Alt Right and other bigoted and racist shit

oldschooler

Just now, SF2 said:

I think White Nationalists are idiots, ignorant and disgusting people.   I just don't think they have much power and zero support in the Federal and most (not all) State Governments.  Certainly, if you accidentally find yourself among a group of them you might have a problem, I just don't see them as a major issue in this country.   The overwhelming majority of people look down on these idiots.  The response in Dayton to the 9 idiots that showed up is pretty much how their movement has been heading. 

Ok let me be more specific, the FBI has said that the threat of White Nationalism is significant.

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Ok let me be more specific, the FBI has said that the threat of White Nationalism is significant.

He said it is a persistent and pervasive threat as are other domestic threats.   That answer, in response to a question from Rep. Jose Serrano, matches the assessment of experts both within the Department of Justice and elsewhere. So does Director Wray’s argument that domestic terrorism is largely “less structured, less organized,” with “more uncoordinated, one-off individuals as opposed to some structured hierarchy,” which Wray said “presents its own share of challenges.”

Basically, the threat from them is one-off lone wolf type attacks.  They Orlando night-club shooter was a one off ISIS supporter, he killed 49.   The dude in Vegas, I don't even think they ever figured him out, was a one-off killer who killed 58. Micah Xavier Johnson ambushed and fired upon a group of police officers in Dallas, Texas, killing five officers and injuring nine others. He was fed up with cops killing blacks.  Another one-off.  Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were anti-govt anarchists mad about Waco.  There were just 2 of them.  They killed 168.  The guy in Charlottesville jumped into his car by himself and killed 1.  That wasn't planned or coordinated.

The problem is there isn't some organized leader of the White Nationalist group coordinating anything which is no different than some of these one off ISIS guys like Major Hasan at Ft Hood or the night club killer.  Way more people have been killed by ISIS supporters than White Nationalists the last 10 years in this country but its the same problem:  They have all been lone wolf or 2 loners.   Its almost impossible to stop this.

At the end of the day, you can add up all of these horrible incidents over the last 10 years and it won't equal 1 week's worth of illegal drug related deaths which is over 1000 per week. That does not include gang related murders, just fentnyl, heroin and cocaine related deaths. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Without social media or the internet, these groups probably would barely exist anymore.

I don't recall Nathan Bedford Forrest having a Twitter account but hey whatever you need to tell yourself.  Soon as you used the term "alt-left" it was clear you were just here to prevaricate & offer more alt-reich apologia.  

45 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't recall Nathan Bedford Forrest having a Twitter account but hey whatever you need to tell yourself.  Soon as you used the term "alt-left" it was clear you were just here to prevaricate & offer more alt-reich apologia.  

No, I am here to voice me educated opinion. I don’t think there is vast NFL conspiracy to screw the Bengals either like you seem to think.   You are really on fringes of reality.  By the way:

Alt-Left:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-left_politics

58 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, I am here to voice me educated opinion. I don’t think there is vast NFL conspiracy to screw the Bengals either like you seem to think.   You are really on fringes of reality.  

Lacking any meaningful contribution or so much as a wooden leg to stand on in this discussion, you want to turn the subject to Bengals football?  Cool with me, man.

Still getting a chuckle out of "alt-left" tho..   MUH BOTH SIIIIIDES  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

At the end of the day, you can add up all of these horrible incidents over the last 10 years and it won't equal 1 week's worth of illegal drug related deaths which is over 1000 per week. That does not include gang related murders, just fentnyl, heroin and cocaine related deaths. 

Yeah, but..  so fucking what?  Does an oil spill not matter because Hiroshima?  Does Darfur not matter because the Holocaust?  What is this weird zero-sum accounting meant to prove here, other than "violent racist mobs aren't that bad really if you're white"?  Trying to decide if it's deliberate obfuscation on your part or just plain dumb.  Please advise.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Lacking any meaningful contribution or so much as a wooden leg to stand on in this discussion, you want to turn the subject to Bengals football?  Cool with me, man.

Still getting a chuckle out of "alt-left" tho..   MUH BOTH SIIIIIDES  

And you only think there is one side, yours.

You are the worst our society has to offer.  You are a Facist.    

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And you only think there is one side, yours.

You are the worst our society has to offer.  You are a Facist.    

Took you long enough to get there!  "Anti-fascists are the real fascists" is definitely a favorite, comedy gold there.

Still a bit disappointed you stopped short of calling me "literally Hitler".

:lmao:

You are the worst our society has to offer.

Even worse than...   DRUG GANGS?!

