Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PatternMaster

Bengals re-sign Shayne Graham so he can retire a Bengal....seriously.

40 posts in this topic

Cool!  Now Bengalsis will always be Bengalsis!!  :D 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be fun when we do this with Nugent in 5 years.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the players to do this for... Graham? Guy didn't even spend half his career here, and has been off the club for 8 years.

And no offense to Graham. Just... We couldn't do this for Chad Johnson?

Bad blood aside, Chad was the face of the franchise for a decade, and is still one of the most recognizable Bengals, and we let him retire as a Montreal Alouette? 

Ummm.... Good for you Shayne?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why retire, Shayne...you must still have more than Fat Randy?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings all.  It is sad for me that Shayne is retiring.  Especially because, after he worked a new regimen the year our dad passed away, he has been stronger than anytime in the last 10 years.  He waited all season for a chance to prove it (his 54 yarder against Panthers last year for Atlanta hinted at his ability to still kick long ones), but unfortunately he was told all this season that he was too old and they wanted someone young for a long contract.  He really wanted to play and had a few years left. But with no prospects, he needed to start looking at a new plan for his future.  

I am glad he decided to retire a Bengal.  It truly was the only place he called home.  So it is fitting.  It was half of his career, and the one place he really got to make a difference in the community. 

I know there were ups and downs, but I also really enjoyed getting to know many of you and even spending hours on the streets of Cincinnati playing catch (and frogger chasing the football into the street in front of PBS) and eatin chili and jello shots at tailgates.  

I wish you all the best.  I will pop by on occasion as I have over the years.  For those that care anyway ;).      I know some of you miss fighting with me.  We can do that too if you ever need a pick me up. ;)

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's his best FG or PAT as a Bengal? Not necessarily by distance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy for Shayne and for him to retire a Bengal.  I hope he has a great life outside of football.  Also nice to see/hear from BengalSIS again.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Of all the players to do this for... Graham? Guy didn't even spend half his career here, and has been off the club for 8 years.

And no offense to Graham. Just... We couldn't do this for Chad Johnson?

Bad blood aside, Chad was the face of the franchise for a decade, and is still one of the most recognizable Bengals, and we let him retire as a Montreal Alouette? 

Ummm.... Good for you Shayne?

Agreed about Chad. Still disappointed they didn't retire him as a Bengal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BengalSIS said:

Greetings all.  It is sad for me that Shayne is retiring.  Especially because, after he worked a new regimen the year our dad passed away, he has been stronger than anytime in the last 10 years.  He waited all season for a chance to prove it (his 54 yarder against Panthers last year for Atlanta hinted at his ability to still kick long ones), but unfortunately he was told all this season that he was too old and they wanted someone young for a long contract.  He really wanted to play and had a few years left. But with no prospects, he needed to start looking at a new plan for his future.  

I am glad he decided to retire a Bengal.  It truly was the only place he called home.  So it is fitting.  It was half of his career, and the one place he really got to make a difference in the community. 

I know there were ups and downs, but I also really enjoyed getting to know many of you and even spending hours on the streets of Cincinnati playing catch (and frogger chasing the football into the street in front of PBS) and eatin chili and jello shots at tailgates.  

I wish you all the best.  I will pop by on occasion as I have over the years.  For those that care anyway ;).      I know some of you miss fighting with me.  We can do that too if you ever need a pick me up. ;)

You are always welcome here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx Jamie.   (You using a spell checker these days?  ;). )

I remember several great kicks as a Bengal.  Maybe the best game was a 7-7 against Baltimore 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BengalSIS said:

Thx Jamie.   (You using a spell checker these days?  ;). )

I remember several great kicks as a Bengal.  Maybe the best game was a 7-7 against Baltimore 

 

:glare:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Brad St. Louis to retire a Bengal. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Agreed about Chad. Still disappointed they didn't retire him as a Bengal.

I believe Chad has yet to file his retirement papers.  

Sadly, there was 0 chance of him signing a 1 day deal as a Bengal after the DV charge (Chad's stance more so than Mike/Marvin).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want Marvin Lewis to retire.  Now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Waiting for the Ifeanyi Ohalete press conference...:ninja:

They had this already. Live coverage was dropped

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

:glare:

 

Haha.  It's not fair.  That was too easy.  

Love ya though.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BengalSIS said:

Haha.  It's not fair.  That was too easy.  

Love ya though.  

 

Back at ya

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Lookie lookie what I still have:

BengalSiS_nospecs.jpg

BengalSiS.jpg

Shayne%20-%20young.jpg

Image result for creepy meter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Why retire, Shayne...you must still have more than Fat Randy?

What if they signed him, then he refused to retire?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I just want Marvin Lewis to retire.  Now.

As a Raven?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0