Bengals-Stealers flexed OUT of SNF Week 15

The NFL has flexed Tampa-Dallas into the Sunday Night slot in week 15.  The Bengals-Stealers 8:30pm game at PBS on 12/18 will now be at 1pm.

I like it.  A guaranteed blow-out or embarrassing self-destructive loss in prime time on national TV has been averted.... now we can get blown-out or self-destruct at 1pm on CBS instead.  And I don't have to take any time off from work on Monday.

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Good news. I was not looking forward to freezing my patoot off at 8:30 in PBS.

Now... nobody tell the Sploogie fans and let them show up at 8:30 and sit in an empty stadium waving their Terrible Tampons at an empty field.  They'll never know the difference.

Especially sitting in comparable weather to the playoff game just to have the refs pull the rug out under the bengals again.

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

Especially sitting in comparable weather to the playoff game just to have the refs pull the rug out under the bengals again.

The fumble call was questionable but Vontaze and Pacman did us no favors at the end of the game. Yes, Porter should have been penalized as well but our key players lost their composure at the end of that game and cost us a victory. This franchise and fan base has to realize that and take responsibility for their actions, blaming the refs for that playoff loss isn't going to help get that elusive playoff victory. 

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The TD catch that was no TD catch was the difference maker. Plus the Shazier assassination of Gio was 1a. 

Bullshit on blaming fans or the Bengals for that disgrace. That is a sanctimonious cop out, and sounds like something bullshit media apologists would say.

That is what I was inferring about Burdock in another thread.  He's a thugg life psycho criminal because he plays for the Bengals while cheap shot Squeelie scumbag, Brassier, is above reproach because he is a Speeler and one of Gooddell's favorites.

Burdock for Pro Bowl, Adam Jones for Hall of Fame.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

The fumble call was questionable but Vontaze and Pacman did us no favors at the end of the game. Yes, Porter should have been penalized as well but our key players lost their composure at the end of that game and cost us a victory. This franchise and fan base has to realize that and take responsibility for their actions, blaming the refs for that playoff loss isn't going to help get that elusive playoff victory. 

Glad you said that, I thought the fumble was sketchy, too.  Kind of like how could he be officially down because he was on a stack of bodies.

And the key players losing their cool I blame on lack of control and respect for the coach.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Dude the NFL came out after the game and said that Bryant's TD catch should've been ruled incomplete.  Never mind ignoring the blatant cheapshot on Gio or all the other horseshit that they chose not to see. That's a TD that was wrong. That's a Bengals win.

Quit trying to find reasons why the team deserves to be shit on.  This line of "the Bengals deserve an unfair disadvantage because they can't win games where they are at an unfair disadvantage" doesn't add up to anything more than self-loathing.  Even people who DGAF about either team came out about the officiating, it's like you wouldn't know a bad call if it crawled up your pants leg and bit you on the nugget pouch.  If you feel like the team deserves to lose for some fucked-up "original sin"-like reason then why on Earth are you wasting your time on them?  So weird.

Terminal Bengals fandom.  A SB victory is the only known cure and even then I'm not so sure.  Hard to make it to a SB when your own fans think you don't deserve a fair shot at one.  

15 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Actually, nothing I or any other fan posts is going to help get the playoff win. That wasn't my intention.

But I disagree. The refs 100% affected the outcome of that game. No matter what happened the rest of the game, the refs gave the stealers 30 yards with seconds left to give them the game on two highly debatable calls. You said that Porter should've been penalized, but wasn't, but it's the Bengals fault. Funny, that sounds like it  would be the refs' fault. And there was a similar hit near the end of the game on Sunday to the Brown hit. No flag.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Dude the NFL came out after the game and said that Bryant's TD catch should've been ruled incomplete.  Never mind ignoring the blatant cheapshot on Gio or all the other horseshit that they chose not to see. That's a TD that was wrong. That's a Bengals win.

Quit trying to find reasons why the team deserves to be shit on.  This line of "the Bengals deserve an unfair disadvantage because they can't win games where they are at an unfair disadvantage" doesn't add up to anything more than self-loathing.  Even people who DGAF about either team came out about the officiating, it's like you wouldn't know a bad call if it crawled up your pants leg and bit you on the nugget pouch.  If you feel like the team deserves to lose for some fucked-up "original sin"-like reason then why on Earth are you wasting your time on them?  So weird.

Terminal Bengals fandom.  A SB victory is the only known cure and even then I'm not so sure.  Hard to make it to a SB when your own fans think you don't deserve a fair shot at one.  

Damn it being limited to only plus 1. That was a masterpiece. You're right, there were multiple officiating mistakes, but they keep saying that it came down to Bengals poor discipline. After every Bengals loss this year, at least a couple of analysts have blamed discipline and referenced the playoff loss. It's just pure Bengal hating. It was Heath Evans a couple of times including when showing highlights of the fracas at the end of the pats game. Even though the pats got multiple unsportsman penalties. And nobody mentions discipline when Antonio Brown gets a 15 yard penalty in every game that he has a TD. Discipline is not required for favored teams. I guess because they're so classy.

7 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Actually, nothing I or any other fan posts is going to help get the playoff win. That wasn't my intention.

