A tie is pretty a much a loss in regards to playoff seeding. As far as what matters, both teams basically lost today. 

And it's insane this thread even exists. The offense struggled at the start of the season while we were waiting for Eifert to get back and to get aclimated to the new receivers. But Dalton has been absolutely solid this year, especially when you consider how abysmal our OL has been. Our defense on the other hand has just been terrible. We couldn't even stop the Browns when they had to resort to what was basically their 4th string QB last week. I stated my lack of confidence with Guenther on here many times in the past. I think Zimmer's influence has finally worn off and now we see what kind of coordinator he is. We have weaknesses for sure on that side of the ball. The difference is that Zimmer would have known how to scheme to compensate whereas "Paulie G" seems to have no clue. 

22 minutes ago, Lucid said:

A tie is pretty a much a loss in regards to playoff seeding. As far as what matters, both teams basically lost today. 

And it's insane this thread even exists. The offense struggled at the start of the season while we were waiting for Eifert to get back and to get aclimated to the new receivers. But Dalton has been absolutely solid this year, especially when you consider how abysmal our OL has been. Our defense on the other hand has just been terrible. We couldn't even stop the Browns when they had to resort to what was basically their 4th string QB last week. I stated my lack of confidence with Guenther on here many times in the past. I think Zimmer's influence has finally worn off and now we see what kind of coordinator he is. We have weaknesses for sure on that side of the ball. The difference is that Zimmer would have known how to scheme to compensate whereas "Paulie G" seems to have no clue. 

Two turnovers in crunch time when we needed him the most is by no means "solid". He's just not that good. Great person but not a great QB. Face it! 

27 minutes ago, SocalBengalEd said:

You gotta admit Dalton blew balls today

Exacatly. Marvin Lewis didn't throw that interception (which everyone saw coming once Dalton had to make a quick decision)  and the defense didn't fumble away the game at the end either. 

As bad as the team played they were still in it and our top dog had two shots. One to put the game away then another to win the game and we got what we always get....I'm sick and tired of it.  Alot of drafts have gone by and some amazing QB's were picked up in late rounds.  Why in the hell did they give Dalton the $100m contract? Now were basically stuck and we have a clutch QB wasting away on the bench.  That contract fucked this team all the way up. Wish they would bench the dude for at least one game to show him that if he cant deliver when the team needs him the most then its the next man up. We don't have a #2 just for injury purposes and I don't care if your throwing 300+ a game if your throwing bone head picks and fumbling the ball away at the end of games your ass is going to be on the bench and someone else is going to get a shot at your starting position. I hate losing and am freakin sick of watching this. 6 years has been long enough gaub dang it. 

3 minutes ago, JC said:

You have zero idea if that interception was Andy or Tyler's fault. None.

Com on man!    saw that interception coming as soon as Dalton was confused on to run or put it up.

I shit you not man I saw that pick coming I don't know if that was me reading Dalton's body language during the play or me being a Bengals fan and expecting that to be the outcome in a huge moment. Either way I saw it coming. 

What's troubling is this is at least the 4th time from what I count from memory that someone has fumbled the damn ball late in 4th quarter inside 2 minutes to go or overtime with just needing a score for the win in the last 10 games or so dating back to the McCarron fumble against Denver last year. There was that one the Hill fumble in playoffs earlier this year against Pissburgh if I recall correctly and today. So Dalton isn't the only one turning ball over in crunch time.

I mean I'll stand up for the guy too he has been a hell of a QB for the Bengals. When he's on fire he looks like Big Ben 2.0 but then we have a whole lot of days like today where he continually fucks shit up.  Their got to be consequences we can't let this losing shit continue.

Pretty obvious Andy threw the ball expecting Tyler to continue his crossing route.

You guys continue the circlejerk though. I suggest you find something better to do over the next decade rather than trying to make everyone as miserable as you because 14 is going nowhere.

14908289_1161897517237822_25116983459630

4 minutes ago, JC said:

Pretty obvious Andy threw the ball expecting Tyler to continue his crossing route.

You guys continue the circlejerk though. I suggest you find something better to do over the next decade rather than trying to make everyone as miserable as you because 14 is going nowhere.

14908289_1161897517237822_25116983459630

Could be, I dont remember seeing Eiferts route just him sitting down in the hole in the zone coverage. I chalked it up to Andy panicking. He has been good for us he prob has highest win % for qb in Bengals history. Playoffs 5 straight to start career. That's a winner he may not be prime time but he is a winner. Mvp lvl last year 165 straight att with no pick and 5 straight 100+ passer rating games til today. People want to complain if he isn't perfect every week he's been solid for us more often than not though. He's had his fare share of 4th quarter comebacks as well. Bills a few years ago Denver rookie year fell short but brought em back Seattle last year clutch plays against Bmore multiple times. He has come through plenty other times in 4th quarter as well and been solid more often than not.

