Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
big_dish

Whitworth to rams

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

Highly doubt he leaves. They said thats what the deal was not that he accepted. Bengals reportedly offered him 11 million. Hes not gonna leave for an extra million.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app
 

What in the actual fuck?

Whitworth is signing with the Rams at 4PM EST.

Your posts reek of trolling, broham.

edit: Okay, I see where you finally have joined us on planet Earth and recognize he's gone. How can you possibly not believe he's going to be gone once the report is that the Rams will be signing him and we offered him a couple million less per year? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I just paid to renew my season tickets....

 

in all truthfulness, if this team takes another step back this year I am done with my season tickets... it has gotten too expensive to watch a garbage team.

Marv.... Mike.... Katie... Duke.... who the fuck ever... start making some fucking moves or lose my money in season tickets. I will be content watching this garbage from my couch.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Well, maybe if the mods would say something to him when he does it, I wouldn't have to "take the bait ".  

Well if reading comprehension is a problem for you, I can and will point out that I spoke to BOTH of you, and have addressed him as well.

You stir the pot, he licks the spoon... He stirs the pot, you lick the spoon.

Instead of worrying about whether ANYONE says anything to/about another poster, how about you just worry about upping YOUR game for once?

 

MMMMMMkay?

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

So AJ Green will be 28 next season. It's good to know this team is committed to winning while he's in his prime lol. 

I think he'll be 29 this July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hilarious that I'm the issue when Kenny was in here calling people Whiners yesterday and I hadn't even posted.

 

Carry on though.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

you know... cause he wanted to play for a contender....

........

 

Whit is a quitter pussy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sois said:

Whit is a quitter pussy.

Somebody hurry up and throw trash on his lawn before he moves.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hint of Snow said:

Or be in the movies

Over the Top 2: Revenge of Bull Hurley Jr.

(RIP Rick Zumwalt)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving to LA should be a dream for him: a new stadium someday with wondrous views of Compton and LAX. In the meantime, he can dress in an ancient dump of an overused facility in the suburbs of South Central. What money can bring you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Moving to LA should be a dream for him: a new stadium someday with wondrous views of Compton and LAX. In the meantime, he can dress in an ancient dump of an overused facility in the suburbs of South Central. What money can bring you. 

As opposed to the wonders of Cincinnat, OH, northern KY?

 

the one thing I can never understand is why whenever a player leaves, the fans just  can't even comprehend why he would ever want to get away from this. We're not the fucking Patriots. He isn't leaving much of anything over here. Furthermore, who says Whitworth is actually leaving for more money? Whit is only guaranteed one year in LA before they could cut him with about 2 mill in dead money. If he doesn't perform, he likely WILL be cut. If he could have somehow negotiated a two year deal in Cincy, it essentially would be a guaranteed 2 years worth of full salary because this team doesn't make smart, cut-threat moves (see Maualuga, Peko, Hall) when necessary. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

We're not the fucking Patriots.

who is??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

who is??

No one is. But why is it so hard to believe that someone would want to leave this? They aren't leaving much at all. This team won 6 fucking games last year. The Rams won 4. And considering they're coach isn't Marvin Fucking Lewis, they're probably still closer to a super bowl than the Bengals. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

As opposed to the wonders of Cincinnat, OH, northern KY?

 

the one thing I can never understand is why whenever a player leaves, the fans just  can't even comprehend why he would ever want to get away from this. We're not the fucking Patriots. He isn't leaving much of anything over here. Furthermore, who says Whitworth is actually leaving for more money? Whit is only guaranteed one year in LA before they could cut him with about 2 mill in dead money. If he doesn't perform, he likely WILL be cut. If he could have somehow negotiated a two year deal in Cincy, it essentially would be a guaranteed 2 years worth of full salary because this team doesn't make smart, cut-threat moves (see Maualuga, Peko, Hall) when necessary. 

That is a deflection. He can live anywhere he wants here...he can live in fucking Malibu or Beverly Hills if he wants there. Half of his damn contract is guaranteed. Call it what you want: it is still about money. You can crucify your favorite whipping boys until hell freezes over, but if only the woebegone Los Angeles Rams wanted to pony up $15 bills in guaranteed cash for a 35-year old lineman--and he was willing to put himself on that shit team, in a shit stadium (he will never see the new place, except under construction), in order to take their $15 bills, how in anything logical is that the fault of the Cincinnati Bengals? He made the decision-good or bad. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

But why is it so hard to believe that someone would want to leave this? 

it's not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That is a deflection. He can live anywhere he wants here...he can live in fucking Malibu or Beverly Hills if he wants there. Half of his damn contract is guaranteed. Call it what you want: it is still about money. You can crucify your favorite whipping boys until hell freezes over, but if only the woebegone Los Angeles Rams wanted to pony up $15 bills in guaranteed cash for a 35-year old lineman--and he was willing to put himself on that shit team, in a shit stadium (he will never see the new place, except under construction), in order to take their $15 bills, how in anything logical is that the fault of the Cincinnati Bengals? He made the decision-good or bad. 

