17 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Hate? I never once said hate. I said him and Nugent were talentless and it's not their fault . That's not a hate statement. It's a known fact. I have always said Dalton was a backup that lucked out and got a starting job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny right there. 

A qb who led his team to 5 straight playoff appearances (1st in franchise history)

A qb who broke passing and touchdown records (you can say look at the talent around him but the qb whose record he broke had great talent around him as well.  Can't have it both ways)

A qb who led his team to it's first 8-0 record and was in talk for MVP before getting injured.

A qb that led his team when down 17 points in the 4th quarter to a win over Seattle (i believe that that was a first as well)

How can you say he is talent less and that he lucked into the starting position?

That's funny right there. 

A qb who led his team to 5 straight playoff appearances (1st in franchise history)

A qb who broke passing and touchdown records (you can say look at the talent around him but the qb whose record he broke had great talent around him as well.  Can't have it both ways)

A qb who led his team to it's first 8-0 record and was in talk for MVP before getting injured.

A qb that led his team when down 17 points in the 4th quarter to a win over Seattle (i believe that that was a first as well)

How can you say he is talent less and that he lucked into the starting position?

Dalton doesn't win that Seahawks game if Eifert doesn't make that amazing diving catch to extend the chains. Dude had AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu surrounding him. With a supporting cast like that any backup QB looks good. Sanu and Jones absence's are exposing Dalton's faults ( again ) its back to old Andy.

Dalton doesn't win that Seahawks game if Eifert doesn't make that amazing diving catch to extend the chains. Dude had AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu surrounding him. With a supporting cast like that any backup QB looks good. Sanu and Jones absence's are exposing Dalton's faults ( again ) its back to old Andy. Hey bro don't waste your time on me. I'm a lost cause when it comes to Dalton. I see him as a future backup somewhere. Maybe even here, but not my idea of a take charge QB

5 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Dalton doesn't win that Seahawks game if Eifert doesn't make that amazing diving catch to extend the chains. Dude had AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu surrounding him. With a supporting cast like that any backup QB looks good. Sanu and Jones absence's are exposing Dalton's faults ( again ) its back to old Andy.

emoji41.png

They didn't miss Jones and Sanu in the first half. LaFell = Jones. Sanu only showed up every 3 or 4 games. They missed Eifert. Not sure why the media harps on those 2 WRs leaving. They still do. My guess is that it's part of the eternal Mike Brown is cheap jabs.

The sadly amazing thing is that out of the offensive players that left, they probably miss Andre the most.

6 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

emoji41.png

It was a hell of a catch but that wasn't the only reason we won.  He lead that team back and onto an 8-0 start. 

hat about 2014?  No Eifert, No Jones, Green out how many games?  Sanu was sometimes the only  receiver and Dalton led this team to the playoffs. 

It was a hell of a catch but that wasn't the only reason we won.  He lead that team back and onto an 8-0 start. 
hat about 2014?  No Eifert, No Jones, Green out how many games?  Sanu was sometimes the only  receiver and Dalton led this team to the playoffs. 

Yes but he turns into Tony Romo in big moments

43 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Ah yes, the classic elusive big game argument, where only games they lose are big games.  The same sort of mental gymnastics that allow for Dalton only winning because of his awesome supporting cast, but losing solely because of Dalton.  They're carrying the team except for when they aren't.  Fantastic.

You keep on bangin' that drum, sport.

On 11/2/2016 at 10:44 PM, RhodeIslandFan said:

Hate? I never once said hate. I said him and Nugent were talentless and it's not their fault . That's not a hate statement. It's a known fact. I have always said Dalton was a backup that lucked out and got a starting job.

I never said hate... Now let me tell you the reasons I hate Andy Dalton.

Label it whatever makes you feel good brother, but if these were just facts, we wouldn't be debating them.

27 minutes ago, JC said:

Some of this shit is eye bleach. Christ.

FWIW, it has brought some life back to the forum.  Maybe that was the plan?  "oh, crap, board is quiet, let's stir the pot!" 

Anyone else see the irony in a newer member with the name "Catfish"?  We being played here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSvItHxyqeH7q8DbYQIKr

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

FWIW, it has brought some life back to the forum.  Maybe that was the plan?  "oh, crap, board is quiet, let's stir the pot!" 

