Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Tracking 2018 Comp Picks

Recommended Posts

Losses:

Andrew Whitworth (3yr/$36M)  :2:

Kevin Zeitler (5yr/$60M)

Adds:

 

Net:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of his age, it sounds like we can only get a 5th for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Because of his age, it sounds like we can only get a 5th for him.

That's still solid!

one time we drafted Marvin Jones in the fifth round!! Very valuable area of the draft!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well fuck, this whole "let our best players go to get comp picks" strategy is definitely working out.

Marcus Hardison, Paul Dawson, Lavelle Westbrooks, Marquis Flowers, TJ Johnson, Reid Fragel.

There are your recent comp selections, ladies and gents.

Gotcha Whitworth!!! Dumb old fuck! You get to go play football by the beach but who has the last laugh? We're going to turn you into Reid Fragel, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the Ravens are saying fuck the compensatory system and going for it. This is kind of depressing. I expected it, but I didn't expect to see the Ravens add Woodhead/Jefferson and the Stealers being in on some of the bigger corners while we sit in the corner with our thumb in our ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has seriously become the thing that we can be excited about.  If only the goal was to put a better team on the field instead of trying to get comp picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who needs playoff wins and Super Bowl trophies when you can get comp picks aka the undocumented workers of the NFL. Gotta love those comp picks, they make the profit margins look amazing.

Why pay Pro Bowl players market value when you can have comp picks.....the Bengals front office is playing checkers while the rest of the NFL is playing chess :049:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well get 2 3rd round picks, which will be great, can we all stop complaining. Great news is we don't have $22million against the cap for zeitler and whitworth...So that money will be used elsewhere,efiert, burfict and hopefully some free agents next year. We needto rely on our draft picks cedo and Fisher need to step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, turningpoint said:

Well get 2 3rd round picks, which will be great, can we all stop complaining. Great news is we don't have $22million against the cap for zeitler and whitworth...So that money will be used elsewhere,efiert, burfict and hopefully some free agents next year. We needto rely on our draft picks cedo and Fisher need to step up.

Only 1 3rd. Whit will be a 5th because of his years of experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<sarcasm>And once Dalton gets killed in week 1, think about how high our draft picks will be!</sarcasm>

It's March. DGAF about getting a GD 5th rounder next year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Well get 2 3rd round picks, which will be great, can we all stop complaining. Great news is we don't have $22million against the cap for zeitler and whitworth...So that money will be used elsewhere,efiert, burfict and hopefully some free agents next year. We needto rely on our draft picks cedo and Fisher need to step up.

Yeah great news, we have cap space and mid round draft picks. 

The crybabies complaining are acting as if we lost our 2 best offensive linemen or something. What a bunch of assholes! Those dumb old fucks are as dumb as Whitworth getting bamboozled by the genius Bengals front office.

It's a good thing championships are won by how much cap space and how many comp picks you have. We are the champions my frrieennndddd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if we clap hard enough and tell Ced to "step up" he'll magically transform from the worst RT in the league to being able to easily replace the best LT of the decade. 

Fuck logic. It's morphin' time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PJ Dawson-Marcus Hardison-Lavelle Westbrooks-Cobi Hamilton-TJ Johnson-Brandon Thompson-George Iloka-Marvin Jones-Jay Finley-Roderick Muckleroy-Brandon Ghee-Chase Coffman-Bernard Scott-Clinton MCDonald-Freddie Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Maybe if we clap hard enough and tell Ced to "step up" he'll magically transform from the worst RT in the league to being able to easily replace the best LT of the decade. 

Fuck logic. It's morphin' time! 

We saw some good things out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

PJ Dawson-Marcus Hardison-Lavelle Westbrooks-Cobi Hamilton-TJ Johnson-Brandon Thompson-George Iloka-Marvin Jones-Jay Finley-Roderick Muckleroy-Brandon Ghee-Chase Coffman-Bernard Scott-Clinton MCDonald-Freddie Brown

Huh? 

Most of those guys were NOT taken with compensatory selections.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Well get 2 3rd round picks, which will be great, can we all stop complaining. Great news is we don't have $22million against the cap for zeitler and whitworth...So that money will be used elsewhere,efiert, burfict and hopefully some free agents next year. We needto rely on our draft picks cedo and Fisher need to step up.

True Bengals fans only care about winning the draft.

When Eifert wants more than what MB wants to pay a TE what will you say then? Thank goodness we didn't Jones, Sanu, Whit, Zeitler, and Eifert so we can can re-sign Bodine or whomever....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Huh? 

Most of those guys were NOT taken with compensatory selections.... 

You sure? I just went through and looked at all the guys we got in rounds with 2 picks. Wasn't a an exact science at all. Do you have the list? Its probably worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

You sure? I just went through and looked at all the guys we got in rounds with 2 picks. Wasn't a an exact science at all. Do you have the list? Its probably worse. 

Yeah I posted it above, I wasn't just excluding any good players to be a dick, I posted the actual list of recent comp picks lol

Marcus Hardison, Paul Dawson, Lavelle Westbrooks, Marquis Flowers, TJ Johnson, Reid Fragel

Those are all of our comp picks in the "Dalton era". You can add in Jay Finley (lol who?) too if you want to count supplemental comps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah I posted it above, I wasn't just excluding any good players to be a dick, I posted the actual list of recent comp picks lol

Marcus Hardison, Paul Dawson, Lavelle Westbrooks, Marquis Flowers, TJ Johnson, Reid Fragel

Those are all of our comp picks in the "Dalton era". You can add in Jay Finley (lol who?) too if you want to count supplemental comps.

My list was totally just looking at times where we had more than 1 pick in a round and then trying to ascertain if we had a trade then. What's a supplemental comp pick. Are those really the 6 players that we don't sign anyone for? It's even worse than I thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

My list was totally just looking at times where we had more than 1 pick in a round and then trying to ascertain if we had a trade then. What's a supplemental comp pick. Are those really the 6 players that we don't sign anyone for? It's even worse than I thought. 

Yep that's them, what a list hahahaha

I don't think supplemental comp picks will happen again with the crazy contracts that fly around nowadays, but they used to be if there weren't enough comp picks to give out due to free agency, they'd give the rest of the comp picks out by draft position at the very tail end of the last round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×