You're saying there's a chance!?

With all this negativity, I have to bring some POSITIVE thoughts. Through the 90's and into the Kitna years, I always thought there was a chance we would make the Playoffs! I never gave up until mathematically eliminated. We're fans, let's try to have fun with 5 games to go.. Crazier things have happened and while things haven't looked great, we aren't THAT bad. HEAR ME OUT..

With 5 games left, THREE are at HOME, one is at the 0-11 Browns and one at the 6-5 MEDIOCRE Texans. Say we win out.. RELAX and just listen.. Beat Philly at home (who sucks on the road and haven't done much with a rookie QB ), @ Clev, vs Pitt, @ Hou riding a 3 game winning streak and regained confidence, then finish with a home game vs Balt. Crazy but very, very POSSIBLE. Perhaps we even get AJ Green back for the Stealers game to help down the stretch. Finish 8-7-1 in this crap year of the division.

****All we need is for Baltimore to lose ONE of two games vs Miami or vs Philly. (We can assume @NE is a loss). Pittsburgh can and will LOSE only TWO of the three vs 8-3 NYG, @ Buffalo and/or vs Baltimore.****

All I'm saying is, we may as well fight 'till the end. You just never know. Then with a 5 game winning streak and no pressure going into a home game vs KC or Miami??? Attitudes will be completely different and the first 11 games will be forgotten. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Frankly, 7-8-1 could even potentially win this division. We've all seen 7-9 get through before. Let's all stop stressing what we need to do in the offseason for now, and enjoy what's left of the season. Positive vibes!! WHO DEY!?

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

With all this negativity, I have to bring some POSITIVE thoughts. Through the 90's and into the Kitna years, I always thought there was a chance we would make the Playoffs! I never gave up until mathematically eliminated. We're fans, let's try to have fun with 5 games to go.. Crazier things have happened and while things haven't looked great, we aren't THAT bad. HEAR ME OUT..
With 5 games left, THREE are at HOME, one is at the 0-11 Browns and one at the 6-5 MEDIOCRE Texans. Say we win out.. RELAX and just listen.. Beat Philly at home (who sucks on the road and haven't done much with a rookie QB ), @ Clev, vs Pitt, @ Hou riding a 3 game winning streak and regained confidence, then finish with a home game vs Balt. Crazy but very, very POSSIBLE. Perhaps we even get AJ Green back for the Stealers game to help down the stretch. Finish 8-7-1 in this crap year of the division.
****All we need is for Baltimore to lose ONE of two games vs Miami or vs Philly. (We can assume @NE is a loss). Pittsburgh can and will LOSE only TWO of the three vs 8-3 NYG, @ Buffalo and/or vs Baltimore.****
All I'm saying is, we may as well fight 'till the end. You just never know. Then with a 5 game winning streak and no pressure going into a home game vs KC or Miami??? Attitudes will be completely different and the first 11 games will be forgotten. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.
Frankly, 7-8-1 could even potentially win this division. We've all seen 7-9 get through before. Let's all stop stressing what we need to do in the offseason for now, and enjoy what's left of the season. Positive vibes!! WHO DEY!?
Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

I approve of this message

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I want this team to lose out so they will hopefully make some wholesale changes that improve our chances of long term success. I've given up hope in Marvin Lewis ever winning a playoff game so going 7-8-1 and missing the playoffs or making it lose in the first round again does this franchise no good. The Bengals are currently like that drug addicted relative that you love but you now needs to hit rock bottom so they can get their shit together, winning out only gives us fans a false sense of hope and gives the front office validation in Marvin Lewis. 

If this franchise is ever going to move forward and get over the hope they need to change the culture of the organization, which currently accepts and rewards mediocrity, and the current coaching staff is more interested in enabling that behavior than changing it. 

