Sheldon Richardson Trade?

The Jets have been trying to trade him since last year.... I've heard NFL guys say he's only worth a 3rd/4th round pick at this point (only 1.5 sacks last year, suspended beginning of past two years, benched for being consistently late)... so even if this was a valid trade rumor, I'd still want a second round pick included. Considering the Bengals turned down a 2nd & 4th last year.

2 minutes ago, big_dish said:

The Jets have been trying to trade him since last year.... I've heard NFL guys say he's only worth a 3rd/4th round pick at this point (only 1.5 sacks last year, suspended beginning of past two years, benched for being consistently late)... so even if this was a valid trade rumor, I'd still want a second round pick included. Considering the Bengals turned down a 2nd & 4th last year.

Yeah, considering the big salary difference between McCarron and Richardson, you'd think the Bengals should also get a 2nd or 3rd back.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

That looks like a lot of dough...but it probably really isn't. 

With the cap up to almost $170M, the $8M isn't bad at all.

The problem would be that he's set to hit FA at about the same as Vontaze Burfict, Tyler Eifert, Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. So he'd most likely be a 1 or 2 year rental assuming we make it a priority to keep our own top guys ahead of him. 

9 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Team option for 2018 at least.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/sheldon-richardson-12293/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the team option is for this year, which is his 5th in the NFL. He's from the same draft class as Tyler Eifert (who is also in his option year). 

More I look at it, more it seems it would very likely be a 1-year rental. 

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

If the Bengals really have a hard-on for Fournette, could this involve a swap of first round picks?

There's no way we get Richardson and swap picks, is there...for AJ Mccarron?  Even if we did that we can't draft a RB with no oline can we?  This is really bad.  Oh we'll, we've got a year to rebuild the line and draft Sam Darnold. 

1 minute ago, WRAPradio said:

There's no way we get Richardson and swap picks, is there...for AJ Mccarron?  Even if we did that we can't draft a RB with no oline can we?  This is really bad.  Oh we'll, we've got a year to rebuild the line and draft Sam Darnold. 

Well, another poster was all: "Yeah, considering the big salary difference between McCarron and Richardson, you'd think the Bengals should also get a 2nd or 3rd back."

Moving up/down three picks is better than losing your Second rounder, right? The Jets get their QB, dump Richardson's $8M salary... I'm not going to say it WILL happen, it's just a potential thing that might happen. Mocks have them looking at Thomas or secondary help... Guys they could easily get at #9 most likely.

5 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, another poster was all: "Yeah, considering the big salary difference between McCarron and Richardson, you'd think the Bengals should also get a 2nd or 3rd back."

Moving up/down three picks is better than losing your Second rounder, right? The Jets get their QB, dump Richardson's $8M salary... I'm not going to say it WILL happen, it's just a potential thing that might happen. Mocks have them looking at Thomas or secondary help... Guys they could easily get at #9 most likely.

I'm with you.  I would rather have their 2nd rounder outright instead of just swapping first round picks.  We need as many picks early as possible.

Just now, WRAPradio said:

I'm with you.  I would rather have their 2nd rounder outright instead of just swapping first round picks.  We need as many picks early as possible.

The Jets might be reluctant to lose their second rounder... Maybe this is the compromise. There's still a chance the Jags take Fournette at #4, so moving up isn't a lock to get him. Dunno. I've seen Fournette going #4 on some mocks, #21 on others. Thomas is #2 on some mocks, #11 on others.

Especially with the loss of Whit and Z today, I WANT an extra 2nd round pick. Doesn't mean we can get it.

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

If the trade for McCarron doesn't involve a decent pick to get some line help this year, an we even afford to trade him knowing that Dalton is going to get killed before week 8?

I think so.  All of the scouts are talking about Sam Darnold as the next big thing.  Realistically I just didn't want him going to the Browns as i thought there was no way we'd be in a position to get him.  If we lose Z and Kirk, there's a realistic chance we'll have a shot unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Wouldn't he play the same position as Geno?

I would guess they could use him at DE on run downs and next to Geno on passing downs.

Plus, they rotate a lot so if Geno only plays 75% of the snaps, there's also a lot of snaps available at DT while he's out. 

It would be a good problem to have to figure out. 

only hesitancy I'd have with the trade is the possibility that Richardson wouldn't resign with us.  Then we're pretty much giving up an asset for a one year rental and that feels like a waste unless we were in a position to compete for a championship this year.  I'd almost rather just do Mccarron for their 2nd rounder if that was on the table.  

only hesitancy I'd have with the trade is the possibility that Richardson wouldn't resign with us.  Then we're pretty much giving up an asset for a one year rental and that feels like a waste unless we were in a position to compete for a championship this year.  I'd almost rather just do Mccarron for their 2nd rounder if that was on the table.  

From what i read it was mccarron for rivhardaon amd their second rounder.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Archived