!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ RAVENS GAME THREAD!!!

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/baltimore-ravens/five-bold-predictions-bengals-ravens-and-who-will-win?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Seven bold predictions and who will win:

1. Neither team will reach 20 points.

Without Green and running back Giovani Bernard, the Bengals are missing their top two pass catchers. The Ravens’ offense has struggled, and the Bengals’ defense has given the Ravens fits. Points will be precious.

2. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will throw two interceptions.

Flacco didn’t throw a pick against the Cowboys, but he has thrown more interceptions against the Bengals than any other team. He has almost as many interceptions (nine) as touchdown passes (10). The Bengals’ defense will hunt turnovers and is likely to get some.

3. Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton will run for at least 30 yards.

Dalton is capable of making plays with his legs, and I don’t see running back Jeremy Hill having much success against the Ravens’ defense. When Dalton has an opportunity to scramble for positive yards, he will take it, especially on third down.

4. Ravens rookie running back Kenneth Dixon will gain at least 50 yards.

The Bengals’ run defense isn’t what it usually is, and Dixon looks stronger every week. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Dixon become the Ravens’ lead running back late in the season, and this game could be the start of that transition.

5. The Ravens will commit five or fewer penalties.

That’s a bold prediction, considering how penalty prone the Ravens have been. Players are focused on cutting down on penalties again, after committing 12 against the Cowboys. It’s about time the Ravens played a cleaner game, and this should be it.

6. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis,

Regardless of the outcome, Marvin Lewis will continue to see improvement.

7. Bengals kicker, Shank Nugent,

will be 0 for 3 on field goals from inside the 15 yard line.

PREDICTION: This will be a defensive struggle, but I can’t see the Ravens losing at home to a Bengals team that looks vulnerable. The Bengals have won five straight over Baltimore, but at home, the Ravens will find a way.

Ravens 16, Bengals 9

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You have the wrong person, Captain. I actually enjoy your posts. 

Me, too.  JMHO but I can't see putting anyone on ignore.  I find a lot of posters who others find ignorable amusing in many ways and am sorry some of the banned are no longer with us especially when some of the (now departed) mods were just as bad or worse with the personal insults and flame baiting. 

Really do miss a lot of the now departed long time posters who got a case of the reds and show up only in the "Who Was Online" space below.  Not sure of the reasons, but get over it.  If, indeed, as some would tell you the board is dying, its them that's killing it, not the ones still here.  In other words, would like to see all come on back.

b8iik.jpg <--- Game related portion of the post.?

It will be interesting to see how Josh Shaw does at Safety today. I have not liked the move of Williams to starter since it happened. If the Bengals have a chance today they need Eifert, Boyd and Hill to have big games. Defense needs to get to Flacco and create turnovers. Would love to see the Bengals continue to dominate the Ravens. 6 of the last 7 meetings have been Bengals victories.

29 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

It will be interesting to see how Josh Shaw does at Safety today. I have not liked the move of Williams to starter since it happened. If the Bengals have a chance today they need Eifert, Boyd and Hill to have big games. Defense needs to get to Flacco and create turnovers. Would love to see the Bengals continue to dominate the Ravens. 6 of the last 7 meetings have been Bengals victories.

Shaw is the best slot corner on this team right now and it's not even close. It's a major loss to have to move him to Safety. IMO, Derron Smith has lots of promise and offers an instant upgrade over Williams, both now and in the long-term. Safety is definitely a need on this team for the upcoming off-season, but between now and then I've had great hopes that Derron Smith would get a chance to show us (and hopefully the new regime) that he belongs there.

Shawn Williams has no business as a starting defender on on NFL football field.

Archived