Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
spicoli

Bengals want Leonard Fournette, per NFL Network

Recommended Posts

If true, I would be on board.  Fournette is a physical freak and has dominated when healthy.  Our situation at RB is fairly unsettled.  Hill is a disappointment, Gio is rehabbing an ACL, and Burkhead is a free agent.  I do think good running backs would be available later in the draft, but I won't quibble with landing an elite player.  

Theres an elite player in joe mixon later on.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in favor of Fournette at 9, but I think Carolina may well take him at 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love the value of waiting on Mixon, but I wouldn't want the Bengals to be "the team that took Joe Mixon". Especially with them being the Bengals; that narrative would smother the team and the fanbase..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 75North said:

I would love the value of waiting on Mixon, but I wouldn't want the Bengals to be "the team that took Joe Mixon". Especially with them being the Bengals; that narrative would smother the team and the fanbase..  

this^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Jags and Jets are both potential candidates. 

With the way the Panthers have been talking, Fournette will be their pick at #8 no matter what. They may have a lot of holes to fill, but Elliott made a depleted Cowboy's roster with a Rookie QB look darn respectable. RB's may have lost their luster, but 4 yards and a cloud is still the lynchpin of NFL offensive strategy.

A big question would be if the Jags take Cook at #4, there's a good chance that the Je's take Fournette at #6, and almost a dead lock that Carolina will take him at #8. Would you try to make a trade with Tennessee to move up to 5? Do you offer the Jets Jeremy Hill and a late rounder to move up?

Zeke Elliott didn't make a depleted Cowboys' roster do anything. He took advantage of running behind the best line in football. That's not a knock against him.

The Jets will be tempted, but - ESPECIALLY - since they just let Regis and Marshall go, have much bigger fish to fry.

I suppose it's possible the Jags could take a back, but don't be blinded by Elliott's success. The norm is what it is. Since 2010, the only two backs taken in the first nine picks are Elliott and Trent Richardson. Could two go in the same year this time? Sure. I just think it's HIGHLY unlikely.

The upside if it happens is that it's going to push a really, really good player(s) down the board.

Best case scenario for the Bengals might be for both backs to come off the board and for somebody to reach for a couple of these quarterbacks.




Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

 but Elliott made a depleted Cowboy's roster with a Rookie QB look darn respectable. RB's may have lost their luster, but 4 yards and a cloud is still the lynchpin of NFL offensive strategy.

Is our run blocking, minus arguably our best run blocker (Zeitler) even in the same conversation as Dallas? I don't think Zeke would have had the year he did if he were in stripes in 2016. I'd like Fournette a lot more if we had a much improved line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Big Alice said:


Zeke Elliott didn't make a depleted Cowboys' roster do anything. He took advantage of running behind the best line in football. That's not a knock against him.

The Jets will be tempted, but - ESPECIALLY - since they just let Regis and Marshall go, have much bigger fish to fry.

I suppose it's possible the Jags could take a back, but don't be blinded by Elliott's success. The norm is what it is. Since 2010, the only two backs taken in the first nine picks are Elliott and Trent Richardson. Could two go in the same year this time? Sure. I just think it's HIGHLY unlikely.

The upside if it happens is that it's going to push a really, really good player(s) down the board.

Best case scenario for the Bengals might be for both backs to come off the board and for somebody to reach for a couple of these quarterbacks.




Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

The NFL is a copy-cat league.  For several years the theme was RBs aren't worth top picks.  Now, after the Cowboys hit a home run with Elliot, you can bet someone will step up and pick Fournette early.  Might be the Bengals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Is our run blocking, minus arguably our best run blocker (Zeitler) even in the same conversation as Dallas? I don't think Zeke would have had the year he did if he were in stripes in 2016. I'd like Fournette a lot more if we had a much improved line.

Exactly, you could have a backfield of Jim Brown, Bo Jackson, and Adrian Peterson but if you have Ced, Bodine, Fischer, TJ Johnson, Boling blocking for them it doesn't matter. Drafting a big powerful running back and then letting your best two offensive linemen leave in FA makes NO sense to me, but what do I know.... I only won the Super Bowl in Madden Franchise mode 5 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!1111!!!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Exactly, you could have a backfield of Jim Brown, Bo Jackson, and Adrian Peterson but if you have Ced, Bodine, Fischer, TJ Johnson, Boling blocking for them it doesn't matter. Drafting a big powerful running back and then letting your best two offensive linemen leave in FA makes NO sense to me, but what do I know.... I only won the Super Bowl in Madden Franchise mode 5 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!1111!!!!

Why do we even have an offensive line to begin with? Just let Andy snap the ball to himself and put 10 freak athlete RBs and WRs out to catch passes. I don't give a shit what makes sense, just draft the sexy position picks PLEASE!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's the problem, if you're picking in the top 10 and there are no offensive lineman worth a top 10 pick, what are you supposed to do?

it's easy to say trade down but it always takes two to tango in a trade and the opportunity might not come available.

the absolute WORST thing a team can possibly do in the draft is to reach for a player that doesn't necessarily warrant the pick just so you can fill a need....that NEVER works, period. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Why do we even have an offensive line to begin with? Just let Andy snap the ball to himself and put 10 freak athlete RBs and WRs out to catch passes. I don't give a shit what makes sense, just draft the sexy position picks PLEASE!

