The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Giants

Sometimes you have to wonder if it's the coaching or the players when it's this systemically bad on all fronts. At some point, we have to learn to capitalize on momentum, or not let the other team gain momentum. Players will usually take on the character of their coaching, and it's evident that our coaching is sub par.

Good

- Gilberry made a difference

- Geno when he felt like he wanted to win

- Running game when we actually tried to use it

Bad

- Pathetic choke by the defense in the second half.  Sure the refs kept you on your heels with all kinds of contact calls but the d-line stopped getting pressure and the secondary has proven it is a house of cards this season.

- Int by Andy was classic "greedy frustration" that he displays from time to time.  I do feel some sympathy for him because he has no time to set up this season at all.

The Ugly

- Need I say it?  This o-line is beyond garbage.  The most indelible memory I will have of this is the first series when they tried to pull on a run and Bodine is out jogging as he watches the opponent scream past and stuff the play.  If he'd made even the slightest effort it would have been a huge gain.  Just... wow.

- Have you seen so many 3rd and 10+ in your life?  Mix bad play calling with horrible o-line play and stupid penalties and that's what you get. 

This team just doesn't play clean football.  Too many mistakes, penalties, and missed opportunities.  It would be easier to understand if they simply lacked talent.  Instead they lose another winnable game because of critical self-inflicted errors.  I can't blame individual players or coaches.  It's literally on everyone.

Was there a shotgun snap all game that didnt hit Dalton in the ankles? That right there sets the play back 2 seconds. Dalton has to take his eyes off the defense and try to gather the snap. Most of our plays are quick timing routes. A bad snap throws everything off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ugly: The D couldn't stop a struggling run game in the final drive when they knew they were going to run and get the offense back on the field. Of course, the way the offense looked in the 4th quarter, it would not have made any difference. But it would've been a shot.

Said this in another thread: tough place to win...especially with the NFL getting their usual cadre of phantom calls/non-calls into the mix...and playing on ESPN in the Media Capital of the World.

Maybe I was just seeing a different game, but I was actually seeing improvement in the offensive line--when Winston was playing anyway. 

I sort of figured Odell Psycho would get his...since he was being advertised all night by ESPN. 

On to Buffalo.

The problem is the coaching of the LBs and DBs.

They are always out of position.

I won't mention that the Miami defense (coached by a former Bengals coach) picked off Philip Rivers 4 times in their win over the Chargers

Twice in the 4th quarter, including a pick 6.

Schemes and coaching.

Both of ours are not good now

There was one play in the second half I think, It was like 3rd and 4 Giants ball and there was nobody covering the slot receiver. I was screaming at the TV and sure enough Eli threw him the ball in the flat right at the sticks. The guy dropped it but still nobody was covering him. Its coaching and its bad.

The Bad:

Marvin Lewis not trying to get points at the end of the first half is utterly inexcusable.  Plenty of time and a timeout remaining.  Name me one other good coach who would ever do that in that situation.  You don't give up possessions when you are FUCKING LOSING!!

Burfict covering a receiver on 4th and goal?  How does that happen?

The UGLY:

Zampese failing to notice what every fan at home and the guys in the booth saw plain as day... That the Giants were going to go all out at Dalton in the 4th quarter.

Chunk playing it "safe" with a 6 point lead and getting away from what had been working all day.

Really, we can't win a Super Bowl for the next 4 years, because that involves a trip to the White House, and Trump would "Gunther 'em by the Zampese" faster than you can make a humidor out of an intern. The equipment manager is the only coach with balls on this team.

Archived