35 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I want this team to lose out so they will hopefully make some wholesale changes that improve our chances of long term success. I've given up hope in Marvin Lewis ever winning a playoff game so going 7-8-1 and missing the playoffs or making it lose in the first round again does this franchise no good. The Bengals are currently like that drug addicted relative that you love but you now needs to hit rock bottom so they can get their shit together, winning out only gives us fans a false sense of hope and gives the front office validation in Marvin Lewis. 

If this franchise is ever going to move forward and get over the hope they need to change the culture of the organization, which currently accepts and rewards mediocrity, and the current coaching staff is more interested in enabling that behavior than changing it. 

Take this rubbish thinking to the "My hopes for the rest of the season" thread. 

:lol: 

Burkhead looked like he wanted to win last Sunday, beyond him that'd be a short list but I'm interested in seeing who else steps up.  Draft position is overrated anyhow, or maybe we don't know WTF to do with it?  I don't care if we're only playing spoiler, I'm not cheering for them to lose.  Let's worry about all this offseason shit in the offseason. If that comes a week later than the other 20 teams I'll take that & we can start calling for people's heads the following Monday.  I'll be lining up for my torch & pitchfork with the rest of you, trust.

Meanwhile, they're going to play the rest of the schedule no matter how we feel about it.  Losing sucks.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Burkhead looked like he wanted to win last Sunday, beyond him that'd be a short list but I'm interested in seeing who else steps up.  Draft position is overrated anyhow, or maybe we don't know WTF to do with it?  I don't care if we're only playing spoiler, I'm not cheering for them to lose.  Let's worry about all this offseason shit in the offseason. If that comes a week later than the other 20 teams I'll take that & we can start calling for people's heads the following Monday.  I'll be lining up for my torch & pitchfork with the rest of you, trust.

Meanwhile, they're going to play the rest of the schedule no matter how we feel about it.  Losing sucks.

Plus the other side of the coin (hoping they lose out) will just incite the same hopers to piously jeer them for "quitting". 

Losing does indeed suck...as it really brings out the Internet experts with their always foolproof ways to correct.

19 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

LOL, We have played the 2 best teams in the NFL on their Turf, I know this team would love another crack at them.

I think we can beat the Patriots if we play our best game, I also think this team is capable of beating the Cowboys if they play their best.

We can win in the playoffs, we have a battle hardened extremely experienced team that is capable of winning if they play smart no mistake football, unfortunately we have made a lot of glaring mistakes the last 4 weeks and it has cost us 4 games.  Root for your team until the bitter end, fuck the draft.

7 hours ago, turningpoint said:

LOL, We have played the 2 best teams in the NFL on their Turf, I know this team would love another crack at them.

I think we can beat the Patriots if we play our best game, I also think this team is capable of beating the Cowboys if they play their best.

We can win in the playoffs, we have a battle hardened extremely experienced team that is capable of winning if they play smart no mistake football, unfortunately we have made a lot of glaring mistakes the last 4 weeks and it has cost us 4 games.  Root for your team until the bitter end, fuck the draft.

Lolz..puff, puff, pass man don't hog the good shit. You must be smoking the stickiest of the icky to come up with that dream scenario.

In reality this team struggles to score more than 13 points and hasn't won a game since Hillary Clinton was a shoe in for the presidency. 

Marvin is 0-7 in the playoffs, not sure why you are so confident in this team that is lead by guys like Pacman Jones.

18 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Lolz..puff, puff, pass man don't hog the good shit. You must be smoking the stickiest of the icky to come up with that dream scenario.

In reality this team struggles to score more than 13 points and hasn't won a game since Hillary Clinton was a shoe in for the presidency. 

Marvin is 0-7 in the playoffs, not sure why you are so confident in this team that is lead by guys like Pacman Jones.

Well I hope this team can prove you wrong, we'll find out Sunday.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:33 PM, PatternMaster said:

The only way that will really happen if if either Mike Brown dies, or someone else buys the Bengals and then move them to San Antonio...

Archived