LaFell Back

6 minutes ago, JC said:

Have to imagine this takes 1st round receiver off the board. Was semi-hoping for Davis, but I'd bet there is some speed taken somewhere between round 2-4.

I'm still hoping OJ Howard is still in the mix.  If it's him or Reddick on D I'll be happy.

58 minutes ago, JC said:

Have to imagine this takes 1st round receiver off the board. Was semi-hoping for Davis, but I'd bet there is some speed taken somewhere between round 2-4.

Not necessarily, they tend to follow board more than need, and if one of the WRs is at the top of their board they may well still take him.  However, whether any of the WRs is a top 9 guy is debatable.

I'd have a very, very hard time seeing them use a first rounder after giving LaFell 5 million a year even they're the top on the board. Much more likely to see if Core and a mid-round guy pan out over the next few years.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

This sucks now we have o good reciever at 3 a elite reciever at 1 and a trash rciever at 2. Could have had 2 elite recievers and a good reciever but thats not the bengal way.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Really gotta cut the trash bullshit out regarding LaFell. 

Every thread, every Bengals board, you're a broken record about something that you have zero logical arguments for. 

You're like a shittier Skip Bayless that exclusively posts on Bengals media. 

Really gotta cut the trash bullshit out regarding LaFell. 
Every thread, every Bengals board, you're a broken record about something that you have zero logical arguments for. 
You're like a shittier Skip Bayless that exclusively posts on Bengals media. 

388 yards in his first 8 games. Its not baseless. And i dont need to mention the 3 games where he was non existent. Hell hogan had half of that in 1 game. Lafell couldnt get it in 8. Its not baseless. You have the oppurtunity to draft your wr of the future and have the most potent passsing attack in the nfl but you dont. Its the bengals way. Only want average players. Dont wanna have a great offense. Look at the colts. Reggie wayne marvin harrison dallas clark. Look at 2015 jets chris ivory brandon marahall eric decker all over 1,000 yards. In the history of the nfl there are plenty of ecample of having 2 elite recievers on the same team.

just stop, nobody wants to hear it.

btw what were the circumstances of those first 8 games? how many times did Andy look his way? what kind of protection was Andy getting at that time? were they able to establish the run at all? did AJ go off in any of those games? were defenses taking away the boundaries and funneling everything to the middle? were they playing cover-2? cover-3? 

context young fella....context. 

just stop, nobody wants to hear it.
btw what were the circumstances of those first 8 games? how many times did Andy look his way? what kind of protection was Andy getting at that time? were they able to establish the run at all? did AJ go off in any of those games? were defenses taking away the boundaries and funneling everything to the middle? were they playing cover-2? cover-3? 
context young fella....context. 

Yes ill be the first to admit im still learning. But heres context. The redskins game where aj went off he had 1 reception for 6 yards on man to man coverage.patriots game he had 2 receptions for 13 yards. Giant is the 10th game he was 1 for 9. Cleveland in the 14th game 3 for 22.buffalo 4 for 32. He faced one on one coverage a lot. I just thiink there were a lot if better options. Namely brandon marshall. Torey smith, top 2 recievers in this draft. Hes. 30. Elite elite recievers start dropping off at 32,33.. Hes nowhere near that. Not to mention he was the 1/2 all of season. This year he will be the 3/4 probably closer to 4. Hell be lucky to get 500.

Just not excited by LaFell. I suppose it's a good move for stability but I sure hope we open with a better starter opposite of AJ.

If Chris Godwin falls to the third we have to take him. Or package some picks for late 2nd round pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always chuckle when I see people claim "we could've had this guy or that guy." How do you know who we could've had? Looking at Marshall for example, I have no idea how much he got paid but I can guarantee that the Bengals would've had to spend more. Put yourself in Marshall's shoes. Why would you come to the Bengals? I guess if your only choices were between Cincy or Minnesota maybe you'd choose Cincy? Weather blows and haven't won anything since the 80's. Yeah I'd pick the Giants every time. Glad Lafell is back. Had some clutch catches and seemed to play hard.

1 hour ago, whodey365 said:

I always chuckle when I see people claim "we could've had this guy or that guy." How do you know who we could've had? Looking at Marshall for example, I have no idea how much he got paid but I can guarantee that the Bengals would've had to spend more. Put yourself in Marshall's shoes. Why would you come to the Bengals? I guess if your only choices were between Cincy or Minnesota maybe you'd choose Cincy? Weather blows and haven't won anything since the 80's. Yeah I'd pick the Giants every time. Glad Lafell is back. Had some clutch catches and seemed to play hard.

Marshall was staying within 200 miles of NY.  He's already got his head in his second career, doing shows on NFL Network.  He might have come here, but we are about as far west as he would go.  Can't argue, he's a smart guy.

Archived