Somehow I accidentally deleted the Nick Mangold thread

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Just the thought of bringing back Smitty the Titty makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

And the managers of Golden Corrals all over the tri-state cringe.

Yeah that'd be a wtf move if ever there was.. There's not a better option in FA or the draft? I don't believe that.

No; more status quo.

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Just the thought of bringing back Smitty the Titty makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

And the managers of Golden Corrals all over the tri-state cringe.

What is even worse is that he's better than the OT's that are currently on the roster, as it stands the cupboards are pretty bare on the oline.

We better pray to the god of mediocre NFL franchises that Whit comes back and Mike Brown decides to eschew his outdated philosophy and pay Zeitler a fair market deal or this offensive line is going to be in shambles come next year. But who needs a good offensive line to win in NFL or protect your $100 million dollar QB so he can throw the ball to your $60 million dollar WR, not Mike Brown's Bengals for sure...

37 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

What is even worse is that he's better than the OT's that are currently on the roster, as it stands the cupboards are pretty bare on the oline.

We better pray to the god of mediocre NFL franchises that Whit comes back and Mike Brown decides to eschew his outdated philosophy and pay Zeitler a fair market deal or this offensive line is going to be in shambles come next year. But who needs a good offensive line to win in NFL or protect your $100 million dollar so he can throw the ball to your $60 million dollar WR, not Mike Brown's Bengals for sure...

C - Bodine

RG - ????

RT - Fisher 

This alone should scare Dalton. I can't imagine lining up an inexperienced RG next to a very inexperienced RT. Then layer on a C with experience, but marginal talent.  

Our line was pretty good the season before Smith left. Dalton was killing it and had all day to throw. I can't see a downside either.

Okay, maybe "pretty good" might be overstating it a bit, but "decent" might be a more fitting term...or serviceable. Yeah, serviceable.

19 hours ago, CoachMinich said:

If they can't resign Whitworth, Mangold could fill a similar locker room role

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Maybe not.  Respect is something earned which Whit has done over the past X years here.  Mangold would have to earn that rather than walk into it.

Maybe someone could prank a rookie by asking him how he liked his trip to Disney World.

Archived