AJ Green Update

16 hours ago, Jason said:

We might be in the Myles Garrett range now.

We would have to get into the top 5 imo

I think we end up top 10, if that happens I think I trade down to top 15 grab Corey Davis and get an extra 2nd round pick and use both on interior linemen

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

yes it is, better draft pick too, this team needs more talent obviously.

If I am reading what you are saying here correctly, you are saying A.J.'s injury is a blessing to the team because it gets us a better draft pick.  IMHO, that's a pretty fucked up way of thinking.  My personal preference would be a 100% healthy A.J. (and Dre and Gio) and having the very last pick in the draft after we win the Super Bowl.  Ain't gonna happen, but I do not see any sort of blessing in an injury to anyone.

45 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We would have to get into the top 5 imo

I think we end up top 10, if that happens I think I trade down to top 15 grab Corey Davis and get an extra 2nd round pick and use both on interior linemen

Without Gio and Green the top 5 is very realistic.  This team was bad before losing 2 of it's top 4 offensive weapons.

31 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

If I am reading what you are saying here correctly, you are saying A.J.'s injury is a blessing to the team because it gets us a better draft pick.  IMHO, that's a pretty fucked up way of thinking.  My personal preference would be a 100% healthy A.J. (and Dre and Gio) and having the very last pick in the draft after we win the Super Bowl.  Ain't gonna happen, but I do not see any sort of blessing in an injury to anyone.

Well, duh, but unfortunately we're getting to that point in the season where we need to start looking at 2017, were a ravens loss away from that point.

I think we should start McCarron soon and get him ready for the free market.  Maybe get a decent pick for him in the off season. 

Lol thank God I'm not the only one here that harbors those opinions. When I said it Sunday darts flew lol, but I agree 100%. We should have been using him in those ridiculous exotic formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Lol thank God I'm not the only one here that harbors those opinions. When I said it Sunday darts flew lol, but I agree 100%. We should have been using him in those ridiculous exotic formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the point of throwing Andy out there all game.  Without Green you know teams will be coming after Dalton. Add in the fact our Oline is bad and that is a recipe for disaster.

7 minutes ago, bengals7833 said:

No way I play mccarron. his trade value will plummet playing behind that shit line and having no weapons

Whill you make a good point, not sure having Dalton blown up there all game is a better solution.

A.J. Green out this week, not ruled out for season

CORRECTS THE NAME OF THE BENGALS PLAYER TO A.J. GREEN, AND NOT CODY CORE AS ORIGINALLY SENT - Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green (18) is carted off the field after an apparent injury in the first half of an NFL football game against the Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/Frank Victores)AP

After wide receiver A.J. Green hurt his hamstring in Sunday’s loss to the Bills, word from the team was that they feared he would miss the rest of the season with a tear in the muscle.

That fear has not been realized as of Monday. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis met with the media for a press conference and announced that Green has been ruled out for Week 12 with what he described as a hamstring strain.

Lewis said that Green is moving better than expected on Monday and that he does not expect the wideout to miss the rest of the regular season. Sunday’s loss makes it likelier that the end of the regular season will be the end of the Bengals season altogether and that could impact how much they’re willing to push Green in the final weeks of a lost year.

While the news on Green is better than it appeared to be on Sunday, there’s no reprieve for running back Giovani Bernard. Lewis confirmed that Bernard tore his ACL late in the loss and will miss the rest of the season as a result.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/21/a-j-green-out-this-week-not-ruled-out-for-season/

On 11/20/2016 at 8:28 PM, High School Harry said:

An injury to A.J. Green is not a blessing in any way, shape or form to this team.  Maybe to the cornerbacks who had to defend him, but not a blessing for the Bengals.

Agreed.  Who do we have left to play the role of the decoy? 

:shrug:

Polish up Dalton for a deal and keep AJ Webb...er...McCarron.   :grin-min:

Snicker all you'd like but I'm with that. Hell ...AJ Mc Carron won that playoff game in my eyes with that touchdown throw to AJ Green . He showed a hell of a lot more poise than Dalton in all his previous playoff attempts combined....Jeremy Hill ( what a self centered dope) stole Mc Carron''S glory. That fumble will haunt him and eventually ruin his career. No one can ever put something like that behind them. Taz caused a riff in the locker room. When he said Hill blew that game after Vontaze gifted wrapped it with an interception

Archived