Wild Card Thread

Just now, Madieu Superstar said:

Williams should be playing LB, not safety. Picking a real safety, gives you help at 2 positions. 

I don't know about LB but maybe a "hybrid" role like Deone Bucannon with the Cardinals.  Even still, it's going

to cost the Bengals over a million in dead money if they were to cut him right now or even after 2017.  I don't 

see it happening barring career ending injury.  

16 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

I can agree with the BPA thing BUT................  George Illoka just signed a 5 year $30 million contract and Shawn Williams

a 4 year $20.185 million contract.  

Oakland got Reggie Nelson for $8.5 mil over 2 years. WTF.

2 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

You think the Bengals are going to pay a "Nickel LB'er" $5 million a year?  Yeah he might fit there but

that's kind of a high salary for a part time player.  

Considering they play nickel about 60% of the time...

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Considering they play nickel about 60% of the time...

Yeah but Vinny Rey usually comes in there right?  On average Williams makes $1.5 million more in salary.  

What do you do with Rey then?  He's signed through 2019.  No dead money if they were to cut him even

right now though.  Tough call when you're talking about a position switch for a player.  

Just to be clear, I don't think they draft Hooker even if he is there, but they could make it work, and Hooker could make their secondary one of the best in the NFL again.  Especially if WJ3 is as good as I think he can be.

A year ago tonight, (I know it was actually the 9th), but a year ago tonight, on a cold rainy evening we watched the unthinkable happen & unravel and I dank myself into a stupor that I'm not sure I've recovered from. It's 30 degrees colder than it was that night and they say it's darkest just before dawn.

I am balls deep into a bottle of rum right now.  

7 hours ago, saphead said:

A year ago tonight, (I know it was actually the 9th), but a year ago tonight, on a cold rainy evening we watched the unthinkable happen & unravel and I dank myself into a stupor that I'm not sure I've recovered from. It's 30 degrees colder than it was that night and they say it's darkest just before dawn.

I am balls deep into a bottle of rum right now.  

Last year I had a legit reason to drink copious amount of alcohol and my bottle of Jameson reflected that. This year I did not, until the lightbulb went off that a year ago on that Saturday night I went through probably the wildest roller coaster of emotions that I'll ever (hopefully) endure. Got pretty drunk myself. Good times. 

*Cues inner-pacman* Fuck Jerry Porter!!! And fuck him today especially.

10 hours ago, saphead said:

Detroit is getting fucking hosed by the refs in this game.

I stopped watching after that ridiculous roughing the passer call in the mid 4th qtr. Even in a game that I have no horse in the race, these refs are still infuriating. Fucking tired of them taking over a game.

22 minutes ago, Hooky said:

How many times have Bengals fans seen this kind of shit?

Jim Caldwell says ref admitted to missed offensive PI call; Brad Allen 'not aware' http://es.pn/2jghXZk
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Protecting that $hield

1 hour ago, JC said:

*Cues inner-pacman* Fuck Jerry Porter!!! And fuck him today especially.

Joey Porter remains, in the immortal words of Bobbie Williams, a "dick-sucking motherfucker".  After this incident how is he still in the NFL?  He mobbed up and mugged another player ON CAMERA.  While Levi was on crutches!  Ankle-biting little bitch. I hope his AIDS get cancer.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Not to mention, their division.

Oh no, don't give me that.  TeamslikethePatriots have a "dynasty" despite playing in a shit division where they can coast to homefield advantage almost every year AND they've been caught cheating in the postseason twice, which tells you they're cheating all the time. Yet nobody questions their legitimacy. 

Let's take them off that pedestal and then we can talk about everyone else's strength of schedule.

Archived