.  Line stunting WAS WORKING.  Stayed with the former and abandoned the latter.

Also were Hunt and Sims hurt all game?   Seems like Peko and Geno played WAY  more reps than usual.  When we needed a pass rush Hunt was never on the field.

We FINALLY get some beneficent officiating and can't take advantage of it.

Hunt was credited with one solo tackle.  Same as Michael Johnson...

Not sure about Sims.  I thought he was in there but no stats show.

Yeah, at least 15 penalties against the Foreskins and one blatant facemark against us not called and we couldn't take advantage.  Pathetic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived