Bengals working on a trade for McCarron?

16 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

While I don't think a player for pick trade is something we rush into. It might make sense for a player for player trade. Of the teams that might trade for McCarron here is what I came up with. It's not very pretty. 

Jets: Sheldon Richardson and Devin Smith

49ers: Torrey Smith 

Browns: No

Bills:Cyrus Kuandjio

Redskins:Trent Murphy

Texans:Jaelen STrong

Bears:Lamarr Houston or Pernell McPhee (Could be cap casualties)

The only trade I would consider equal value would be Sheldon Richardson and Devin Smith, we would get a good interior rusher to go with Geno and a speedy WR to compliment the other WR's on the roster. 

While I don't think a player for pick trade is something we rush into. It might make sense for a player for player trade. Of the teams that might trade for McCarron here is what I came up with. It's not very pretty. 
Jets: Sheldon Richardson and Devin Smith
49ers: Torrey Smith 
Browns: No
Bills:Cyrus Kuandjio
Redskins:Trent Murphy
Texans:Jaelen STrong
Bears:Lamarr Houston or Pernell McPhee (Could be cap casualties)

Sheldon Richardson might be the best player on the Jets roster. McCarron straight up is not going to get him, let alone him and another player - even if Devin Smith is looking like a bust.

I'd take Richardson for McCarron and a 3rd today, though. Even though Richardson is in the last year of his rookie deal, the Bengals don't have a deluge of free agents on the horizon, so they'd have the ability to keep him. If not, he'll sign a big enough contract that they'd get at least a 4th (and, more likely, a 3rd) as a comp pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

26 minutes ago, Big Alice said:

Sheldon Richardson might be the best player on the Jets roster. McCarron straight up is not going to get him, let alone him and another player - even if Devin Smith is looking like a bust.

I'd take Richardson for McCarron and a 3rd today, though. Even though Richardson is in the last year of his rookie deal, the Bengals don't have a deluge of free agents on the horizon, so they'd have the ability to keep him. If not, he'll sign a big enough contract that they'd get at least a 4th (and, more likely, a 3rd) as a comp pick.

He's also a headcase that has been suspended multiple times, including getting arrested for going 143 mph with a 12 year old in the car and failing a drug test. He's talented but risky to sign to a long term deal that he's going to want after the 2017 season. 

We should be able to trade McCarron for Richardson, the QB position is a premium and they already his replacement on the roster in Leonard Williams. 

He's also a headcase that has been suspended multiple times, including getting arrested for going 143 mph with a 12 year old in the car and failing a drug test. He's talented but risky to sign to a long term deal that he's going to want after the 2017 season. 
We should be able to trade McCarron for Richardson, the QB position is a premium and they already his replacement on the roster in Leonard Williams. 

I'd love for you to be right.

Archived