The Official Die Stealers Die Week Thread

I really hope I'm wrong, but unless Cleveland beats Pittsburgh in week 17 there's no chance of catching "playoff fever".

PIT beat Buffalo to go 8-5.  Their worst possible record is 8-8, including losses to us, Baltimore and Cleveland.
We are 5-7-1.  Our best possible record is 8-7-1.

For the record, BAL is 7-5 right at this moment.  They have to beat PIT to keep them within our reach, so that's 8 wins.  That means they have to lose all of the other games on their schedule... Patriots, Eagles and us.

And there's little chance of an 8-7-1 wildcard berth, what with two 10-3 teams in the West plus 8-5 Denver.  So it's the division or nothing.

We make the post-season if:

* We run the table (Pittsburgh, at Houston, Baltimore)
* PIT drops all 3 (at Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland)
* BAL goes 1-3 (L at New England, L vs Philadelphia, W at Pittsburgh, L at Cincinnati)

Anything else, we stay home.

3 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I really hope I'm wrong, but unless Cleveland beats Pittsburgh in week 17 there's no chance of catching "playoff fever".

PIT beat Buffalo to go 8-5.  Their worst possible record is 8-8, including losses to us, Baltimore and Cleveland.

For the record, BAL is 7-5 right at this moment.  They have to beat PIT to keep them within our reach, so that's 8 wins.  That means they have to lose all of the other games on their schedule... Patriots, Eagles and us.

And there's little chance of an 8-7-1 wildcard berth, what with two 10-3 teams in the West plus 8-5 Denver.  So it's the division or nothing.

* BAL goes 1-3 (L at New England, L vs Philadelphia, W at Pittsburgh, L at Cincinnati)

You had to go and spoil it

Oh well beating Pitt and Balt will still be fun

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

yea.. no chance of playoffs...and it only ruins our draft spot..

You guys act like a top 10 draft pick is a golden ticket.  What about the last few year's top draft picks and the Bengals record with them in particular makes you think it's that big of a deal?  Most of the better players on the team were 2nd round or later guys.  That's true across the league. The heart of our defense went undrafted because Mel Kiper or some other expert that strangely enough doesn't work for an NFL team went chortlemumblegrumble on ESPN & rated him 1 out of 5 underinflated footballs. We don't need a QB; relax.

meh

I don't think in any way that it is a golden ticket...

I was just saying that the only thing the winning is accomplishing is making the pick worse.. because we aren't making the playoffs..

I still want us to win every game... I fucking hate losing 

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

So you're telling me there's a chance! Obviously this season's gone, but playing spoiler to the Stealers would be delicious. I'm a long time Bengal fan, so obviously I despise them. That being said, they own us on broken plays and flat out schoolyard football.  You know, we've got them in a 3rd and long at a critical juncture. We bring the heat. Ben is seemingly in trouble, and like clockwork, finds Brown or Heyward Bey or somebody for a game changing completion. Whenever our initial routes are disrupted, like clockwork, Andy's running at a 45 degree angle away from the line of scrimmage toward the sideline to avoid a sack and throw it away. I'm not claiming to have answers or trying to assign blame, but I've watched this matchup for years, and I'm sick of this crap.

14 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I can see everything happening except the turds beating the stealers at the cow pasture. And probably the eagles winning on the road. I don't think they've won a road game yet and they're not even that good at home any more.

For the wild card, Denver and Miami would have to lose out for starters. Denver could. They have pats, chefs and raiders. Dolphins have pats and bills, but they also get to play the jets. It's possible, but then there's other teams that have to lose a game or two also. So yes, it will take a miracle to make the playoffs. They could keep their winning season streak alive. I really don't think draft slot makes a huge difference for the range that they could be in. 8-15?

44 minutes ago, Hooky said:

For the wild card, Denver and Miami would have to lose out for starters. Denver could. They have pats, chefs and raiders. Dolphins have pats and bills, but they also get to play the jets. It's possible, but then there's other teams that have to lose a game or two also. So yes, it will take a miracle to make the playoffs. They could keep their winning season streak alive. I really don't think draft slot makes a huge difference for the range that they could be in. 8-15?

Denver could lose out to those teams, and Miami could lose out because Tannehill is likely done for the season. Both Denver and Miami could finish 8-8, so if the Bengals finish 8-7-1.

The problem is Buffalo. They are 6-7 right now, but have three very winnable games left: Cleveland, Miami, NY Jets. We need them to beat Miami. So can they lose to the Browns or Jets? Maybe the Jets in New York...

Hopefully Tennessee will win the AFC South and both Indy and Houston will finish the season at 8-8 or 7-9. A lot needs to happen, including the Bengals winning out which would be a 5-game win streak to close out the season. Fat lady isn't singing yet, but she's doing her warmups.

6 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

2017 schedule will be:

AFC South (at TEN/JAX, home vs IND/HOU)
NFC North (at GBP/MIN, home vs CHI/DET)
at AFC-W-3 (currently DEN)
home vs AFC-E-3 (currently BUF)

HOME: BAL CLE PIT IND HOU DET CHI *BUF
AWAY: BAL CLE PIT TEN JAX GBP MIN *DEN

Green Bay, the Minnesota Zimmers and Denver in the winter could be interesting.  So glad I will be catching those from my easy chair in front of the fire place.

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

2017 schedule will be:

AFC South (at TEN/JAX, home vs IND/HOU)
NFC North (at GBP/MIN, home vs CHI/DET)
at AFC-W-3 (currently DEN)
home vs AFC-E-3 (currently BUF)

HOME: BAL CLE PIT IND HOU DET CHI *BUF
AWAY: BAL CLE PIT TEN JAX GBP MIN *DEN

Amish always has the best content/posts

When you all come to GB I will host a tailgate.

If you haven't been to Lambeau, go. You will not regret it

Archived