Time to adopt a team.

With the Bengals sinking into low single digit draft position it is time to resurrect a tradition from the days of old just so I have some reason to watch the rest of the season. 

My team is the Raiders.  They have sucked so long that I feel a kindred spirit for them.  They have an owner who inherited the team and really screwed it up for years (ring a bell?)  Besides, cool unis and they are the polar opposites to the Patriots.

I don't like the NFL enough to pick another team. I hardly even have it on much anymore. Utterly predictable and flat out farcical. Had on the Pats/Jets game right at the end. Like the last drive wasn't completely expected...including the 500 non-holding no calls en route? 

But I suppose, to play along, I do find Miami and Tampa mildly interesting. 

1 hour ago, whodey365 said:

Patriots. If I'm adopting a team I'm taking the one who routinely wins. This whole Bengal fandom of mine is completely my dad's fault and he doesn't even watch football anymore. Unfortunately I'm doing the same to my kids.

Picking the Patriots is making a deal with the devil.  It will cost you your soul.

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Kentucky Basketball  we top 10 every year.   :2rave:

Last week Bengals bungled while my other team won twice by 30+ each game.......Nothing like being a fan of perfection. Being a UK fan must be what it feels like to be a Pats or Yankees fan.

Should've known.

I'll be rooting for the team that plays the stealers each week. It's that simple.

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I don't like the NFL enough to pick another team. I hardly even have it on much anymore. Utterly predictable and flat out farcical. Had on the Pats/Jets game right at the end. Like the last drive wasn't completely expected...including the 500 non-holding no calls en route? 

But I suppose, to play along, I do find Miami and Tampa mildly interesting. 

I'm about done myself. The NFL is getting so sketchy. The blatant missed calls by refs, followed by ticky tack phantom calls. Across the league, not just Bengals related. The moment when they picked up the PI flag yesterday and had no explanation why went a long way toward my complacency toward the league.

Forgot about the PI non-call. That one personifies the state of this league. It is sort of a "1984" world...what is proclaimed, is the reality of the moment. Even if plain eyesight and plain truth are there, the exact opposite is stated and presented. 

Enough of this. If I watch any of it, that is for pure entertainment and comedic value only. 

The FCS, Division II, and Division III Playoffs have begun. This is the real stuff...no lights/glitz or created drama. 

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Seriously. About as predictable as the WWE. I may turn on a game on Sunday, or I may not. I think a lot of people are catching on.

Count me among those who wouldn't lose any sleep if the NFL shut its doors permanently tomorrow, and this is coming from a 40-year fan.  The only reason I've held on these past few seasons was because the Bengals were good, and I didn't want to walk away right before they actually accomplished something worthy of history.  Now that that possibility no longer exists, I'm done.  (When Marvin Lewis, Mike Nugent, Jeremy Hill, Vontaze Burfict, and Adam Jones are no longer a part of it, I "may" renew my interest, but I'm starting to doubt that.)

I still come here a couple times a week, hoping to find a shared experience with fellow shellshocked fans.  But I'm no longer on speaking terms with the franchise or the league it plays in. So, I won't really have a rooting interest, other than to hope Pittsburgh and New England (in that order) are eliminated sooner than later.

Another one here, I have watched maybe 3 games in the background that arent Bengals related. I used to watch every game on TV, now I just cant get into it anymore. 

The only reason I've held on these past few seasons was because the Bengals were good, and I didn't want to walk away right before they actually accomplished something worthy of history.  

This is totally true for me too. I have refused to spend any money on the NFL either the last couple years, but I couldnt have given up after almost 30 years just as it looked like the bengals were going to win

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, because traditionally I haven't liked either team, but after the Bengals I'm rooting for Oakland in the AFC (not sure why at all) and Dallas in the NFC (Zeeeeeeke!!!)

Your "ugh"s were sorely missed in yesterday's game debacle thread.

I guess I'll go with the Lions. I've always considered them to be the NFC counterpart to the Bengals (years of incompetence, in a division where two other teams have superbowl wins, etc). I also like Marvin Jones. Always felt kinda bad for that franchise.

Archived