14 hours ago, Rumble In the Jungle said:

I agree. Dude loves the team and the city. Not sure why he's hated on. He's one of my favorite Bengals players.

Nobody is hating on him as a person. He is a great person, great teammate. His play slipped the last few years. If he wasn't paid as much as he was making the last few seasons you probably wouldn't have heard as much gripping. One of my favorites wish him and his family the best.

2 hours ago, Kochman said:

Nobody is hating on him as a person. He is a great person, great teammate. His play slipped the last few years. If he wasn't paid as much as he was making the last few seasons you probably wouldn't have heard as much gripping. One of my favorites wish him and his family the best.

It's as simple as that. I don't have strong enough emotional feelings for this stupid ass team to hate ANY of the players as people. I just hated seeing him start and get fucking murdered on a weekly basis. 

3 hours ago, Kochman said:

+1

NOBODY hates Peko the man,  he's cool, involved, community minded and all round great guy.   But Peko the player was just excruciating,  blown off the ball with regularity.  stupid silly fouls, too.   He had moments where he flashed his old anchoring self, but for every one of those there were 3 that he totally screws the pooch.   

Bittersweet losing him.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I believe Sims is still under contract and knowing how Marvin is, I expect Sims to start with Billings getting alot of snaps, and I anticipate us drafting someone as well.

Not sold on Sims beyond a rotational guy.  Billings should win it in camp if he's what they say he is..

awesome.... facts are fun.
Brat offense rank: 13, 10, 4, 8, 10, 32(fitz), 22, 22
NON brat offense rank: 18, 12, 6, 15, 7, 24th. 

Percentage of years in top 10: Bob 40%, others 33%
Highest offensive rank: Bob 4th, Others 6th.
Consecutive years top 10: BOB: 4 Others, 1

not to mention, this is with a garbage defense.... which means longer fields, less rest, more coming from behind. 
Defense rank for bobs team to deal with: 28th, 21st, 22nd, 17th, 24th, 19th, 6th, 24th.... thats 1 single season even in the top HALF of the league.
Since: 9th, 8th, 5th, 12th, 2nd, 8th. EVERY SINGLE YEAR top half of league and all but one year top 10....

just had a top 8 defense and won 6 games with it...  
bob had a #6 defense, and had jp foschi, daniel coates, lavernius coles, chad ocho fucko, henry fucking DIED, and managed to win the division, SWEPT the division(with 3 teams with winning record) and limped into the playoffs..

you want to give OC credit for having a great defense now? go for it... 
#reproach.

I'm all about stats too. With Brat, 0 playoff wins. After Brat, 0 playoff wins.

67520c0348afa0e2d05015a56483bfc9.jpg

On 3/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, GoBengals said:

awesome.... facts are fun.

Brat offense rank: 13, 10, 4, 8, 10, 32(fitz), 22, 22

NON brat offense rank: 18, 12, 6, 15, 7, 24th. 

Percentage of years in top 10: Bob 40%, others 33%

Highest offensive rank: Bob 4th, Others 6th.

Consecutive years top 10: BOB: 4 Others, 1

not to mention, this is with a garbage defense.... which means longer fields, less rest, more coming from behind. 

Defense rank for bobs team to deal with: 28th, 21st, 22nd, 17th, 24th, 19th, 6th, 24th.... thats 1 single season even in the top HALF of the league.

Since: 9th, 8th, 5th, 12th, 2nd, 8th. EVERY SINGLE YEAR top half of league and all but one year top 10....

Do Bratkowski's years with LeBeau not count? It's odd you'd want to use averages to prove your point while ignoring his 31st and 28th ranked seasons in PPG to begin his career as our OC.

Here are his offense YPG rank compared to OCs since...

Brat: 23, 18, 13, 18, 6, 8, 10, 32, 24, 20

Not Brat: 20, 22, 10, 15, 15, 13

There are about a billion other things to factor in as well. It's not really as cut and dry as looking at average rank of YPG and PPG and calling someone a great coordinator. There are about a thousand other factors we could discuss, but I do believe Bratkowski was underrated by many fans and is overrated by others. Like most things in life, the truth lies somewhere in between the extremes.

In my opinion, Brat was an average to good OC that could have his offense rank highly if given the correct tools, so he's pretty much interchangeable with most other OCs around the league. Not a guy you want to kick out the door after only a year or two and not a guy that has a knack for making the offense churn out yardage and points regardless of the situation he's given (that's a huge rarity so I'm not holding it against him, just saying he isn't one of the few elite coaches in league history).

He started his career here at a low point, then you see a huge spike in the yardage and point rankings for a few years, then back down to the 20s. I feel like the spike is obvious when you realize when Carson Palmer was drafted and in his prime. Bob started his career as an OC with 31 PPG/23 YPG and 28 PPG/18 YPG and then jumps up to 13, 10, 4, 8, 10 PPG and 13, 18, 6, 8, 10 in YPG after Carson is drafted. Carson goes down, his Bengals career bursts into flames, and we don't see another top 10 offense for what, 6 years? I'd really think CP9 deserves a lot of the credit there, if we're trying to be fair in our assessments.

Archived