You just described Zampese's new space age offensive formation, did you hack his Surface and get that info...who sent you, who do you work for???? 

The Bengals going to totally take the NFL by storm next year, can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Alice said:

The Jets will be tempted, but - ESPECIALLY - since they just let Regis and Marshall go, have much bigger fish to fry.

now that Marshall is gone I really think that Jets pick comes down to Fournette or OJ Howard.

Howard is a lot less of a TE than he is just an oversized WR and he's gonna absolutely blow up the combine with his size and athleticism.....scouts at the combine are already talking about him being a top 5-10 pick and he hasn't even worked out yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched YouTube highlights of Fournette and Dalvin Cook. Cook may be the better RB but Fournette fits the Bengals MO better. Big 220+ bruiser who can take carries in the rough and tumble AFC North. Fournette is the RB that Jeremy Hill tries to be, but isn't. Fournette has the bowl you over breaking tackles ability of Rudi Johnson, combined with the agility of Corey Dillon. He fits!

However, the Bengals had better sort out their o-line issues this year. Otherwise, the only place Fournette will be running is backwards. That means hopefully getting Whit locked up (and hopefully Zeitler). And hope the 'light bulb' comes on for Ogbeshit and Fisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Fournette had a bad jump #

Sweet, now we can pencil him in as a UDFA pickup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

Sweet, now we can pencil him in as a UDFA pickup!

Are you one of those guys who makes a point and then follows around the guy you made a point to in a bunch of threads and never let it rest? Just let me know so I don't waste my time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelWeston said:

Are you one of those guys who makes a point and then follows around the guy you made a point to in a bunch of threads and never let it rest? Just let me know so I don't waste my time. 

It's a fresh topic, not like I brought something up that you said 2 years ago, it was just an hour or two ago. But nah, it was a joke that I had to throw out there since we had that discussion earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, omgdrdoom said:

It's a fresh topic, not like I brought something up that you said 2 years ago, it was just an hour or two ago. But nah, it was a joke that I had to throw out there since we had that discussion earlier.

Sounds good. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jpoore said:

**** Deleted the Video to save space***



Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app
 

Very interesting video and +1 for posting.

I was bipolar watching it thinking a) would be a steal in round three.  And at the same time 2) if he does this stuff in the pros, he'll get hammered.

Still like the guy and we've drafted badder apples than him.  We have one now as well as one who may be on the way out the door.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 75North said:

I would love the value of waiting on Mixon, but I wouldn't want the Bengals to be "the team that took Joe Mixon". Especially with them being the Bengals; that narrative would smother the team and the fanbase..  

Eh, just have Adam Jones take him under his wing and show him the ropes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man I'm watching these RB's today and I'm just blown away by how smooth of an athlete Christian McCaffrey is....4.45 forty with a 40 inch vert and he looked absolutely smooth as silk in all of his drills....he legitimately might have one of the fastest first steps and lightest feet I've EVER seen from a RB.

kid is a special kind of talent that's gonna have a huge impact as long as he can stay healthy....I'd think real fucking hard about drafting him at 41 is he's somehow still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The Jags and Jets are both potential candidates. 

With the way the Panthers have been talking, Fournette will be their pick at #8 no matter what. They may have a lot of holes to fill, but Elliott made a depleted Cowboy's roster with a Rookie QB look darn respectable. RB's may have lost their luster, but 4 yards and a cloud is still the lynchpin of NFL offensive strategy.

A big question would be if the Jags take Cook at #4, there's a good chance that the Je's take Fournette at #6, and almost a dead lock that Carolina will take him at #8. Would you try to make a trade with Tennessee to move up to 5? Do you offer the Jets Jeremy Hill and a late rounder to move up?

Cook fits the Panthers offense way more than the Fournette.   You can plug Cook anywhere and he would be effective.   I'd be happy with either.  But in today's NFL Cook will be a star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mike freeman @mikefreemanNFL:

Quick text from front office exec: "Fournette just made this draft a lot more interesting. More teams will want to make move into top 5."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food for thought.... I'M liking this guy a lot but not a snowball's chance in Hell he's there at 9.  He might not even be there at 6.  Cook, however, ain't too shabby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Very interesting video and +1 for posting.
I was bipolar watching it thinking a) would be a steal in round three.  And at the same time 2) if he does this stuff in the pros, he'll get hammered.
Still like the guy and we've drafted badder apples than him.  We have one now as well as one who may be on the way out the door.

I just love his hands.... He has the hands of obj but he has that downhill running bruising style of frank gore with the agility of leveeon bell. He has a first round grade and would be a steal in the 3rd. Hes 227 and suppossed to run a 4.48-4.52. Hes a mix of both of our backs right now and then some. Wiah we had 2 3rd round picks right now bc another steal with a first round grade in the third would be jake butt.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...