Whoever wins tonight...

Jason

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Tomorrow will be an interesting day on social media.  This may be the most divided election of all time.  People in both parties hate both candidates.

Eh, not even close.  Get back to me when one of them challenges the other to a duel.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Times have changed.  And I'm talking about the voters.

We used to have full-scale riots at polling places, with each side trying to physically prevent the other from voting.  The KKK waging a campaign of domestic terror in the south during desegregation.  And then of course there was an actual civil war that one time.

I mean, sure this election has been divisive and IMHO exposed a segment or maybe more accurately a viewpoint in this country we liked to deny still existed.  But again, to call this the "most divisive election of all time" would be to ignore US history beyond the last 40-50 years.

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We used to have full-scale riots at polling places, with each side trying to physically prevent the other from voting.  The KKK waging a campaign of domestic terror in the south during desegregation.  And then of course there was an actual civil war that one time.

I mean, sure this election has been divisive and IMHO exposed a segment or maybe more accurately a viewpoint in this country we liked to deny still existed.  But again, to call this the "most divisive election of all time" would be to ignore US history beyond the last 40-50 years.

Certainly not the most divisive in history, but probably the most divisive in our lifetime.

2 hours ago, cnbengal said:

Yeah, the nice thing about the 18 to 25 crowd is after they graduate and get out in the working world and see what the government does with their taxes their political views have a tendency to change.

I was just about to post something similar.

One note from my perspective in the recent election. 

Three people in line in front of me knew which precinct that they were voting in.   All others had to be directed to the correct desk.   I didn't see any of the 18 to 25 crowd not have to ask directions.   Tells me a few things but one of them might be that many were first time voters or new to voting in the area.   I was waiting in line at 0600 with quite a few others.

Here's my cup I chose before elections even started. 

mug,standard,x400,right-bg,ffffff.u1.jpg

3 hours ago, cnbengal said:

Yeah, the nice thing about the 18 to 25 crowd is after they graduate and get out in the working world and see what the government does with their taxes their political views have a tendency to change.

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

I was just about to post something similar.

Except they have student loan debt that will sink their chances to own a home any time soon. So I wouldn't count on that.

And not all of us get more conservative....I've become MUCH more Liberal as Ive gotten older.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Except they have student loan debt that will sink their chances to own a home any time soon. So I wouldn't count on that.

And not all of us get more conservative....I've become MUCH more Liberal as Ive gotten older.

Which they could pay off faster if their taxes were lower, a Republican principle.

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Which they could pay off faster if their taxes were lower, a Republican principle.

Or if we get rid of the minimum wage and unions which suppresses wages as well and worker rights...... also a Republican principle.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Or if we get rid of the minimum wage and unions which suppresses wages as well and worker rights...... also a Republican principle.

Or tax the hell out of the working population and give it to the non working population...... a democratic principle. 

41 minutes ago, cnbengal said:

actually it's "i worked for mine how about you work for yours"  but that principle has been lost at approximately 51 percent of the country 

Do you have any idea how little of your tax money goes to welfare programs?  Are you really so arrogant as to think over half the country lacks your work ethic?

it's been shown in all the media outlets that more than half the us population is on some form of government assistance (handout), not just welfare.  I'll bet in whatever field that you work in you've seen a significant drop off in work ethic from as little as 10 years ago. The number of adult males age 18 to 30 that still live at home and don't work a full time job is jaw dropping.

Archived