27 minutes ago, Gremzz said:

Guess we're drafting another 1st round CB!

Things have a way of working themselves out.  This probably ensures Dre Kirkpatrick staying in Cincinnati.  With William Jackson III coming off his "redshirt" year, and Josh Shaw and Darqueze Dennard already in the mix, the Bengals are set at corner.  When Adam Jones is released, it kind of clears out the logjam a little.  

To open 2017, I'll think the Bengals will run Kirkpatrick and Dennard outside, with Shaw operating in the slot.  I hope WJIII can take Dennard's spot (because I think that's the weakest link in that group), but we'll have to wait to see it play out.  

I'd be astounded if the Bengals spend an early pick on another corner.

2 hours ago

As expected say they are aware of the charges against Adam Jones, working to gather more info and have no comment at this time.

2 hours ago

Adam Jones' "vehemently denies" accusations, attorney says. Prosecutor: Incident at Millennium Hotel involved "banging on doors"

2 hours ago

Judge sets $37,500 in bonds for Adam Jones. Felony charges involve spitting on jail nurse and deputy, documents say

Kevin Grasha ‏@kgrasha  7m7 minutes ago
Breaking: Adam Jones will spend night in jail, official says. Judge has ordered DNA sample. Nurse not available until Wednesday a.m.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

We are gonna Ray Rice him.  Feign indignation knowing his better days are behind him.

But will Goodell rearrange the early schedule to ease the transition like he did for Baltimore?

JK he would never do a thing like that & never saw the elevator footage because it was lost under the stacks of integrity. 

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

But what if he is innocent of the charges, seems like everyone here as convicted him before he has had his day in court. 

1, they don't charge you with a felony for spitting on a jail nurse without solid evidence &

2, When you continually do stupid shit because you can't control your temper people stop giving you the benefit of the doubt

Just now, T-Dub said:

1, they don't charge you with a felony for spitting on a jail nurse without solid evidence &

2, When you continually do stupid shit because you can't control your temper people stop giving you the benefit of the doubt

Ok, just asking. Interesting that there is no presumption of innocence or due process for Adam Jones. Maybe he did the things he has charged with doing, maybe he didn't. I wasn't there so I don't know, but it just seems interesting to me that everyone has pretty much convicted him and cut him from the team before he has his day in court. 

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Well, tbh they could have charged him with spitting on the nurse simply because he was speaking and it caused a little bit of spittle to land on her, like can happen to anyone anytime.

With that said we all know Adam can't control his temper, and most likely his mouth got him in trouble this time.  I could see the assault on the first person being total BS, but he probably argued with the cops and he doesn't have the luxury of doing that.  After that the slightest provocation = charges.

I do hope Adam gets things straight with his life and I appreciate what he did on the football field but I have to agree that it's time to cut ties, even if he is completely innocent.  The Cincinnati Bengals are not the team to be on if you want the benefit of the doubt, go play for the Pats or Stealers if you want cops to ignore your crimes and/or your past.

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i always forget how racist everyone is until pacman or burfict do something stupid... 

luckily cincinnati and nky police dont have a vast history of harassing and murdering black people for no reason... 

oh wait.

What does that have to do with spitting on a jail nurse?

speaking of racist, does your assessment of Rex Burkhead as " slow and average" have anything to do with his skin color?

if you want to get stupid with this stuff, the possibilities are endless. 

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i always forget how racist everyone is until pacman or burfict do something stupid... 

luckily cincinnati and nky police dont have a vast history of harassing and murdering black people for no reason... 

oh wait.

It's not racist to hold someone accountable for their actions. Especially when they have a history of doing the same dumb shit. He's been given every chance.

The 2nd part of your nonsense has absolutely nothing to do with the incident.

8 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

oh wait.

This guy has a prolonged history of being incapable of controlling his temper, with no respect for authority. 

We can argue/discuss whether or not the individuals placed in that authoritative position deserve respect until we are blue in the face, but our society currently relies on them to keep the peace.  He will have his day in court to prove his innocence.

He seemed to have become a woefully average NFL cornerback in the last 12 months, rendering his leash shorter than years past.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

But what if he is innocent of the charges, seems like everyone here as convicted him before he has had his day in court. 

Probably because of his history, however, the one thing that will benefit him is that there should be camera footage everywhere. If he's telling the truth like he was the last time, we should know rather quickly.

9 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Probably because of his history, however, the one thing that will benefit him is that there should be camera footage everywhere. If he's telling the truth like he was the last time, we should know rather quickly.

He claims to have a witness and as you mentioned the last time he was arrested he was cleared. I say let the process play out and then it will much easier to make a judgement, not quite sure everyone is so quick condemn him for something they didn't see him do. 

He absolutely has a history of making bad decisions on and off the field. Hell, I was shocked the Bengals re-signed him after the playoff debacle from last year and made him a team captain\leader...I wouldn't have done either of those things. However, I still believes he deserves the right of being innocent until proven guilty, isn't that what makes America great?

22 minutes ago, mgbrown66 said:

He seemed to have become a woefully average NFL cornerback in the last 12 months, rendering his leash shorter than years past.

"Woefully average" is an apt description.  A couple years ago, this would have been a big deal.  At this point, though, he's easily replaceable.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

oh wait.

Can we still give negative reps.    This asinine comment deserves one.  

Archived