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Took you long enough to get there!  "Anti-fascists are the real fascists" is definitely a favorite, comedy gold there.

Still a bit disappointed you stopped short of calling me "literally Hitler".

:lmao:

Sorry, but you only listen to one side and those you don’t agree with are the enemy. Hitler had his Jews you have the Alt-Right. 

Anyone who confronts you on on your twisted logic is mocked. I am not calling you Hitler, I am calling you a Facist. Once again your limited education fails you. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Sorry, but you only listen to one side and those you don’t agree with are the enemy. Hitler had his Jews you have the Alt-Right. 

Anyone who confronts you on on your twisted logic is mocked. I am not calling you Hitler, I am calling you a Facist. Once again your limited education fails you. 

If you're going to accuse someone of a "limited education" you might want to look up how to spell fascist first. 

You just compared the alt-right to Holocaust victims, btw. 

If you're going to accuse someone of a "limited education" you might want to look up how to spell fascist first. 

You just compared the alt-right to Holocaust victims, btw. 

No, I just compared your hatred of people you disagree with to Hitler’s hatred of Jews, Blacks, Gypsies and anyone else he DISAGREED with. 

You are sad and hate filled human being. 

Just now, SF2 said:

No, I just compared your hatred of people you disagree with to Hitler’s hatred of Jews, Blacks, Gypsies and anyone else he DISAGREED with. 

You are sad and hate filled human being. 

How can I be sad when you keep posting such hilarious bullshit?   LITERALLY HITLER!

Just now, T-Dub said:

How can I be sad when you keep posting such hilarious bullshit?   LITERALLY HITLER!

No, literally a Facist not Hitler. A person who labels people he disagrees with and tries to minimize or destroy them.

Your psychotic hatred and delusional beliefs of the NFL Commissioner should have been my first clue that you simply live on the fringes of reality. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, literally a Facist not Hitler. A person who labels people he disagrees with and tries to minimize or destroy them.

Your psychotic hatred and delusional beliefs of the NFL Commissioner should have been my first clue that you simply live on the fringes of reality. 

LMAO thank goodness you're here to defend the good name of Roger Goodell.   

You sound triggered as fuck my dude.   Real talk I don't have a problem with you I just think your views on this particular topic here are completely asinine & you don't take them being challenged very well at all.  No need to blow a gasket over it.

LMAO thank goodness you're here to defend the good name of Roger Goodell.   

You sound triggered as fuck my dude.   Real talk I don't have a problem with you I just think your views on this particular topic here are completely asinine & you don't take them being challenged very well at all.  No need to blow a gasket over it.

More deflection. I am not defending Roger Goodell, just pointing out that someone who thinks he is fixing the outcome of games is delusional. There is no reason whatsoever for him to do so. 

Sorry, you think White Nationalists are serious problem in this country.  9 fucking people showed up in Dayton. Almost $600,000 extra dollars were spent protecting the city from 9 fucking douche bags. You are a hysterical cowardly child. 

57 minutes ago, SF2 said:

More deflection. I am not defending Roger Goodell, just pointing out that someone who thinks he is fixing the outcome of games is delusional. There is no reason whatsoever for him to do so. 

Sorry, you think White Nationalists are serious problem in this country.  9 fucking people showed up in Dayton. Almost $600,000 extra dollars were spent protecting the city from 9 fucking douche bags. You are a hysterical cowardly child. 

Might wanna take a step back and think about who sounds hysterical here, or who you're calling a coward from behind your keyboard.   I offered you the peace pipe, smoke it or shove it up your ass, choice is yours but I'm done here.

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

He said it is a persistent and pervasive threat as are other domestic threats.   That answer, in response to a question from Rep. Jose Serrano, matches the assessment of experts both within the Department of Justice and elsewhere. So does Director Wray’s argument that domestic terrorism is largely “less structured, less organized,” with “more uncoordinated, one-off individuals as opposed to some structured hierarchy,” which Wray said “presents its own share of challenges.”

Basically, the threat from them is one-off lone wolf type attacks.  They Orlando night-club shooter was a one off ISIS supporter, he killed 49.   The dude in Vegas, I don't even think they ever figured him out, was a one-off killer who killed 58. Micah Xavier Johnson ambushed and fired upon a group of police officers in Dallas, Texas, killing five officers and injuring nine others. He was fed up with cops killing blacks.  Another one-off.  Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were anti-govt anarchists mad about Waco.  There were just 2 of them.  They killed 168.  The guy in Charlottesville jumped into his car by himself and killed 1.  That wasn't planned or coordinated.

