Whitworth to rams

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I haven't cared since the days of Curt Flood, Andy Messersmith, Hardship Drafts, and Plan B. 

They are all just ridiculously overpaid giant bags of mostly water...who move around every few years and wear a different bag. Our chosen tribe will find other bags. 

If you don't care then why do post on this board, everyone that post here cares. You just can't rationalize the decision so you pretend like you don't care when it's obvious you do.

27 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Well Said.  

No it's not, please stop carrying water for the Bengals incompetent leaders, you are better than this.

6 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I haven't given up on the season at all...I enjoy watching the Bengals play football and I hope to God they win every game, but the good thing about us being fans is we can be realistic and it doesn't have any affect on anything.  I don't care how Marvin motivates his players as long as he does it.  Are you saying you think we're Superbowl contenders?

If they would have kept Whit, Zeitler, cut Pacman, and upgraded the team via free agency and the draft, then yes they would have been.

Now they have one of the worst offensive lines in the game and don't plan on even trying to upgrade it.

MB only cares about the bottom line of the business, not winning Super Bowls.

Cause he wanted a multi year deal? His own wife said it wasnt the money it was the length.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'm sure his wife is concerned about length for sure, since her husband is a 100% cuck quitter pussy. We need real men on this team, not cowards who obey their wives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'm sure his wife is concerned about length for sure, since her husband is a 100% cuck quitter pussy. We need real men on this team, not cowards who obey their wives.

Lol its not even worth arguing. Hes been our best player for over a decade. He wanted to leave when he would have taken less money bc he didnt wanna play on a 1 year deal. He would have taken less to stay with the bengals if it was a 2-3 year deal but we didnt.

Lol its not even worth arguing. Hes been our best player for over a decade. He wanted to leave when he would have taken less money bc he didnt wanna play on a 1 year deal. He would have taken less to stay with the bengals if it was a 2-3 year deal but we didnt.

If he's not with us, he's against us. Whit you are a major QP h-moe.

For those who didn't experience the advent of free agency and the "watering/dumbing down" of professional sports when it first happened... you'll never understand how Le Tigre, Kenneth, myself, and many others of our age feel about this.

You weren't lucky enough to see all the sports in the more innocent/pure form that they were, and see the athletes play with more of a "love of the game" demeanor. I can't blame players/owners for wanting more money, but they way the fucks bleed every last cent out of the fans and DON'T care about winning championships really grinds the gears of us "old geezers".

So instead of your "if you don't care why post?" comments, try to take into consideration that a love for sports and sports heroes that was nurtured as a child, and then that is ripped away by the all mighty dollar... and to hell with the actually caring about winning that elusive championship.

I know for a fact that Le Tigre has loved and cared about this team in a way many of you couldn't understand, and for longer than many of you have been alive. It's because you can't understand where he is coming from (as am I) that I am patient with your comments, attitudes, and actions toward him and others like him.

Just my $.02... and I remember when it was really worth $.02. 

39 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

For those who didn't experience the advent of free agency and the "watering/dumbing down" of professional sports when it first happened... you'll never understand how Le Tigre, Kenneth, myself, and many others of our age feel about this.

You weren't lucky enough to see all the sports in the more innocent/pure form that they were, and see the athletes play with more of a "love of the game" demeanor. I can't blame players/owners for wanting more money, but they way the fucks bleed every last cent out of the fans and DON'T care about winning championships really grinds the gears of us "old geezers".

So instead of your "if you don't care why post?" comments, try to take into consideration that a love for sports and sports heroes that was nurtured as a child, and then that is ripped away by the all mighty dollar... and to hell with the actually caring about winning that elusive championship.

I know for a fact that Le Tigre has loved and cared about this team in a way many of you couldn't understand, and for longer than many of you have been alive. It's because you can't understand where he is coming from (as am I) that I am patient with your comments, attitudes, and actions toward him and others like him.

I just don't like the posting style of:

Attack a position or post something controversial that will obviously be replied to > refuse to debate (usually by claiming it isn't your style to go back and forth) > claim to be the victim ("I'll wait for you to scold me again") > rinse and repeat

This is a message board. Don't post something that's going to be an argument and then refuse to actually debate your points. It's a goofy way of going about things and it's obviously going to get some people annoyed. If you post something argumentative, you obviously want to argue, so you aren't taking any high road just because you didn't respond an extra X amount of times.

I would rather have a message board discussion with an unintelligent, abrasive asshole than an intelligent, kind soul any day of the week if the asshole is willing to defend their stance and give legitimate arguments and be willing to stick around for a back and forth. I personally don't get why some post on a message board if they're unwilling to appropriately respond to a counter position. If you want to talk to yourself, write in a diary.

It doesn't have anything to do with age to me, it's the posting style and the attitude, and that's my personal $0.02.

