!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ GIANTS GAME THREAD!!!

Marvin has always been good at everything except coaching. Good eye for talent, knowledge of the game, etc. He has never made good decisions during games though.  He should have been gone four years ago. They kept making the playoffs because they were good.  He's a terrible big game coach though regardless of the team being good or bad. He undoubtedly played a part in putting a good team on the field, but he couldn't manage clock, scheme, adjust, etc.  He'd already proved it every which way possible by the Charger wild card loss.  Everyone's calling for his head now that we REALLY suck, but I don't think he was a better coach during those consecutive wild card years. The team was just better.

What a horrendous game.  Not only because both teams looked like shit, but the game was *still* mostly controlled by penalty calls.  Wow, what a product!  Great work Roger, you can't play defense anymore and you've even got BS calls happening on fair catch punts, and reviews of plays that are so painfully obvious that a trained seal could tell you a review isn't necessary.  

Catch the excitement!

Just now, A Rock said:

Marvin has always been good at everything except coaching. Good eye for talent, knowledge of the game, etc. He has never made good decisions during games though.  He should have been gone four years ago. They kept making the playoffs because they were good.  He's a terrible big game coach though regardless of the team being good or bad. He undoubtedly played a part in putting a good team on the field, but he couldn't manage clock, scheme, adjust, etc.  He'd already proved it every which way possible by the Charger wild card loss.  Everyone's calling for his head now that we REALLY suck, but I don't think he was a better coach during those consecutive wild card years. The team was just better.

I have never seen the good talent part. Decent eye for talent, but nothing special. Hes hit on about as many draft picks as anyone outside of maybe the Browns and one other team.

Tons of teams have better draft success than Marvin... I think the eye for talent thing is just a complete common mischaracterization

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Or imagine how good Dalton would be if he had Bellicheck as his coach? Or how good he'd be if he had the '86 bears defense?

Dalton is not a good QB! Plain and simple! Listen to guys who know the game talk about him. He's fucking garbage! For the love of God.....just watch him when the game is on the line. He is just good enough to not win. Why do u guys love him? WWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY????????

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Inactive

So that's the defensive shake up.  Bring back Dingleberry and bench Margus.  I honestly think he could have made a difference swatting down those quick, low throws Manning was making.  JMO, of course, but benching him for Dingleberry or Michael Johnson, for that matter, was not a good coaching move.

Just now, Champ Kind said:

Dalton is not a good QB! Plain and simple! Listen to guys who know the game talk about him. He's fucking garbage! For the love of God.....just watch him when the game is on the line. He is just good enough to not win. Why do u guys love him? WWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY????????

You should try posting the same thing more often and use all caps.  It makes your points more valid.

1 minute ago, Champ Kind said:

Dude... You're a broken record.

1 minute ago, A Rock said:

Agree 100% anyone that has watched this team last 14 years would have to agree. Our talent the last 5 years or so trumped bad coaching but now team looks old slow and weak especially on oline dline lbers and hell secondary to so whole damn defense.

1 minute ago, StripesEarned said:

Agree 100% anyone that has watched this team last 14 years would have to agree. Our talent the last 5 years or so trumped bad coaching but now team looks old slow and weak especially on oline dline lbers and hell secondary to so whole damn defense.

The influx of talent the last 3 or 4 years has not been good.  Are Marvin and Tobin good judges of talent, or did they get lucky for a few years?  

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

So that's the defensive shake up.  Bring back Dingleberry and bench Margus.  I honestly think he could have made a difference swatting down those quick, low throws Manning was making.  JMO, of course, but benching him for Dingleberry or Michael Johnson, for that matter, was not a good coaching move.

Yeah I thought Hunt was improving, I don't get it either.  I don't know what I expected though.

Just now, UncleEarl said:

The influx of talent the last 3 or 4 years has not been good.  Are Marvin and Tobin good judges of talent, or did they get lucky for a few years?  

Depends on what position group you're talking about.  Again points to the assistant coaches.

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Except I can't read a god damned thing on that screen. It's not a game, it's an eye chart.

If there's an option to make the fonts larger than 8 point, I'll think about it.

I say that looking at people play WoW or League, so spammy

Just now, T-Dub said:

Yeah I thought Hunt was improving, I don't get it either.  I don't know what I expected though.

I almost put something in the thread before the game but in the lookquick script at the bottom of the screen I thought I saw Michael Johnson and Maualuga listed as inactive.  Then they showed Atkins and the D in pregame in the end zone and I saw 90 and thought WTF?  Later when they showed the script at the bottom of the screen again it was just Maualuga.  Yeah, second guessing the coaches decisions but I thought he would have been better in the passing D than a number of others.  I think he's always a threat to knock down a kick or punt, too.  Oh well...

Archived