I think I'm about to vomit....

It's easy to root for the Gaytriots and Brady when they play our divisional opponents. Brady and company rape the AFCN on the regular, nice to see it happen to the other guy sometimes, our super faint whiff of playoff hopes notwithstanding. Steelers need to lose out the rest of the way and they play the Browns still. Our playoff dreams are a whisper in the wind, a brief smell of a fart and a relative impossibility...unless Burfict breaks Bell's leg again. A fella can dream.

18 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

It's easy to root for the Gaytriots and Brady when they play our divisional opponents. Brady and company rape the AFCN on the regular, nice to see it happen to the other guy sometimes, our super faint whiff of playoff hopes notwithstanding. Stealers need to lose out the rest of the way and they play the Browns still. Our playoff dreams are a whisper in the wind, a brief smell of a fart and a relative impossibility...unless Burfict breaks Bell's leg again. A fella can dream.

I literally was thinking the same thing, winning out means nothing but a worse draft pick. 

Especially if winning out doesn't get us into the playoffs, which at this stage is HIGHLY unlikely. Almost impossible, because the Steelers play the Browns. And we haven't beaten those guys yet either. The first Steelers game looms kinda large in that regard. I think our season trajectory would have been different had we won that game. The fumble that wasn't...ugh!

I'm actually rooting for the Rats at this point.  The Bengals ain't making the playoffs, and that is settled.  I hate the Pittsburgh Stealers with my every fiber, and the only team that can keep them out of the playoffs is the Ravens.  I don't like the Ravens, but my disdain for Pittsburgh trumps all else.  I wish they had beaten the Cheaters tonight.

5 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I'm actually rooting for the Rats at this point.  The Bengals ain't making the playoffs, and that is settled.  I hate the Pittsburgh Stealers with my every fiber, and the only team that can keep them out of the playoffs is the Ravens.  I don't like the Ravens, but my disdain for Pittsburgh trumps all else.  I wish they had beaten the Cheaters tonight.

They still control their own destiny. If they win out, they are in. But we will probably have to root for them to beat us to keep the stealers out.

5 hours ago, TheBeaverHunter said:

Sucks they are going to win enough to justify keeping Marv and not making changes.

It doesn't matter what their record will be. MB had a chance to let him walk after the season that we won 4 games and ran the quitter off. One could argue that he has had a lot of regular season success since then, but that's not good enough for most teams. Or MB might finally fire Marvin and hire Jeff Fisher.

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

So you want them to quit then? What would you say if they did?

They prove nothing by going undefeated after they are eliminated from playoff contention, more wins only means a worse draft selection at this point of the season. 

I would love a coaching change and top 10 draft pick for starters, but if they win out I won't get either. We will be picking in the 20's with Marvin back at the helm in 2017, that has been the same situation for the last five years and it has not yielded the desires results.

12 hours ago, Hooky said:

They still control their own destiny. If they win out, they are in. But we will probably have to root for them to beat us to keep the stealers out.

Oh, I'll have no problem rooting for them.  I'm pissed at the Bengals anyway.  I can take a meaningless Bengals loss WAY before I can take Pittsburgh enjoying success in any form.

As for Jeff Fisher, I assume that was a joke.  That guy doesn't deserve another head coaching job.  He's had 6 winning seasons in 21 full, 2 in the past 12, and 0 in the past 7.  He's won 2 playoff games in the last 16 seasons.  That's two more than Marvin, but still...

Someone will give him another shot, though.

8 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They prove nothing by going undefeated after they are eliminated from playoff contention, more wins only means a worse draft selection at this point of the season. 

I would love a coaching change and top 10 draft pick for starters, but if they win out I won't get either. We will be picking in the 20's with Marvin back at the helm in 2017, that has been the same situation for the last five years and it has not yielded the desires results.

You avoided the question. This response is not relevant.

Interesting too, is that few recall when the hopes of even having a winning season were cheered when they achieved 8-8. 