Anyone else see the irony in a newer member with the name "Catfish"?  We being played here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSvItHxyqeH7q8DbYQIKr

+1 for mentioning one of my favorite guilty pleasure TV shows.  F'n cracks me up (almost) every time.

But that's not why I called. (OK, it is)

Not sure about Bob but I heard if you look in a mirror and say "Scharm" three times he appears.

Maybe try with old schooler or mully, too. 

9 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

He's come up big in plenty of games. Last drive of Pitt game last year Bills a couple years back Broncos his rookie year Ravens on more then 1 occasion Seahawks last year and I'm sure there's plenty of others.

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ah yes, the classic elusive big game argument, where only games they lose are big games.  The same sort of mental gymnastics that allow for Dalton only winning because of his awesome supporting cast, but losing solely because of Dalton.  They're carrying the team except for when they aren't.  Fantastic.

You keep on bangin' that drum, sport.

THIS....SO FUCKING MUCH!!!!!!!!  wish I should give it more that 1 upvote 

these fucking guys make this place unbearable...

I have  said it before.. Andy could lead this team to the super bowl and it wouldn't be enough.. They are all still sucking the quitters dick... 

15 hours ago, StripesEarned said:

He's come up big in plenty of games. Last drive of Pitt game last year Bills a couple years back Broncos his rookie year Ravens on more then 1 occasion Seahawks last year and I'm sure there's plenty of others.

those weren't big games... we won them....

33 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

You can always put them on ignore but I think it's kind of funny at this point.  The idea of someone watching our defense give up 30 pts a game & our kicker miss extra points, then getting online to bitch about the QB is hilarious.  I picture them like a western tourist watching a Japanese Noh theater production, just clapping when everyone else does and having not the faintest idea of what's going on even though it's entertaining on some level.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Confused-Clapping-Gif.

28 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Limited to +1. It seems obvious to me that after watching the skins game, the offense is on the upswing with Eifert full go. Not unstoppable, but should be good enough to win games if the D tightens up even a little.

Averaging 20+ per game even with the OL playing like shit & no Eifert.  How that's not a credit to the QB, I don't know.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Averaging 20+ per game even with the OL playing like shit & no Eifert.  How that's not a credit to the QB, I don't know.

Yes. I should've added that an already decent offense is on the upswing after last week. It wasn't good enough to make up for the defense, but it could be now. With Dalton being the bulk of that. AJ has been key, but he's not throwing it to himself.

3 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

On another note. How about Hobson's choice articles. That guys the total homer, but after reading his picks and fan gripes. It get it...He's stealthy., he actually picks the write in's that really reflect his opinions and still keeps good graces with the organization. Kinda like using The Socratic method. Nice emoji41.pngemoji106.png

Discussed elsewhere but Hobson also trolls bulletin boards, including this one, and plagiarized freely or at least cops ideas and opinions stated by others.  

On 11/5/2016 at 9:53 AM, fluhartz said:

I have  said it before.. Andy could lead this team to the super bowl and it wouldn't be enough.. They are all still sucking the quitters dick... 

those weren't big games... we won them....

Wasn't referring to them being big games was referring to him coming up big in 4th qtr to ppl here saying he chokes in crunch time. Yea we did win all of those besides the Denver one his rookie year. He played great in the 4th qtr that game and got us back in it just like he did in other examples I gave. Without him playing great in crunch time we dont win any of those games or even get back in any of them.

You can always put them on ignore but I think it's kind of funny at this point.  The idea of someone watching our defense give up 30 pts a game & our kicker miss extra points, then getting online to bitch about the QB is hilarious.  I picture them like a western tourist watching a Japanese Noh theater production, just clapping when everyone else does and having not the faintest idea of what's going on even though it's entertaining on some level.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Confused-Clapping-Gif.gif

Dude, his bad play causes others members of the team to try and do more than their job. Your quarterback is your keystone, a bad decision, fumble, pick, bad throws to open receivers or lack of taking command. Forces others players to not stay in their disciplines of just doing your job. It's been said Dalton stands tall and takes the hit. Yes he does, but after all these years his feel for the flow of the game has stagnated and not grown. He's had the luxury of the same coach, Same owner, same teammates, same fans, same play book, unlike the coach changes and inconsistencies seen around the league and still struggles

Archived