UPDATE: Marvin Lewis Should Have Been Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And you can't simply use 5 years since Marvin has been here longer. Since Marvin has been the coach, Pittsburgh has won 4 AFC Championship and 3 Superbowls.

Oakland and Dallas have sucked and if the narrative is that we have been better than them,..so what.

Finally, this team does not have the players to make any type of deep run.  The oline is  not very good, our pass rush is weak and our secondary is a old train wreck waiting to happen.  We lost a lot of games this year because we are not good

I know you always love to express undying praise for the Stealers, but since franchises generally turn over every 3-5 years, that was the reason for the time frame. And if your heroes happen to make a run in this year's tournament, it hasn't one iota of relevance to what they did in 2005. 

This was not a good season. I do not know what next season will bring, and neither do you. 

On 12/30/2016 at 8:24 PM, SocalBengalEd said:

Come on guys.  We are so close.  Let's give Marvin one more year I can feel it.  This is our year.  Nevermind what has happened the last 14 years.  This year will be different!

That's the part I just have to shake my head and laugh at. The "high turnover" of coaches argument that Kenny threw out was hilarious seeing as it's been 14 years.

21 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Yes, you and the entire fan base wanted to fire Marvin the last time we picked in the top 10, then we drafted AJ and Dalton. I think this ship turns around and in a Dn good way. We're going to draft a complete stud on defense and improve this o line. This team will win big next season. I'm confident. 

I think the ship turns around next year because the schedule is weak not because well be so much better. 

1 hour ago, JC said:

Nothing to do with Marvin, but Vance Joseph to Denver is already picking up some steam. I imagine he may be one of the top candidates if Marvin is forced to step down.

Vance Joseph will be a head coach somewhere this year.

Don't know about Denver though because Wade Phillips is there running their defense.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Wade Phillips took over as head coach

1 hour ago, SmoothD said:

Vance Joseph will be a head coach somewhere this year.

Don't know about Denver though because Wade Phillips is there running their defense.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Wade Phillips took over as head coach

He was mentioned as a  likely candidate for the Denver job by the talking heads on CBS this morning fwiw (not much, I know).

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I know you always love to express undying praise for the Stealers, but since franchises generally turn over every 3-5 years, that was the reason for the time frame. And if your heroes happen to make a run in this year's tournament, it hasn't one iota of relevance to what they did in 2005. 

This was not a good season. I do not know what next season will bring, and neither do you. 

This team and the talent it had totally UNDERACHIEVED the last 5 years. At one point many felt we had one of the most talented teams in the league. 

We were never in 4 of the 5 playoff games we played and the lack of discipline snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last year.  Marvin is Matthew Stafford.

I have the puzzled solved. Perhaps.

Marvin only needs two more seasons and 9 more regular season victories to surpass the immortal Jim "Playoffs?" Mora for career ineptitude.

16 seasons and 126 regular season wins and 0 Playoff victories will do the trick

Canton awaits. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Hint of Snow said:

Marvin only needs two more seasons and 9 more regular season victories to surpass the immortal Jim "Playoffs?" Mora for career ineptitude.

16 seasons and 126 regular season wins and 0 Playoff victories will do the trick

Dude, Jim Mora was 7-1 in the playoffs in the USFL winning 2 of 3 Championships!!!

1 hour ago, Hint of Snow said:

IMO Marv really has to thank Dalton for much of that.  I've always seen Andy as a guy who can competent enough most years to get enough wins for the playoffs (i his defense is good enough), but not a QB who's gonna give you much (if anything) else.

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

Yeah let's fire Marvin, he clearly has lost control of the team. No effort today from these guys and AJ Green looks pissed. I'm sure he's just so angry he can't toss his pads onto the stands. If he was a team player he'd be at home on the couch!

Meaningless win. Meaningless game.

0-14. Fail

8 minutes ago, JC said:

Expect the press clipping tomorrow morning stating Marvin will be back citing the way the team played hard towards the end of the season.

I personally think they should give him a lifetime contract, just because so many of your heads would explode!?

12 minutes ago, JC said:

Expect the press clipping tomorrow morning stating Marvin will be back citing the way the team played hard towards the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, coaching changes will be made.  I'm not expecting much.

Archived