Possibilities at 9

Just one guy's opinion, but I listen to Bucky Brooks' podcast and he is pretty on the money.  If I could have had one player for the the Bengals in the last draft I would have taken Bosa.  Barnett profiles very similar to Bosa.  Something to consider.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/02/27/bucky-brooks-derek-barnetts-skills-nearly-identical-to-joey-bosa/

I think if you plugged Barnett into the RDE spot he is a 7 sack guy at a minimum in his first year, with a good chance of double digits.  

1 hour ago, BlackBengal said:

Just one guy's opinion, but I listen to Bucky Brooks' podcast and he is pretty on the money.  If I could have had one player for the the Bengals in the last draft I would have taken Bosa.  Barnett profiles very similar to Bosa.  Something to consider.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/02/27/bucky-brooks-derek-barnetts-skills-nearly-identical-to-joey-bosa/

I think if you plugged Barnett into the RDE spot he is a 7 sack guy at a minimum in his first year, with a good chance of double digits.  

I think Brooks is one of the worst analysts. He always has really off the wall opinions that greatly differ from the majority.

I see no comparison in Bosa and Barnett. Size, athletic ability, strength, playing style, etc. I don't dislike Barnett at all I just see no comparison.

4 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

I hope that teams are dumb enough to draft Thomas ahead of Allen based on 40 and shuttle times.  Allen doesnt really fill a need for the Bengals and he doesnt play a high-value position, but he is an elite prospect and should be considered if he were to fall to #9.

lol I guarantee you that if he goes in the top 5 it will NOT have a damn thing to do with what he did at the combine.

Depends on his pro day. I dont see any of the traits i saw in bosa. I dont even see barnett as a top 20 player. There are 5-7 ends i would take before barnett. But again pro day is huge. if he runs a high 4.8 again his stock will plummett.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

36 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Depends on his pro day. I dont see any of the traits i saw in bosa. I dont even see barnett as a top 20 player. There are 5-7 ends i would take before barnett. But again pro day is huge. if he runs a high 4.8 again his stock will plummett.

Bosa ran a 4.86 his stock didn't plummet.

50 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Says you....He is a top 10 pick. 

2 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Not according to a lot of the experts now... Seeing a lot of late teens early 20s. I think hes just a elite college player at best average nfl player

Barnette is a stud.   I expect you to eat some crow next year after he gets 6 to 10 sacks his rookie year.  College tape.  Check.  Personality   check.  Size for the position check.  Highly productive college career check.   There is nothing there to say he's gonna be a bust.   After Foster , Reddick I want Barnette. 

Barnette is a stud.   I expect you to eat some crow next year after he gets 6 to 10 sacks his rookie year.  College tape.  Check.  Personality   check.  Size for the position check.  Highly productive college career check.   There is nothing there to say he's gonna be a bust.   After Foster , Reddick I want Barnette. 

I will eat crow if he gets over 8 sacks. Playing on a line with dunlap and takins you will be getting 1 on 1s every snap. And i should have clarified. He will be a bust based on the position hes drafted. He will be a slightly better micheal johnson. Just do not think hes worthy of a number 9 pick.if we go down to 20 i would take him. But i think a player like walker or thomas or kpassagnon players like those has higher upside. Thats why his 40 is important. A guy 30 pounds heavier than you ran faster than you. But as stated if he gets over 8 sacks i will be the first one to admit i was wrong.

You are wack.    Barnettes college career blows away Michael Johnsons.   Who was a third round pick.   Barnette is more than likely a top 10 pick.   What makes you believe he will be a slightly better version of MJ.  Who's had one good year in the pros. As you say how is the 1 on 1 working out for MJ.  Who had 3.5 sacks this year.   Put Barnette in his shoes and he will get 8 plus sacks.  I don't see the hate for the guy.  Who set the record at Tennessee.  What more is he supposed to do.  3 great years at a big time SEC schoo . 

QB: None

RB: Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette

WR: Mike Williams, Corey Davis, John Ross

TE: None

OL: None

DL: Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen, Taco Charlton, Malik McDowell, Derek Barnett

LB: Reuben Foster, Hasaan Reddick

S: Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams

CB: Marshon Lattimore

I am adding Hasaan Reddick to the list. I crossed off everbody I wouldn't want. I think that when it comes down to it I would take Thomas-Hooker or Adams at 9 or trade down because I think I would be happy with any of the Foster-Reddick-Williams-Davis-Ross or the Wisconsin Tackle around 18. 

19 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

QB: None

RB: Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette

WR: Mike Williams, Corey Davis, John Ross

TE: None

OL: None

DL: Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen, Taco Charlton, Malik McDowell, Derek Barnett

LB: Reuben Foster, Hasaan Reddick

S: Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams

CB: Marshon Lattimore

I am adding Hasaan Reddick to the list. I crossed off everbody I wouldn't want. I think that when it comes down to it I would take Thomas-Hooker or Adams at 9 or trade down because I think I would be happy with any of the Foster-Reddick-Williams-Davis-Ross or the Wisconsin Tackle around 18. 

Reddick is my sleeper pick at #9, I really like his versatility, work ethic, and overall attitude. He is someone that any team would love to have on and off the field. I would prefer him to Foster, I can't find anything on Foster's pro day results but I doubt it was on par with Reddick's combine numbers. 

9 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Reddick is my sleeper pick at #9, I really like his versatility, work ethic, and overall attitude. He is someone that any team would love to have on and off the field. I would prefer him to Foster, I can't find anything on Foster's pro day results but I doubt it was on par with Reddick's combine numbers. 

