Players you dont want at #9

Which players will make you throw your remote at your tv

Taco Charlton - Doesnt have an good first step. He might turn into a solid run defender but I only see a ceiling of maybe 5 sacks a game. Pretty solid but not what your looking for with a top 10 pick. He is the prototypical DE the Bengals always value which scares me he might be at the top of their boards.

Leonard Fournette - Runs too upright. Ran mostly out of the eye formation which the NFL hardly runs anymore. Also very injury proned. Think hes another Jeremy Hill Trent Richardson type bust.

Reuben Foster - I would be ok with this pick but his concussion history scares me. Also weird fact that he was not once involved in a turnover at Alabama. Not one FF, FR, or INT in all 3 years at Alabama. Drafting a LB that high better be a game changer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Counting only players with a grade that would warrant a pick at 9:
Mitch Trubisky
OJ Howard
Jabrill Peppers
Mike Williams

Agreed.. no way they would pick a QB or TE..Right?

peppers would make me so mad..besides the meatchicken hate..the dude wasn't even a great defender, just a good athlete that could play a bunch of positions...

And to the OP... if taco gets 5 sacks a game..I would say that's a pretty high ceiling... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Agreed.. no way they would pick a QB or TE..Right?

peppers would make me so mad..besides the meatchicken hate..the dude wasn't even a great defender, just a good athlete that could play a bunch of positions...

And to the OP... if taco gets 5 sacks a game..I would say that's a pretty high ceiling... LOL

Lol thats a season

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Counting only players with a grade that would warrant a pick at 9:

Mitch Trubisky

OJ Howard

Jabrill Peppers

Mike Williams

I'd be disappointed if we got OJ Howard, but with him and Eifert, that would boost our running and passing games.  It would also lessen the need for another receiver beside Green and Boyd.  Then when the annual Eifert injury happens we'd still have a legit TE for a few games while he's out.

I'd be disappointed if we got OJ Howard, but with him and Eifert, that would boost our running and passing games.  It would also lessen the need for another receiver beside Green and Boyd.  Then when the annual Eifert injury happens we'd still have a legit TE for a few games while he's out.

Could get a guy like jake butt in the third who is probably the safest tight end in the draft. Jason witten 2.0. First rounder before his injury.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

Could get a guy like jake butt in the third who is probably the safest tight end in the draft. Jason witten 2.0. First rounder before his injury.

True, but I'm sure lots of teams are thinking that.  We're pretty much guaranteed to get Howard in the 1st if we wanted him (which I really don't, but I'd be ok with it after my initial bad overreaction) 

True, but I'm sure lots of teams are thinking that.  We're pretty much guaranteed to get Howard in the 1st if we wanted him (which I really don't, but I'd be ok with it after my initial bad overreaction) 

While I get that if I'm taking a tight end in the first he has to be the best tight end in the class and there's a lot of debate whether Howard or njoku is the best in the class.

2 hours ago, Jpoore said:

there's a lot of debate whether Howard or njoku is the best in the class.

no, there really isn't, Howard is easily the smoothest and most athletic receiving option in this draft....even though he's listed as a "TE" he's really just an oversized WR and he'll play all over the line for whatever team he ends up with.

actually, I predict he'll be off the clock before either one of the WR's by the time it's all said and done....he's just a bigger, better, faster option than either one of those guys.....if he had played in a wide open system with a QB like Deshaun Watson throwing him the ball it wouldn't even be debatable right now, he'd easily be one of the first players taken.....kid is a freak. 

no, there really isn't, Howard is easily the smoothest and most athletic receiving option in this draft....even though he's listed as a "TE" he's really just an oversized WR and he'll play all over the line.
actually, I predict he'll be off the clock before either one of the WR's by the time it's all said and done.

I have seen a ton of mocks in the last 3 weeks with njoku ahead of Howard with njoku going in top 15

I don't care about mock drafts, I watch these guys with my own eyes and I'm telling you beyond a shadow of a doubt, OJ Howard is EASILY one of the most athletic players in this draft.

When all the other TE's and big WR's are out there running high 4.5's and 4.6's at the combine/campus workouts, Howard will be out there running 4.4's and making it look easy.

Howard has had shit QB's throwing to him his entire college career so people don't really know how to look at him just yet, the more they dig into him though and the more they see him run and catch and they see what a great kid he is, he'll start to really shoot up boards as the drat approaches.

I don't care about mock drafts, I watch these guys with my own eyes and I'm telling you beyond a shadow of a doubt, OJ Howard is EASILY one of the most athletic players in this draft.
When all the other TE's and big WR's are out there running high 4.5's and 4.6's at the combine/campus workouts, Howard will be out there running 4.4's and making it look easy.
Howard has had shit QB's throwing to him his entire college career so people don't really know how to look at him just yet, the more they dig into him though and the more they see him run and catch and they see what a great kid he is, he'll start to really shoot up boards as the drat approaches.

They're supposed to run around the same time. Njoku has been clocked at 4.54 although he says he can run a 4.49 and had ran that time before. He has a high jump of over 7 feet. His player comp is Greg Olsen oj Howard comp is Julius Thomas. Howard is supposed to run between 4.47-4.57. IMO njoku is the better tight end. Howard will need to add more muscle in the NFL and might slow him down.

Njoku probably is a little better as a traditional TE but that's not how teams are going to look at Howard....they'll look at him as just another offensive playmaker/weapon in the passing game and he'll play all over the line of scrimmage instead of in the traditional TE role.

Howard will go top 12 when it's all said and done IMO and he'll be the first "receiver" taken, ahead of both Davis and Williams. 

and btw, don't go to these guys school websites to get your info as far as like the 40 times are concerned.....they're ALL notorious for over-inflating numbers on their players. 

Njoku probably is a little better as a traditional TE but that's not how teams are going to look at Howard....they'll look at him as just another offensive playmaker/weapon in the passing game and he'll play all over the line of scrimmage instead of in the traditional TE role.
Howard will go top 12 when it's all said and done IMO and he'll be the first "receiver" taken, ahead of both Davis and Williams. 
and btw, don't go to these guys school websites to get your info as far as like the 40 times are concerned.....they're ALL notorious for over-inflating numbers on their players. 

Oh yeah they always over inflate save for a few schools. It depends on what ur looking for if u want to be like the Stealers and only have him on the field in passing downs ala Ladarius green then take Howard until he can put on some muscle. But if I wanna use him as a blocker and receiver take njoku.

don't get me wrong I really like Njoku, I would actually LOVE to take him at 41 if he's still around......he's not the athlete that Howard is though and he's not the weapon in the passing game that Howard will be either.

there's really no one in this draft class that can compare to Howard athletically when you factor in how big he actually is.

11 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Mike Williams. Doesn't get enough separation and doesn't have deep speed.

Edit:  Jabrill Peppers, any QB or OL

If Whit goes elsewhere I won't completely hate it if we take an OT....it will be an admission that they don't believe Ced can do it, but if that is the case you have to protect Andy.

Archived