Logan

Jamie_B

On 3/3/2017 at 11:58 PM, Elflocko said:

Meh. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't that great. For pure comic quality I'd still take Deadpool and the first Avengers over Logan.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

agreed.  It was pretty good, but didn't live up to the hype I had heard, and it's not better than Deadpool.  It wouldn't even be in my top 3 of X-Men films.

It's definitely the best of the 3 Wolverine movies, but there's a number of little issues I have with this movie.  Don't know if we want to delve into spoilers?

non spoilery comments:

It definitely has some pacing issues, and drags a bit.  IMO I think most of that is solved if you just cut out every scene Eric LaSalle is in.  Nothing against him, or any of those scenes, they're just not needed.  I get the point of them (to show Logan and Laura what "normal" looks like), but that can be achieved in a different way and cut out 10 minutes from a film that is 10-15 minutes too long.  

Another big miss for me is them merely glossing over where the rest of the X-Men are.  They basically tell you if you're paying attention, but it deserved to be a more weighty part of the story, and would have made the story better. It's a disservice to every X-Men movie and mutant that came before to reduce them to two separate sentences not even in the same scene.

The villains on the whole I thought were lackluster, and in typical Fox fashion, lack continuity with previous films.

Everything else I've got is spoilers.

4 hours ago, Bengals1181 said:

non spoilery comments:

It definitely has some pacing issues, and drags a bit.  IMO I think most of that is solved if you just cut out every scene Eric LaSalle is in.  Nothing against him, or any of those scenes, they're just not needed.  I get the point of them (to show Logan and Laura what "normal" looks like), but that can be achieved in a different way and cut out 10 minutes from a film that is 10-15 minutes too long.  

Another big miss for me is them merely glossing over where the rest of the X-Men are.  They basically tell you if you're paying attention, but it deserved to be a more weighty part of the story, and would have made the story better. It's a disservice to every X-Men movie and mutant that came before to reduce them to two separate sentences not even in the same scene.

The villains on the whole I thought were lackluster, and in typical Fox fashion, lack continuity with previous films.

Everything else I've got is spoilers.

That was my biggest beef. I simply don't know that much about the history of the character (can't retrieve the proper word at the moment) to quibble with particulars, but if I get bored during a superhero movie, they screwed something up... 

Just now, Bengals1181 said:

Most people like Man of Steel. so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess most if you think 55% on Rotten Tomatoes is most, sure.

It was mediocre. In fact I would go so far to say that DC hasn't made a good movie since Nolan's Batman trilogy. 

That was my biggest beef. I simply don't know that much about the history of the character (can't retrieve the proper word at the moment) to quibble with particulars, but if I get bored during a superhero movie, they screwed something up... 

Oh it certainly wasn't boring IMO. Just needed some tightening up here and there to go from pretty good to amazing.

I'm disappointed to read today that they cut the scene that would have flashed back to the "Westchester Incident"

48 minutes ago, Bengals1181 said:

Logan is definitely not a movie to take kids to. It earns its R rating.

via violence? sex? language?

sex is all i want them to avoid, they watched deadpool, i just removed the sex scenes..

Archived