12 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I just don't like the posting style of:

Attack a position or post something controversial that will obviously be replied to > refuse to debate (usually by claiming it isn't your style to go back and forth) > claim to be the victim ("I'll wait for you to scold me again") > rinse and repeat

This is a message board. Don't post something that's going to be an argument and then refuse to actually debate your points. It's a goofy way of going about things and it's obviously going to get some people annoyed. If you post something argumentative, you obviously want to argue, so you aren't taking any high road just because you didn't respond an extra X amount of times.

I would rather have a message board discussion with an unintelligent, abrasive asshole than an intelligent, kind soul any day of the week if the asshole is willing to defend their stance and give legitimate arguments and be willing to stick around for a back and forth. I personally don't get why some post on a message board if they're unwilling to appropriately respond to a counter position. If you want to talk to yourself, write in a diary.

It doesn't have anything to do with age to me, it's the posting style and the attitude, and that's my personal $0.02.

I see your point, and I don't necessarily disagree... just putting out the counterpoint.

1 minute ago, USN Bengal said:

I see your point, and I don't necessarily disagree... just putting out the counterpoint.

It's all good, I just never understood why some people post argumentative statements if they refuse to actually argue without constantly playing the martyr card. I don't take a strong position on anything I don't feel strongly about, I would assume that makes sense to just about everybody. I don't post argumentative things unless I'm prepared to defend my statements, stand my ground on what I feel strong about, be willing to concede some points, and then agree to disagree on others.

That's how I roll. I know a lot of people feel a different way (which is totally fine) I just don't really "get it". I have no problem with you posting your perspective, and I wasn't meaning to discredit anything you said with your post as we all have our own ways of looking at things. Cheers, bud!

No worries... I can take it or give it when the situation calls for it. I appreciate another viewpoint, especially when people use common sense, facts, and knowledge to present their side. Le Tigre and I go WAY back... I have broke bread and shared adult beverages with him and know exactly what he's talking about. I haven't reached critical mass yet (although I am close) and that's why I am on this message board. Cheers to you as well!  

4 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

I'm 51, and this post says it all for me.  I spent the first 25 years or so of my life believing that the Reds and Bengals would be a lifelong passion, but sadly, that "passion" has devolved into "observation" in both cases.  Even if the Bengals finally win a championship, it won't mean what I grew up dreaming it would mean.  After several decades, the callouses become too thick to penetrate.

9 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Because any business that doesn't re-invest in itself is doomed for failure.

Not this one. The NFL is structured to where the money teams subsidize the Washington Generals of the league. Between that & the TV deals, why spend more than absolutely necessary trying to gain a competitive advantage against a stacked deck? The house always wins. Follow the script and cash their checks. 

6 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Well Said, and your $.02 is still worth the proper amount.

1 hour ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I'm 51, and this post says it all for me.  I spent the first 25 years or so of my life believing that the Reds and Bengals would be a lifelong passion, but sadly, that "passion" has devolved into "observation" in both cases.  Even if the Bengals finally win a championship, it won't mean what I grew up dreaming it would mean.  After several decades, the callouses become too thick to penetrate.

Same age group... I was at the Freezer Bowl, and wore my Boomer jersey to school every Friday as a kid.

Somewhere in the 2000's, the dark ages, it all changed for me. I was no longer watching a team working to win a Super Bowl, I was watching a Jersey Shore reality show starring Corey Dillon and Jon Kitna. It was a dark comedy about this franchise so inept that people literally referred to them as the Bengals. (Hmmm... The board auto corrects B"u"ngles)

My username comes from a joke I read on a tip jar in a Ohio service station. The sign read "Please Help: My eleven children are lost in Paul Brown stadium, and they're beating the Bengals."

I care, but somewhere long ago, it became about the journey, not the destination. Observation instead of passion.

I remember the year Dick LeBeau took over as HC. I was pumped. Dick LeBeau is going to turn this around. The team sucked under Coslet, but LeBeau is such a great coach, and the team is only a few pieces away, and I hear Warren Sapp wants to sign here. You just watch, this is our year... We're going to surprise everybody.... Bleeds Orange, I'm sure you remember how that year turned out.

Mike Brown is Mike Brown, and will always be. I had hope when Katie took the reigns, and she's much better, but there's an underlying philosophy that hasn't changed. It's a very hard-nosed old-school attitude that I just don't think works in today's NFL, and it will forever hold us back. I know this.

I root for 6th rounders to have big games, I root for Andy Dalton to silence his critics, I want to see AJ have a big day. I want to laugh at whatever stupid thing Burfict or Jones does to cost us the game. Will Ogubuehi figure it out next year? Is Fisher really any good if he couldn't lock down the RT spot last year? These are all storylines to watch, but the main plot - The Bengals Journey to win a Super Bowl - I gave up on that. 

Archived