Porter detained

kennethmw

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18460255/all-2-minor-charges-tossed-steelers-assistant

Assault charges against Joey Porter to be dropped, prosecutor says

PITTSBURGH -- A Pennsylvania district attorney said he'll drop all but two minor charges against Pittsburgh Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter after reviewing video of his altercation with a bar bouncer and a police officer.

District Attorney Stephen Zappala Jr. said the video evidence supports only summary citations for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Charges of aggravated assault involving the officer and a simple assault charge for Porter's conflict with the bouncer are among the charges being dropped.

Pittsburgh outside linebackers coach Joey Porter was arrested and jailed hours after the Steelers' playoff win against Miami on Sunday. Mark Alberti/ Icon Sportswire
Porter was arrested and jailed hours after the Steelers' wild-card playoff win against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

Porter's attorney said the DA's decision shows that Porter isn't the "exceedingly drunk, violent" and "disrespectful" person he was made out to be.

City police didn't immediately comment on the decision.

I just read that headline about charges reduced - and like two stories down I saw this:

Prosecutor wants to know NFL penalties on Jones

An Ohio prosecutor deciding how to proceed after Bengals player Adam Jones' latest arrest says he wants to know first what punishment Jones will face from the NFL.

All I can say is...

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

13 minutes ago, Cat said:

Prosecutor wants to know NFL penalties on Jones

An Ohio prosecutor deciding how to proceed after Bengals player Adam Jones' latest arrest says he wants to know first what punishment Jones will face from the NFL.

Inside sources say Adam Jones will be put on probation banning him from working part time for AMWAY, handing out copies of "the Watchtower", trick-or-treating and other activities that involve knocking on doors.

Archived