The problem is there isn't some organized leader of the White Nationalist group coordinating anything which is no different than some of these one off ISIS guys like Major Hasan at Ft Hood or the night club killer.  Way more people have been killed by ISIS supporters than White Nationalists the last 10 years in this country but its the same problem:  They have all been lone wolf or 2 loners.   Its almost impossible to stop this.

Please clarify the red.

Are you suggesting that more people have been killed by ISIS within the United States proper? Or are you suggesting more Americans have been killed by ISIS globally?

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/the-facts-on-white-nationalism/

The Montgomery, Alabama-based Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks domestic extremism, last month reported a 7 percent rise in hate groups in the U.S. in 2018, with 1,020 groups identified. White nationalist groups, specifically, surged nearly 50 percent, growing from 100 chapters in 2017 to 148 in 2018.

Last year marked the fourth year in a row that the number of hate groups increased, after a short period of decline. The rise, SPLC says, was fueled by political polarization, anti-immigrant views and the ease of spreading those ideologies through the internet.

Beirich noted that Alexa web traffic analytics show the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer site now gets about 4.3 million page views a month.

“More and more people are interested in their ideas,” she said.

In an ABC News/Washington Post poll taken just after the Charlottesville rally in August 2017, 9 percent of the respondents said they thought it was strongly or somewhat acceptableto hold neoNazi or white supremacist views. As ABC News reported at the time, that’s equivalent to about 22 million Americans.

Rise in Propaganda/Rallies

The Anti-Defamation League, meanwhile, reports that white supremacy groups have stepped up their propaganda efforts.

“ADL’s Center on Extremism (COE) continues to track an ever-growing number of white supremacist propaganda efforts, including the distribution of racist, anti-Semitic and Islamophobic fliers, stickers, banners and posters,” according to a recent ADL report. “The 2018 data shows a 182% increase of incidents from the previous year, with 1,187 cases reported, compared to 421 in 2017.”

The group said that level of activity far exceeded any of its previous distribution counts.

The ADL also reported that the number of racist rallies and demonstrations rose last year. “At least 91 white supremacist rallies or other public events attended by white supremacist were held in 2018, up from 76 the previous year, with hate groups increasingly employing ‘flash mob’ tactics to avoid advance publicity and scrutiny,” the ADL reported.

“We are seeing an increase in the public expression of far right, white supremacist ideological viewpoints,” Cohen told us. “It is more open in its expression, both online and in protests like in Charlottesville.”

This is a little bit more of a problem than just "one offs"

Why aren't we using the very real examples of the Charleston church shooting or the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh or the Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin or the Jewish center in Kansas or the mosque in Quebec or the massacre in New Zealand or the kids shot in Oslo or the shooting at the Holocaust museum or the young woman murdered at the Unite the Right  rally or the van attack on the mosque in the UK or...  should I go on?

To sit here and pretend like there's not a rising wave of White Nationalist violence is absurd & I have a hard time believing anyone doing so is acting in good faith.

^ about fuckin' time.   How long have we been discussing this double standard on here...  Admitting it is a first step but digging out the roots of why this happens will be more difficult.  If we'd been willing to do that work after the OKC bombing we wouldn't be in this situation now.   A good part of the blame should go to the ATF for bungling Ruby Ridge & Waco.  On the flip side these two factors combined are how the idiots at Malheur were able to stage an armed insurrection & more or less get away with it.  Imagine if that had been an ISIS cell instead of some bubba tax resistors?

All these excuses just embolden the next fuckwit to push the violence further.   We've reached a point where they're painting white supremacist slogans on the guns themselves and still we debate their motives.  The perps themselves are screaming "I AM A WHITE SUPREMACIST" and we just plug our ears.  It's stupid and dangerous.

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think some of this has to do with the idea that White Men are scared that they are not going to be the majority in the very near future.

Full-blown panic.   The reaction to AOC, the militia gun-hoarding shit, it just shows how fucking terrified they are...  While still holding 90% of the wealth/power/police/government.

Anyway, what's wrong with being in the minority?  Is there some disadvantage to being a minority in America?  Us white dudes need to quit whining, take some personal responsibility, and pull ourselves up by the bootstraps!

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Full-blown panic.   The reaction to AOC, the militia gun-hoarding shit, it just shows how fucking terrified they are...  While still holding 90% of the wealth/power/police/government.

Anyway, what's wrong with being in the minority?  Is there some disadvantage to being a minority in America?  Us white dudes need to quit whining, take some personal responsibility, and pull ourselves up by the bootstraps!

Archived