Dre (this team in a goddamn nutshell)

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

(on the defense) “We have to figure out what they’re doing early and just go out there and play our game. We still played pretty good, but we didn’t get the win.”

(on the consistency of the defense) “Exactly. Consistency. We should have had this game. We’ve got to get over that hump, especially at the beginning of the game. We can’t allow teams to go down there and drive the ball on us. It’s unacceptable.”

(on the injuries and if the defense felt more pressure) “We didn’t have to make up anything. We knew we had to help carry the load, because A.J. [Green] is one of the greats, so that was a big dent in the scheme of what we like to do.”

(on stopping the offense and seeing 50-yard field goals) “At the end of the day, we’ve got to bite down. It does get frustrating, but at the end of the day, this is a team sport. We shouldn’t single anybody out and come together as a unit, but I tip my hat to the Ravens. They were a better team today. They went and got the job done, but I feel like we still should have won this game.”

(on taking away the long ball) “He just didn’t throw the deep ball. A couple times the deep ball was there, but he didn’t throw it. You have to give credit to Adam [Jones] on the outside and our safeties.”

(on the losing streak) “To me, it starts to wear on you. I’m a winner. I’ve never been in this position, but, at the end of the day, when you’re a competitor, you keep competing, especially when your back’s against the wall. You always find a way to get out of it. We still have a great opportunity in front of us.”

(on the battle with Steve Smith) “’89’ said I was trash. If I’m trash, what did he do today? [Expletive], clean that up. Who was trash today? He said what he had to say last year. I just wanted to let him know, am I trash now? ‘89’ looked to trash me, but he didn’t do anything.”

Does he have any freaking clue that it's a team game and his team lost?

First step in developing a true winning culture is to get rid of guys like this. You know the type. The type that beats his chest after giving up a fourth down conversion....

17 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

First step in developing a true winning culture is to get rid of guys like this. You know the type. The type that beats his chest after giving up a fourth down conversion....

I'm not a big fan of DreSwag but I'm not going to fault a guy for finding a way to get himself fired up on a 3-7 team.  If the rest of the team had his motivation they probably wouldn't be 3-7 (or if Dre had, say, Dunlap's professionalism, to be fair.)

4 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Out of everything he said, you try to find one thing to prove a point.  Such B.S.

Out of everything?

I watched him celebrate on the field after giving up a 4th down conversion. 

I then listened to him gloat in the postgame that he somehow proved Steve Smith's assertion about him to be false. 

Who fucking cares??? You're team lost, you dunce! He's gloating to another guy whose team won.

No wonder the team plays stupid week in and week out; look at the type of guys who play for it. 

Yeah, he's played okay this year, but not great.  Sadly he's our best player in the secondary at this point, and that's not saying all that much, although in all fairness the pass rush isn't doing them any favors.  I guess it's a general rule that all cornerbacks need to be arrogant, self-centered, me-first, attitude-first talkers.  Not a fan of that style myself, but whatever.  I almost threw the remote at my TV on that 4th down conversion celebration.  WTF?!?!?  If he's just trying to "fire himself up" then there seems like there are more effective ways of doing that.

Scoreboard!

I do have to admit that I wouldn't be so critical of his 'tude if the team was actually winning though.

Nothing wrong with the defense the past two weeks.  Tucker kicked 3 50+yard field goals, the Bengals kicker can't make an extra point.  just think if this offense was any good and could fucking score some points.  how many extra points would he have missed.  then again, when he does get an opportunity, it's more ran than seeing Jesus Christ himself.  this team fucking sucks, but it starts with this shit offense.

The Marvin Lewis era Bengals are the kings of moral victories.  Hey we didn't win, but we had great effort, improvement, execution, etc. As a fan, I'm furious with any loss and can't stand players or coaches who find silver linings ten minutes after yet another tough loss. 

My favorite celebration from Dre are the ones when the QB throws the ball out of bounds and Dre gets in the WR face and does the incomplete signal. Good job Dre. If you catch that pick six today that hit you right in the chest, maybe you have a reason to celebrate? 

6 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Nothing wrong with the defense the past two weeks.  Tucker kicked 3 50+yard field goals, the Bengals kicker can't make an extra point.  just think if this offense was any good and could fucking score some points.  how many extra points would he have missed.  then again, when he does get an opportunity, it's more ran than seeing Jesus Christ himself.  this team fucking sucks, but it starts with this shit offense.

Exactly!!!! Been saying this all year.   Our D is actually holding up decent however it doesn't mean squat when the offense is putting up 12  to 17 points a game.

The entire offense is garbage. From the playbook to the formation designs to the offensive line blocking schemes to the QB under center.

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Exactly!!!! Been saying this all year.   Our D is actually holding up decent however it doesn't mean squat when the offense is putting up 12  to 17 points a game.

The entire offense is garbage. From the playbook to the formation designs to the offensive line blocking schemes to the QB under center.