IT depends if the Bengals would go to two years. If they would, it would make more sense to stay in Cincy if it was only about money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be prepared to see the same pre-season analyses as last year from all of the lazy analysts. Just replace Sanu and Jones with Whit and Zeitler. Or they might just add them to last year's list. I don't recall them harping on other teams so much for letting players walk. The pats and stealers let veterans go all of the time and they're geniuses.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Let's be real though.  We're not competing for a SB this year with or without Whit.  This most likely looks like a terrible deal next year and we may be rejoicing that we didn't resign him.  Now we just have to be smart with the found money and begin to solidify this offensive line and get ready for the draft.

So you have already given up on the season in March? How does Marvin look his players in the eyes and tell his players we're not competing for a Super Bowl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Be prepared to see the same pre-season analyses as last year from all of the lazy analysts. Just replace Sanu and Jones with Whit and Zeitler. Or they might just add them to last year's list. I don't recall them harping on other teams so much for letting players walk. The pats and stealers let veterans go all of the time and they're geniuses.

They were right last year though weren't they 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

They were right last year though weren't they 

No, they weren't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

So you have already given up on the season in March? How does Marvin look his players in the eyes and tell his players we're not competing for a Super Bowl?

I haven't given up on the season at all...I enjoy watching the Bengals play football and I hope to God they win every game, but the good thing about us being fans is we can be realistic and it doesn't have any affect on anything.  I don't care how Marvin motivates his players as long as he does it.  Are you saying you think we're Superbowl contenders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wants to get angry tonight?!?!?!?!?!

How about you read this gem from Hobson:

 

Quote

 

Even though left tackle Andrew Whitworth is the first name in leadership and coming off his third Pro Bowl season while ranked PFF’s second best pass-protecting tackle for 2016, the Bengals still recall their hard luck history with older plays and injuries. They were wary of multiple years with Whitworth turning 36 in December and they hate putting money in future years that would result in dead money if the player doesn’t play but the team is still charged the cap count,

As late as Thursday morning they were hoping they could still keep Whitworth and Kirkpatrick, yet it would have meant moving some money out of one of the other position groups. When Whitworth took three years with the Rams, the Bengals were able to retain Kirkpatrick without cutting anyone.

But for how long?

With Kirkpatrick counting about $10 million against the cap this year and wide receiver Brandon LaFell another $5 million, the Bengals only have about $2-3 million for another deal to fit in under the $16-18 million they have budgeted to spend.

That could be running back Rex Burkhead or a linebacker or an offensive lineman out on the market. But anything beyond that and they’ll probably have to start cutting some players. And they won’t sign any unrestricted free agents to avoid harming their haul of compensatory draft picks for 2018. They believe they walked out of Thursday with a third-rounder for Zeitler and a fifth-rounder for Whitworth.

They don’t have any backup tackles so they figure to start looking at re-signing backup right tackle Eric Winston. Since they have 11 draft picks they’ll get at least one tackle and if they don’t they could look at the veteran market after the draft. Or they could trade back in the first round and get one, but they may decide that’s going on a treadmill because the guy replacing Whitworth, Cedric Ogbuehi, is also untried.

 

$2-3 million left, people. Better spend it wisely. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Who wants to get angry tonight?!?!?!?!?!

How about you read this gem from Hobson:

 

$2-3 million left, people. Better spend it wisely. 

Cutting Spitman Jones and Rey M frees up a ton. One is a disgrace and the other barely plays anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Rams have a solid defense and young offense.  They will be better next year.  The owner of the Rams is rich as fuck and treats his player VERY well. Mike Brown pays his players well because the CBA makes him but everything else is Dollar General Blue Light special.  Whit is from Louisiana,..NOT Ohio. 

The team has done very little to promote him which is sickening since he has been one of the best tackles over the last 10 years.   The team spent too much money on average players and have nothing left for a great one.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, now it's #teamsliketherams is it? 

Worship a new-found idol if you will-and you always do so long as there is some way to denegrate the Bengals--but as I have already said: 

Whitworth will be playing on an incomplete team, and in an ancient shithole in the South Central suburbs. He will never play in that Pleasure Palace with the wonderful views of Compton and LAX. And they will be last in the NFC West. Regardless of what amount of Baal worship you chant. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×