Win out, and they achieve 6 straight winning seasons. And some cheer against them now, just for fucking draft picks, and some pathological hatred for a coach?

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Clearly top 10 picks are the road to a championship.  Must be why those same teams keep showing up in the top 10 every draft.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.  You can overcome draft position with  activity in FA or on draft day by making a deal.  Developing your own players is important and regardless of your first round draft position, those players need to be very good long term starters sooner rather than later.

Our problem has not been draft position rather our picks have only become very average players at best over the last 5 years and the player they replaced were better players.

25 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Our problem has not been draft position rather our picks have only become very average players at best over the last 5 years and the player they replaced were better players.

Pretty much says it all.  Mid rounds = mediocre.  Sound familiar, Bengal fans?

Throw in the player development part.  Guys like Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Ogbuehi and Fisher and even Bodine should be much further along than they are.  I don't think Zeitler is exactly setting the world on fire.  Frustrating to say the least.  Keep thinking of the shampoo cycle: lather, rinse, repeat.  When does it stop?

On 12/13/2016 at 7:38 AM, Le Tigre said:

So you want them to quit then? What would you say if they did?

This season is technically over with hope of making the playoffs. When the Bengals lost 5 games in a row they essentially quit. 

I think the team needs a new coaching staff and winning meaningless games won't help that happen. 

Lastly picking 8th vs. 19th makes a big difference, especially you have a talented team.

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This season is technically over with hope of making the playoffs. When the Bengals lost 5 games in a row they essentially quit. 

I think the team needs a new coaching staff and winning meaningless games won't help that happen. 

Lastly picking 8th vs. 19th makes a big difference, especially you have a talented team.

Actually, "technically" it's not over yet.  Lose on Sunday and it is though.

I want to vomit in my mouth a little bit because of all the fair weather, pom pom waiving alleged fans and long time posters on the board who have bailed and don't even bother to check in or if they do, post.  Everyone here is great, one and all and I like those who show up just on game day although I would like to see them during the week, too.  But the loud mouths who always shouted that any criticism of the Bengals made one Hitler's meaner brother, the Modstopo posters who were kind of loosey goosey with bans, even temporary, etc.  Where the fuck are they now that its proven their god, Marvin, is shown to be a true poser and the team is back to sister kissing* mediocrity.

Just a rant but... it would be nice if they came back.

OK... focus.gif 

* I am aware that "sister kissing" is a very common form of pre sexual foreplay in Pittsburgh but am using the term in a wider, more figurative way here.  

yo.gif HSH

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.  You can overcome draft position with  activity in FA or on draft day by making a deal.  Developing your own players is important and regardless of your first round draft position, those players need to be very good long term starters sooner rather than later.

Our problem has not been draft position rather our picks have only become very average players at best over the last 5 years

That has to be coaching, right?  

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Actually, "technically" it's not over yet.  Lose on Sunday and it is though.

Regardless of what the Bengals do they will not make the playoffs this season. 

The Bengals need too much to happen to make the playoffs, that is what happens when you wait until week 12 to bench a first round bust and week 15 to cut the worst kicker in the league.

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

Regardless of what the Bengals do they will not make the playoffs this season. 

The Bengals need too much to happen to make the playoffs, that is what happens when you wait until week 12 to bench a first round bust and week 15 to cut the worst kicker in the league.

Clearly the solution is to throw games and draft a few spots higher

:ninja:

You speak the truth though, other than the "bust" stuff.  We've given Margus how many seasons to learn to play football? I think we can allow Ced another offseason at least.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Clearly the solution is to throw games and draft a few spots higher

:ninja:

You speak the truth though, other than the "bust" stuff.  We've given Margus how many seasons to learn to play football? I think we can allow Ced another offseason at least.

37 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Clearly.

Clearly the best solution is...

Win out.

Fire Marvin

Trade up

Draft Peppers

Archived