Alt Right and other bigoted and racist shit

oldschooler

16 hours ago, oldschooler said:

As I was saying ....

Hey there's a lot of fucked up shit happening re: migrants but that photo is of some kid at a protest.  Here's the same cage & kid running around outside, presumably attending with his family.

35050666_2064282013614545_18497593883744

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Hey there's a lot of fucked up shit happening re: migrants but that photo is of some kid at a protest.  Here's the same cage & kid running around outside, presumably attending with his family.

35050666_2064282013614545_18497593883744

The pic and the protest was meant to show what our Government is doing in our name.

The fact that the pic isn't "real" doesn't take away from that fact. And those nasty, deplorable comments 

from all of the Conservatives that try and justify and even cheer on this shit.

11 hours ago, oldschooler said:

The fact that the pic isn't "real" doesn't take away from that fact.

It absolutely does when it's presented as something other than what it is or was.  For the average person, discrediting the photo will also discredit the article.  When trying to influence someone's opinion it's absolutely vital to present them with credible information.  If they think you're trying to deceive them it's only going to hurt your cause.  It adds to the "fake news" obfuscation of reality that allows authoritarian shitbags to do whatever they want.

I understand you didn't take the thing yourself but it's been making the rounds & I think it's very important to vet things like that.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It absolutely does when it's presented as something other than what it is or was.  For the average person, discrediting the photo will also discredit the article.  When trying to influence someone's opinion it's absolutely vital to present them with credible information.  If they think you're trying to deceive them it's only going to hurt your cause.  It adds to the "fake news" obfuscation of reality that allows authoritarian shitbags to do whatever they want.

I understand you didn't take the thing yourself but it's been making the rounds & I think it's very important to vet things like that.

To be honest, I never once thought that pic was really a picture of an actual immigrant child 

in a cage crying, anymore than I thought Obama was actually wearing a red hat that said

"I already Made America Great Again. It wasn't an article, it was a meme. And if the 

average person thought that was real and made comments like I posted then the

are truly pieces of shit. 

But I do get where you are coming from. There's a lot of gullible, easily influenced people out there. 

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

To be honest, I never once thought that pic was really a picture of an actual immigrant child 

in a cage crying, anymore than I thought Obama was actually wearing a red hat that said

"I already Made America Great Again. It wasn't an article, it was a meme. And if the 

average person thought that was real and made comments like I posted then the

are truly pieces of shit. 

But I do get where you are coming from. There's a lot of gullible, easily influenced people out there. 

Yeah I'm probably making too a big a deal out of it given the audience here.  

I'm basically at a point where I'm wondering how bad all this shit will become before it starts getting better.  I would not be at all surprised to see large-scale race riots this Summer.  

Thing is, the people creating this situation will be the last ones to suffer, and they will only use that suffering as an excuse to do even worse.

I don't think we're at Nazi Germany levels by any means, but it's enlightening to see firsthand how a generally decent society could eventually get there.

Archived