37 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Exacatly. Marvin Lewis didn't throw that interception (which everyone saw coming once Dalton had to make a quick decision)  and the defense didn't fumble away the game at the end either. 

As bad as the team played they were still in it and our top dog had two shots. One to put the game away then another to win the game and we got what we always get....I'm sick and tired of it.  Alot of drafts have gone by and some amazing QB's were picked up in late rounds.  Why in the hell did they give Dalton the $100m contract? Now were basically stuck and we have a clutch QB wasting away on the bench.  That contract fucked this team all the way up. Wish they would bench the dude for at least one game to show him that if he cant deliver when the team needs him the most then its the next man up. We don't have a #2 just for injury purposes and I don't care if your throwing 300+ a game if your throwing bone head picks and fumbling the ball away at the end of games your ass is going to be on the bench and someone else is going to get a shot at your starting position. I hate losing and am freakin sick of watching this. 6 years has been long enough gaub dang it. 

Can you name some of these amazing late round  QBs we've missed on? And as far as Daltons contract can you explain how it fucked the team and they're now stuck? It was actually a great contract for the Bengals. After this season they can walk away with minimal dead cap space or damage. And now AJ MacCarron is clutch?  I think you're just fucking with us. No one can actually believe that you mean half of this shit.

Dalton is just a guy.   You need 12 yard on 3rd down,  sure he can throw it to a guy covered for 5.  Looks good on stats,  but doesn't get the job done.    We can only win with Dalton if everything else around him is perfect.   He is good at throwing it up randomly to see if AJ can come down with it,  but so could just about any QB.  Fans love their QB or hate him,  but he is not the guy to make up for other weaknesses and carry a tem,  not that good,  never has been , never will be. 

I love reading these thoughtless threads bitching about Dalton. There's s team northeast of Cincinnati would take Dalton in a heart beat. Quick bitching the problems are not Dalton

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

He'd look even worst without this surrounding cast. Sure they'd take him but he'd still be Dalton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 34blast said:

Dalton is just a guy.   You need 12 yard on 3rd down,  sure he can throw it to a guy covered for 5.  Looks good on stats,  but doesn't get the job done.    We can only win with Dalton if everything else around him is perfect.   He is good at throwing it up randomly to see if AJ can come down with it,  but so could just about any QB.  Fans love their QB or hate him,  but he is not the guy to make up for other weaknesses and carry a tem,  not that good,  never has been , never will be. 

You just summed up every great NFL QB ever. It's the line, dummy.

Every once in a while I see a post asking "Why's everyone left?"

This thread is why.

Anyone that has watched more than 30 seconds of Bengals football this year should know that the offensive line is ATROCIOUS. They should also know that the entire defense is ATROCIOUS.

I honestly have NO IDEA how that translates to "Andy Dalton sucks".

Karlos Dansby has been a horrible pick up. He's exploited in pass coverage CONSTANTLY.

Vontaze Burfict missed the first three weeks. I'm willing to bet that in the five games he has played, he's missed more tackles than the whole rest of his career combined.

Since everyone in the secondary has pretty much been equally awful, I'm just going to assume it's Kevin Coyle that has ruined the secondary. He should be fired during the bye week.

If there's a worse starting center in the NFL than Russell Bodine, I haven't seen him.

Cedric Ogbuehi has a long way to go. I'm not ready to say that he's a wasted pick, but he certainly has no business in there right now.

I could go on and on... Shawn Williams. Michael Johnson. Adam Jones. Dre Friggin' Kirkpatrick. A year ago, George Iloka was - quite possibly - the best cover safety in football. What the hell has happened?

And the loudest screams from this board are "Dalton Sucks!"

Smdh

I'll go back to lurking now.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Amen Alice.  I left this site for awhile because of it, although I've always been more of a lurker than an active participant anyway.  Came back recently, and saw that not much has changed since when I'd had enough.  Some of the user names have changed or are new, some the same, but stereotype attitudes remain.  Post counts are WAY down, nobody seems to post articles with interesting discuss topics anymore, so not much draw here.

I suppose I'm just naive and expect that a fan site (FOR BENGALS FANS ONLY! no less) would not be where the bitching would be the most brutal, especially obviously biased at certain players, one in particular.

I guess I just don't "align" with majority around here anymore.  Maybe I'm watching different games then them somehow?  Where are posters like Oldschooler, Bengals1181, you, and many others???

:0stfu:

Their not wasting their time on this thread for they have zero memory from the last six years of watching Dalton fuck up almsot every big opportunity this team gets especially those on national broadcast.

Their not embarrassed as fuck like me when their the only Bengal fan sitting in a packed bar and our dumb ass QB makes a embarrassing mistake.....like the pick and broken finger against Pitt the safety against the dolphins and on and on and on throughout six years

Archived