Alt Right and other bigoted and racist shit

oldschooler

42 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

How to identify anti-racist protesters? Good lord, they're looking the wrong direction.

Why are they so dumb?

Im not sure I believe they are this dumb, I believe they are intentional, they know what they are doing and it isnt on the up and up.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

:blink:

Bullshit hysteria;

Here is what was said;

Blumenthal asked whether she believed that the Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka, Kan., against racially segregated schools, was correctly decided. She answered: "My personal political or religious views, I would set aside. That is Supreme Court precedent. It is binding. If I were honored to be confirmed, I would be bound by it and, of course I would uphold it."

Talk about spin doctoring something to fit your rhetoric...

But by all means, keep on carrying on...

12 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Bullshit hysteria;

Here is what was said;

Blumenthal asked whether she believed that the Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka, Kan., against racially segregated schools, was correctly decided. She answered: "My personal political or religious views, I would set aside. That is Supreme Court precedent. It is binding. If I were honored to be confirmed, I would be bound by it and, of course I would uphold it."

Talk about spin doctoring something to fit your rhetoric...

But by all means, keep on carrying on...

A simple yes I think it was correctly decided would have been the easiest thing to say.

I wouldn't have had to say,  "My personal political or religious views, I would set aside."

You really don't see a problem with that?

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

A simple yes I think it was correctly decided would have been the easiest thing to say.

I wouldn't have had to say,  "My personal political or religious views, I would set aside."

You really don't see a problem with that?

What I see with that is a politically connected person answering something as politically correct as they felt it was safe to do.

I don't see Supreme Court Justices, judges, or lawyers as being held to any higher standard than anyone else.

Now... if that had been you or me, I would've expected a yes or no...because we aren't seeking public office. It disgusts me the way all politicians and power seekers answer simple questions, which is why I don't have a problem with how she answered it. Quite simply, I don't expect as much from them as I would from you.

Sad to see that she's even a judge at all... how people can refer to ANY judge as "Your Honor" after seeing shit like this is beyond me. As if they have a magical switch that we do not possess that allows them to not let their personal feelings affect their judgement.

Yeah... right.

Like I get that she's pro-life and if she doesn't want to answer a question about case law but say that she will uphold the law as it is, that I can at least understand

But Brown vs the Board of Education should be a slam dunk answer for anyone who isn't racist, and she couldn't say "Yes it was decided correctly"??

That was a softball question that she should have knocked out of the park.

Archived