So is Zampese the problem in addition to Alexander? I'm willing to cut Zampese a tiny bit of slack as it is his first year, but Mr Alexander you're just a relic from the 90's Bengals who needs to go now sorry! Anyone who loves Cedric Ogbeshit coming out of the draft, come on man! He should've have listened to Mayock's comments saying that "he has a back problem so he's a little bit under powered" - even I picked up in this and was a little bit concerned, and I'm just an armchair fan with a tv remote wtf. He is under powered like a pancake. Mr Alexander is not just a shit coach but a piss poor talent evaluator.

Also, I can only dream the McCarron replaces Dalton, coz after 6 years I'm getting bit tired now of his cock teasing (one great game blemished by a costly interception or fumble). We need a real leader here who doesn't crack in critical game changing moments. Three national college championships anyone!

Just one more point, why didn't James Urban get the OC job over Zampese? His resume makes him more qualified and he was almost the Eagles OC under Andy Reid before coming to Cincy. I think he's done as good a job with limited receiving talent plus AJ Green than Zampese has done with Dalton over the same period, and has been criminally overlooked by this organisation. 

22 minutes ago, EnglishBengal said:

So is Zampese the problem in addition to Alexander? I'm willing to cut Zampese a tiny bit of slack as it is his first year, but Mr Alexander you're just a relic from the 90's Bengals who needs to go now sorry! Anyone who loves Cedric Ogbeshit coming out of the draft, come on man! He should've have listened to Mayock's comments saying that "he has a back problem so he's a little bit under powered" - even I picked up in this and was a little bit concerned, and I'm just an armchair fan with a tv remote wtf. He is under powered like a pancake. Mr Alexander is not just a shit coach but a piss poor talent evaluator.

Also, I can only dream the McCarron replaces Dalton, coz after 6 years I'm getting bit tired now of his cock teasing (one great game blemished by a costly interception or fumble). We need a real leader here who doesn't crack in critical game changing moments. Three national college championships anyone!

Just one more point, why didn't James Urban get the OC job over Zampese? His resume makes him more qualified and he was almost the Eagles OC under Andy Reid before coming to Cincy. I think he's done as good a job with limited receiving talent plus AJ Green than Zampese has done with Dalton over the same period, and has been criminally overlooked by this organisation. 

Because this organization is run like a government agency.  Performance is overlooked in favor of time in position.  A head coach who is incapable of simply winning 1 playoff game is kept around because he shows up to work and hasn't molested any children.

21 hours ago, EnglishBengal said:

Brother you and me are on the exact same page.

Zampese is a massive part of the problem. His playbook is a joke. He's got guys pulling that absolutely should not be pulling. You do not motion the big ugly s period! Whitworth and them boys must feel like fools out there lining up wide to motion in only to barely get the play off before the play clock runs out.

Good coaches conform to their players. They design plays around each position players strengths and weaknesses. I don't see any of this happening this year.

On 11/27/2016 at 8:21 PM, Madieu Superstar said:

Do you not realize that even in a team game, guys match up against one another? You still have to play the jagass in front of you?

Sure, we should get rid of him and stick with Dennard who gave up 6 completions on 6 attempts for 4 first downs and a TD. Because Dre thumps his chest after making a tackle. That's what's really wrong with this team. Hell, that's like... Half the defense gone if we're getting rid of guys who celebrate tackles in a losing effort. 

And frankly, if the defensive game plan was to have a 185lb. corner stop an RB who has 50lbs on him before he gains a yard, you're pissed off at the wrong guy. If it wasn't, you're pissed off at the wrong guy.

"How dare Russel Westbrook thump his chest after blocking a Dwight Howard dunk in a losing effort! He didn't block the other two dunks! Get rid of him!"

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Do you not realize that even in a team game, guys match up against one another? You still have to play the jagass in front of you?

Sure, we should get rid of him and stick with Dennard who gave up 6 completions on 6 attempts for 4 first downs and a TD. Because Dre thumps his chest after making a tackle. That's what's really wrong with this team. Hell, that's like... Half the defense gone if we're getting rid of guys who celebrate tackles in a losing effort. 

And frankly, if the defensive game plan was to have a 185lb. corner stop an RB who has 50lbs on him before he gains a yard, you're pissed off at the wrong guy. If it wasn't, you're pissed off at the wrong guy.

"How dare Russel Westbrook thump his chest after blocking a Dwight Howard dunk in a losing effort! He didn't block the other two dunks! Get rid of him!"

I understand that the most important thing in professional sports is winning. So I would say that celebrating during and after losing a game that is essentially going to eliminate you from the playoffs makes you look like a jackass. 

And yes, if Russell Westbrook's team is about to be eliminated from the playoffs and he's celebrating on the court and in the locker room afterwards, I would say that makes him a fucking jackass. 

I would also venture to say that his teammates who care about winning above all else (probably not many on this team) feel the same way about him. 

Tackling is all about technic , willingness and commitment. This clown is more worried about his fake dred locks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived