Porter detained

kennethmw

He has VERY, VERY strong inbred features. Years and years of inbreeding.

Interesting comments from Chris Kluwe on Deadspin about this piece of human shit. 

Chris KluweTimothy Burke

Fuck Joey Porter. He’s an asshole and I hope he gets his balls gnawed off by weasels.

My rookie year, we were playing the Stealers week 15 or 16, and I’m trying to warm up for the game (context: I have a torn ACL in my kicking leg, so it was kind of a shitty time), when this fuckwit comes up, an hour and a half before the game, and tries to tell me that I can’t use the Stealers’ half of the field to warm up (meanwhile, their punter is on our side of the field, warming up with no problems, because we weren’t dickheads). I told him to fuck off, and then he starts acting like he’s stretching and tries to bump into me while I’m going through my motion. Darren Bennett comes tearing in off the bench (we had him on the roster in case I couldn’t punt), and almost throws down on Porter right there (my money would’ve been on Bennett). The refs come over, tell me I have to go back over to my side, and after some arguing where I tell them I’m well within my rights to be on the Stealers’ 40 yard line (since the rules dictate a 10 yard buffer zone at midfield that the kickers/punters can use), I tell them fine, I’ll go over to my side and just kick balls at the Stealers linebackers until I’m warm, which I proceeded to do.

Sadly, Porter did not trip over one of the balls raining down on his warmup spot and tear his own ACL, but it wasn’t for lack of trying on my part.

14 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

You know he'll be on the sidelines still this weekend. "Laughing all the way to KC" instead of Denver this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point.  I was wondering if a coach could be suspended by the NFL?  Well, a coach that wasn't a coach for Pittsburgh.  Joey showed he's above the rules in the altercation at the Bengals playoff game when only Bengals got penalized.  Still pisses me off.  All of us, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, saphead said:

He has VERY, VERY strong inbred features. Years and years of inbreeding.

Interesting comments from Chris Kluwe on Deadspin about this piece of human shit. 

Chris KluweTimothy Burke

Fuck Joey Porter. He’s an asshole and I hope he gets his balls gnawed off by weasels.

My rookie year, we were playing the Stealers week 15 or 16, and I’m trying to warm up for the game (context: I have a torn ACL in my kicking leg, so it was kind of a shitty time), when this fuckwit comes up, an hour and a half before the game, and tries to tell me that I can’t use the Stealers’ half of the field to warm up (meanwhile, their punter is on our side of the field, warming up with no problems, because we weren’t dickheads). I told him to fuck off, and then he starts acting like he’s stretching and tries to bump into me while I’m going through my motion. Darren Bennett comes tearing in off the bench (we had him on the roster in case I couldn’t punt), and almost throws down on Porter right there (my money would’ve been on Bennett). The refs come over, tell me I have to go back over to my side, and after some arguing where I tell them I’m well within my rights to be on the Stealers’ 40 yard line (since the rules dictate a 10 yard buffer zone at midfield that the kickers/punters can use), I tell them fine, I’ll go over to my side and just kick balls at the Stealers linebackers until I’m warm, which I proceeded to do.

Sadly, Porter did not trip over one of the balls raining down on his warmup spot and tear his own ACL, but it wasn’t for lack of trying on my part.

Note the refs come flying in to the defense of Porter.  SO much integrity!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2017/01/09/joey-porter-arrest-released-jail-bond/96344574/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter released from jail on bond

Pittsburgh Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter was released from jail Monday after posting bond for his arrest on multiple charges that stemmed from an alleged altercation with a doorman at a bar, according to court records.

Porter was arrested hours after the Steelers trounced the Miami Dolphins, 30-12, in a wild-card game on Sunday. Porter faces a felony aggravated assault charge along with counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and trespassing, according to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania online court records. Porter was also cited for public drunkenness.

Porter, 39, was arraigned early Monday morning and his bail was set at $25,000.

An off-duty officer, who was serving as a security guard at a South Side restaurant, witnessed Porter assault the employee of a nearby bar at around 9:30 pm on Sunday.

"Once he arrived on the scene, the officer stopped the assault and arrested (Porter)" Pittsburgh police said in a statement late Sunday night.

Porter was transported to the Allegheny County Jail. His next court appearance, a preliminary hearing, is set for Jan. 19.

The Steelers released the following statement late Sunday night:

“We are aware of an incident tonight involving Joey Porter. We are still gathering information as it pertains to the situation, and we will have no further comments until we get more details.”

Already drunk and surly by 9:30pm, the game was wasn't over til like 4:30 and I'm sure the coaches stayed around atleast for an hour or so after the end of the game...damn Joey. Well could've not have happened to nicer guy, the energy you give out will come back to you. 

I wonder if the Stealers will discipline him, since they are a classy organization that does everything the right way. 

Archived