Bengals keeping Nugent

On 11/22/2016 at 8:17 AM, High School Harry said:

Mike Brown is supposedly not into firing people because of the affect it had on his father and family when fired by Cleveland so long ago.  I agree and being fired for whatever reason (especially when unfair and not warranted) is devastating with long term affects to the person and family.

Therefore, I do not want to see Nugent fired.

HOWEVER ... I would very much like to see Nuge retire so he can spend the holidays and thereafter with his family and not working with the Bengals.  Along those same lines, I would also like to see The Marvin retire (hello, Coach Haslett).  And Peko.

See?  It doesn't have to be so hard.

Uhhhh...if you do not perform in your profession you still fired. Fuck he family. Fuck your feelings. What kind of business are you trying to run here. That's the type of shit reason why we haven't won a playoff game in over 2 decades 

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Same goes for Marvin.  "B-b-b-but who will replace him?"  I can't answer that but I'm still ready to roll the dice.

Right!!!

I was just talking about this with my dad and brother... I said get rid of ole Marv and my brother was like be careful what you wish for..

I was like..lol are you enjoying all of the playoff wins... and we might go back to having bad regular seasons too... oh wait.. we have 3 fucking wins...

sooooo ready for someone else to bitch about..

Right!!!

I was just talking about this with my dad and brother... I said get rid of ole Marv and my brother was like be careful what you wish for..

I was like..lol are you enjoying all of the playoff wins... and we might go back to having bad regular seasons too... oh wait.. we have 3 fucking wins...

sooooo ready for someone else to bitch about..

Marvin's just going through a (6) playoff dry spell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, B.A.B. said:

Uhhhh...if you do not perform in your profession you still fired. Fuck he family. Fuck your feelings. What kind of business are you trying to run here. That's the type of shit reason why we haven't won a playoff game in over 2 decades 

Said kind of tongue in cheek.  Should have added a :ph34r:.  And you're right, that's the type of shit reason why we haven't won a playoff game in over 2 decades.  Furthermore, its the reason we haven't made the playoffs and even had 3-4 win seasons.  How long did we Mike Brown stick with the David Klinglers and Dave Shulas of the world?  Jim Breech would not (should not) have been around as he was without Lee Johnson for long field goal attempts (he might miss, but it would not fall ten yards short) and kick offs.  How about Bratkowski?  Or Lippencott, whose son is now on the coaching staff.  So is Marvin's son.  My comments were about the "loyal to a fault"  Brownthink.  

Maybe Nugent will have a slight hamstring pull Sunday and go on IR.  Out of town, of course, because he would be cheered here if it happened.

As for "if you do not preform in your profession you're still fired"... think back to high school and your piss poorest teacher who was there before you got there and there after you left.

But +1 because I agree with what you said.

I love how the local media likes to say that there is no one on the street who is going to do a better job than Mike Nugent. I present to you all the active kickers in the league who were were signed mid-season:

Chris Boswell

Graham Gano

Nick Novak

Matt Prater

Dustin Hopkins

Caleb Sturgis

Matt Bryant

Cody Parkey

Robbie Gould

Fuck off Hobson, Dehner, Terrell. You're all shills for the Bengals and you have no guts!

I love how the local media likes to say that there is no one on the street who is going to do a better job than Mike Nugent. I present to you all the active kickers in the league who were were signed mid-season:

Chris Boswell
Graham Gano
Nick Novak
Matt Prater
Dustin Hopkins
Caleb Sturgis
Matt Bryant
Cody Parkey
Robbie Gould

Fuck off Hobson, Dehner, Terrell. You're all shills for the Bengals and you have no guts!

They know no matter how piss'd fans get. We still show up on Sunday. I was hoping the term " long suffering Bengals fan" was finally a thing of the past until that playoff debacle. Fast forward mediocre Nugent prolonging the frustration.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

IDK about the other two but Hobson is a Bengals employee so I'm not sure what you'd expect him to say?

It was mostly for Dehner. Having said that, I look at these questions that are asked to Marvin at the press conferences and its absolutely pathetic. All of their questions are always framed in manner that is almost affirmative of the things Marvin always says. Its like they are giving him a pep talk on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. For God's sake, Lapham is the one asking the most questions and he's a Bengals employee! Perhaps I'm just used to seeing the NY media do what they do. If Marvin was coaching in NY, the media would have run him out of town years ago. 

12 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Dalton loversemoji173.png️. Your boy sucks. He got his shit slapped back 6 times than fumbles the season away . What a douche bag

Do you realize that you're a du@$$, or does that go over your head, too?

I am pretty Loyal but i do believe it is time to find a replacement for Nuggent. However, he is not the only replacement that needs to go. Offensive and Defensive Coordinators are on my list as well, not sure if Marvin needs to go - need WR in the Draft, DE that can get to the QB would be nice, Peko - i love him but its time to replace him too. The OL has issues, new blood needed, i think we will be in a rebuilding mode for a few years. I hate to say we peaked. So it is not just Nuj..... its an overhaul.

That was just terrible football to watch for both teams, except maybe Justin Tucker. Baltimore isn't any good either, at least, not on offense. Hard to tell how good their defense really is when EVERY team's defenses punch through our oline like a bazooka through a paper bag. Oy vey our team sucks. Bad.

Archived