Who gets benched, with an eye toward 2017

7 hours ago, mmaattw said:

Dalton lives in Houston. The texans need a quarterback. The clock is ticking on McCarron so this is a trade that should be made. Use the savings to sign their free agents and maybe some others.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Although he grew up in Katy, TX-just outside of Houston, he actually lives in Cincinnati. He also has a home in Fort Worth, which is no where near Houston. 

43 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

This team doesnt want competition.  They will trot out the usually band of misfits and will do nothing beyond the status quo over the last the two games.  They will continue to roll into next year with that same mentality.  Sad really.

I agree, despite what Marvin said in his latest presser.  Basically he implied that there needs to be significant changes in mentality, and that personnel changes are coming (he did emphatically state that some people 'in the building' can "do better" but he also said they will "get others and bring them on board").

If history is any guide, that means bring in some washed-up guys, perhaps with name recognition, and guys that were cut by their team during this season.  After that it's draft picks or bust.

In regard to the question raised by the OP, I agree completely with BFITO's list but I'll add that I think we have to try to replace Bodine and Williams with a solid vet free agents and the rest we can try to squeeze out of the draft.

8 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

This team doesnt want competition.  They will trot out the usually band of misfits and will do nothing beyond the status quo over the last the two games.  They will continue to roll into next year with that same mentality.  Sad really.

Gee, I wonder what's at the heart of this mentality issue you speak of...???

10 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I agree, despite what Marvin said in his latest presser.  Basically he implied that there needs to be significant changes in mentality, and that personnel changes are coming (he did emphatically state that some people 'in the building' can "do better" but he also said they will "get others and bring them on board").

If history is any guide, that means bring in some washed-up guys, perhaps with name recognition, and guys that were cut by their team during this season.  After that it's draft picks or bust.

In regard to the question raised by the OP, I agree completely with BFITO's list but I'll add that I think we have to try to replace Bodine and Williams with a solid vet free agents and the rest we can try to squeeze out of the draft.

The saddest part of that press conference was Marvin speaking like he's planning on being back next year. I know he would never be fired but I always hope he gets tired and resigns. I just cannot believe he still wants to be the coach. It's borderline delusional for him to actually believe he can win a Super Bowl. Does he not save his money? Why does he still want this?

Archived