Bengals at Texans Gameday Thread

Just now, High School Harry said:

With 22 seconds, why didn't they try one deep shot or something to get a little bit closer than a 43 yard field goal attempt?  An incompletion and they could have tried it again.

Mark ball.

I thought there was only 6 seconds left?  I didn't have my glasses on but surely I can't confuse 22 for 6 can I?  

I'll just blame it on the alcohol!

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

With 22 seconds, why didn't they try one deep shot or something to get a little bit closer than a 43 yard field goal attempt?  An incompletion and they could have tried it again.

Mark ball.

He'd have missed it ten yards closer too.  The announcer had it down.  He got over anxious and stutter-stepped then still rushed it.  it was going wide right from about anywhere.

So.....  if Baltimore loses to Pittsburgh tomorrow, the Stealers win the division and the Ravens are eliminated.

But if Baltimore wins tomorrow, a win over us next week gives THEM the division and eliminates Pittsburgh.  Our season is already in the shitter - but if the Ravens come into PBS still alive, we get to choose whose season to ruin.

I vote...  let's lose. :)

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Marv ball.

Come on man. You've watched the bengals enough to know they are clueless in crunch time. Marvin didn't want to use that last time out in case he needs it after the game.

35 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

So.....  if Baltimore loses to Pittsburgh tomorrow, the Stealers win the division and the Ravens are eliminated.

But if Baltimore wins tomorrow, a win over us next week gives THEM the division and eliminates Pittsburgh.  Our season is already in the shitter - but if the Ravens come into PBS still alive, we get to choose whose season to ruin.

I vote...  let's lose. :)

I hope we lay down like a drunken sorority girl during rush week.  Ankles back behind our ears, taking 14" of Raven cock.

Actually to be honest, a Happy New Year for me right now would be a Ratbird win over the Steroids tomorrow, a loss to the Poe Bastards next week leaving Pissburgh at home with us for the play-offs and then a Charger win over the Chiefs giving us the 7th pick in the draft.

49 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

Lots of bonus JJ Watt shots at the end. Wonder if they'll interview him after the game.

I only got to see the 4th quarter (seems that was where all the "action" was anyway?) and man alive I swear it was at least 60% JJ Watt shots.  Was it like that the *whole* game?  I honestly said out loud "jeezus, I don't give a fuck about JJ Watt.  Do Texans fans want to see what JJ Watt's reaction is to every play?  Why is this necessary?"

Incidentally, does anyone else notice that Watt seems, I dunno... slimmer?  Like, less WWE-looking, more "normal" looking?  Could it be this "injury" season was really a season to let him get off the juice before the league had to admit the guy has been juicing all this time?  I've always thought he looks inhumanly "fat-muscular" for a guy so athletic, like WWE wrestlers, and now he definitely does not look as much that way.  Not to mention how went from a "good" player in college to the most dominant defensive player most of us have seen in decades within two seasons in the NFL?  Kind of like how Antwan Odom went from "decent" early in his career to destroying everyone when he played for us?  Remember Odom?  Suspended for PEDs?  Eh, it's the NFL, I don't put anything past them - JJ is their poster boy, they'd do anything to polish his image.

20 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Incidentally, does anyone else notice that Watt seems, I dunno... slimmer?  Like, less WWE-looking, more "normal" looking?  Could it be this "injury" season was really a season to let him get off the juice before the league had to admit the guy has been juicing all this time?  I've always thought he looks inhumanly "fat-muscular" for a guy so athletic, like WWE wrestlers, and now he definitely does not look as much that way.  Not to mention how went from a "good" player in college to the most dominant defensive player most of us have seen in decades within two seasons in the NFL?  Kind of like how Antwan Odom went from "decent" early in his career to destroying everyone when he played for us?  Remember Odom?  Suspended for PEDs?  Eh, it's the NFL, I don't put anything past them - JJ is their poster boy, they'd do anything to polish his image.

No way of knowing for sure, but he does seem to have grown a neck again.   Wouldn't surprise me, but then again I believe in those CRA-A-AZY conspiracy theories, like that the Boston Tea Party wasn't really Indians or that there are Russian troops in Ukraine. 

Archived