But I disagree. The refs 100% affected the outcome of that game. No matter what happened the rest of the game, the refs gave the stealers 30 yards with seconds left to give them the game on two highly debatable calls. You said that Porter should've been penalized, but wasn't, but it's the Bengals fault. Funny, that sounds like it  would be the refs' fault. And there was a similar hit near the end of the game on Sunday to the Brown hit. No flag.

So Vontaze and Pacman did nothing to warrant those penalties? Did Vontaze hit Brown late and in the head? Yes! Did Pacman run onto the field to confront Porter and in the process make contact with an official? Yes! 

I understand the NFL is a business that would rather have one of it's most popular brands promoted and succeed over a smaller market brand but to act like Vontaze and Pacman did nothing to help the Bengals lose that playoff game is a sign of delusion. People who are not as close to the situation as the average Bengal fan can objectively look at that situation and see that the Bengals had that game won until the last minute and a half of the game, then they self destructed due to a lack of discipline. 

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I never said they don't deserve a fair shot, but we all know you don't get what you deserve in life most of the time. The NFL is rigged for the large market teams with big fan bases over the small market teams with an owner that normally goes against the wishes of the other owners on most business decisions. 

I'm not a Terminal Bengal fan nor do not know a bad call when I see one, however I understand the reality of the situation and realize that in order for this franchise to break through the glass ceiling that has placed above us by the NFL they must be twice as good as their competition and play by a different set of rules. They can't expect to get the same calls as the Stealers or Pats because they aren't those franchises.

The Stealers used to be a doormat of a franchise in the 50's and 60's until they decided to use steroids and gain an competitive advantage in the 70's and the Patriots were busted for cheating a decade or so ago during the height of their "dynasty". My point is in order to separate yourself from the competition you have be willing to do things that they are not, now I'm not advocating the Bengals start using PED's or video tapping their opponents, but they have to be willing to play the game differently than their competition if they are going to best them. That means they must play mistake free football and not believe they are going to receive the benefit of the doubt in any situation, because they normally will not. It is what it is bro, the Bengals must realize the cards are not in their favor and adjust accordingly, they are not on a even playing field with the first tier franchises of the NFL and in order for them to beat when it matters the most they can't beat themselves or give the refs any opportunity to deny them victory. 

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Realistically, I'm not sure it matters if they're 2 or 3 or 10 times as good if the other team gets to cheat.  How do you outplay the other side being handed scores?

In that game they out played the Stealers except for the last minute and a half of the game. It's possible but not easy, it requires talent, great coaching, and disciplined players won't beat themselves.

I feel like that first game without Burfict in Pittsburgh killed us and our chances to bury that horseshit playoff loss. Not challenging the TD by Uzomah and all the holding no-calls were garbage. Then in the end, we're driving for a TD and 2 pt to tie and the dirtbag fumble call. The NFL screwed us by scheduling that game during the Burfict suspension, by suspending Burfict in the first place, and by allowing those no good cocksuckers to get away with blatant holds the entire game. We could beat these ass clowns by 50 and I still wouldn't feel any better. 

4 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

I feel like that first game without Burfict in Pittsburgh killed us and our chances to bury that horseshit playoff loss. Not challenging the TD by Uzomah and all the holding no-calls were garbage. Then in the end, we're driving for a TD and 2 pt to tie and the dirtbag fumble call. The NFL screwed us by scheduling that game during the Burfict suspension, by suspending Burfict in the first place, and by allowing those no good cocksuckers to get away with blatant holds the entire game. We could beat these ass clowns by 50 and I still wouldn't feel any better. 

Wasn't only that game, we played the first 6/10 on the road counting London & had TNF thrown in there, too.  NFL tweaks the schedule all the time.  They've released them late trying to juggle possible court dates or suspensions for star players.  Better to not have a salary cap and at least make the big-money franchises buy championships openly.  Sucker's don't bet millions on those sports, though.

HAHA JK GUYS NOT REALLY

:17:

JUST LISTEN TO GOODELL:

"We remain very much opposed to gambling on sports. .... we want to make sure we're doing what's right for the game."

:good3:

SO CASE CLOSED OBVIOUSLY

Fat_Tony_Thumbs_Up.jpg 

11 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Definitely agree with everything, especially the non-holds. Including that he should've challenged the Uzomah play. But seeing how the Boyd fumble, which couldn't be any clearer that he was down, wasn't overturned, it was probably futile to challenge it. The infuriating thing is that there was commentary on how the booth is leery to over-rule the refs. Just get the fucking call right. I thought that was the fucking concept of booth review, not to worry about making the refs look bad.

And it's funny how bad the stealers OL looked against the Eagles a couple of weeks later when the refs weren't letting them hold.

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Realistically, I'm not sure it matters if they're 2 or 3 or 10 times as good if the other team gets to cheat.  How do you outplay the other side being handed scores?

My point exactly. I haven't yet figured out exactly which two Favored Franchises will be the league's choice in appearing in the NFL's Big Money Haul Bowl, but if I had to guess now, it would be Some Team From North Texas and #teamslikethe..."

Detroit and the Rats will get to play our usual role of the Milwaukee Bucks...unless by some miracle we get to play our own role.

On 12/5/2016 at 4:33 PM, PatternMaster said:

So, you're asking for accountability?  Why there will be no such thing sir.

Archived