Wouldn't Reddick be somewhat of a project to plug into our defense?

I don't know enough about him to have a really strong opinion on taking him or not, but I'm realllllllllllly over 1st-2nd round project picks from the Bengals.

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Wouldn't Reddick be somewhat of a project to plug into our defense?

I don't know enough about him to have a really strong opinion on taking him or not, but I'm realllllllllllly over 1st-2nd round project picks from the Bengals.

I don't think so, he has the ability to play any LB position and rush the passer on 3rd down situations. Here is Mike Mayock's observation of Reddick after 1 week of NFL coaching at the Senior Bowl:

Player who made the most money

Haason Reddick, ILB, Temple: He had a really impressive week. He was a hand-in-the-dirt 4-3 defensive end with a lot of sack production at Temple, but down here they asked him to stand up and play two different positions, and every day he got better. And his attitude about the switch was terrific; I got a kick out of how he embraced it. The last two days of practice, I don't think he lost a rep. He bounced around and made plays all week. At 6-foot-1 and 237 pounds, most see him as a tweener, but I think he showed versatility. I came into the week wondering what he would be at the next level, and at the end of the practice sessions I left thinking he could be an inside linebacker in a 3-4, an inside linebacker in a 4-3, and an occasional edge rusher. Bottom line: He showed he can do a bunch of things and do them well. He might not have to come off the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779622/article/haason-reddick-tops-mike-mayocks-senior-bowl-practice-stars

He's the type of the guy that the more you learn about him the more you want him on your team. I was traveling this weekend and listening to the NFL's Sirius XM station and they interviewed him and he told his story how he wasn't recruited out of high school because of injuries and walked on to Temple's team. It took him 3 years to earn a scholarship and now he's a first round pick, it's an amazing story about belief in yourself and tells you a lot about his character and work ethic. 

I would much rather have him than Foster, a guy feels entitled enough to go off on a medical worker just doing their job at the combine. We have enough of those types on the roster already, imo. 

Lastly he tore up the combine with some amazing number for a guy his size. Overall, he has the athletic ability to play at a high level and the work ethic and humble attitude to ensure success. Some may say it's a reach at #9 but if Barnett is gone he would be the next best option, imo. 

6 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

Not a fan of all this Haason Reddick talk.  Really good prospect, but not a top-10 pick, especially since he plays a lower value position.  

How is DE and LB a lower value position? The #1 overall pick plays DE and most mock drafts have the Bengals taking Foster at #9.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, BlackBengal said:

I hope that teams are dumb enough to draft Thomas ahead of Allen based on 40 and shuttle times.  Allen doesnt really fill a need for the Bengals and he doesnt play a high-value position, but he is an elite prospect and should be considered if he were to fall to #9.

Didn't they find arthritis in Allen's shoulders?  If that's true, he may plummet.

15 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

How is DE and LB a lower value position? The #1 overall pick plays DE and most mock drafts have the Bengals taking Foster at #9.

Redick is not going to be a DE.  He will be a MLB in a 3-4 or in a 4-3.  He is 6'1 237.  

The hype on Reddick started when he looked really good at MLB at the senior bowl practices.  His great reps at MLB is the only reason he is considered a first rounder now.

1 hour ago, BlackBengal said:

Redick is not going to be a DE.  He will be a MLB in a 3-4 or in a 4-3.  He is 6'1 237.  

The hype on Reddick started when he looked really good at MLB at the senior bowl practices.  His great reps at MLB is the only reason he is considered a first rounder now.

Most talent evaluators say he can play any LB position in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, his scheme versatility is what makes him so valuable. Also, he can play LB on 1st and 2nd down and convert to a pass rusher on 3rd down, his position could change depending upon the down and distance. 

Reddick is an amazing athlete that can fill many roles on a defense, kind of like a joker or something to that effect. 

Also I would say the way he practiced at the Senior Bowl with NFL coaches, his attitude, athletic ability, and college production are why he is considered a first round pick more so than what he did at one position during the Senior Bowl. 

My point is Foster is considered to be the best LB in the draft but I would rather have Reddick for many reasons I have already listed. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Most talent evaluators say he can play any LB position in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, his scheme versatility is what makes him so valuable. Also, he can play LB on 1st and 2nd down and convert to a pass rusher on 3rd down, his position could change depending upon the down and distance. 

Reddick is an amazing athlete that can fill many roles on a defense, kind of like a joker or something to that effect. 

Also I would say the way he practiced at the Senior Bowl with NFL coaches, his attitude, athletic ability, and college production are why he is considered a first round pick more so than what he did at one position during the Senior Bowl. 

My point is Foster is considered to be the best LB in the draft but I would rather have Reddick for many reasons I have already listed. 

All of this is a complete guess and projection.   Reddick is too small to be a regular pass rusher in a 4-3.  When he rushes the passer it will have to be a surprise and the Bengals would have to scheme for it, because he will be stoned every time he takes on a OL.  So he won't do it often in the Bengals' system.  I think if he was a Bengal he would play MLB and would not be asked to rush the passer on a regular basis.  So #9 is too rich for Reddick for a team like the Bengals.

If he is going to rush the passer at the NFL level on a regular basis it will have to be as a 3-4 OLB.  Pitts' D is a much better fit for Reddick.

If the Bengals want the player that you are describing they should grab Tim Williams. Much better pass rusher and has projectible NFL size.  

Archived