If the first 8 picks fall like this....

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Here's the thing about Howard, there is a reason he's being talked about as a top 10 pick, the kid is special...6'6 250lb legit deep threats that just happen to be good at every other aspect of the game don't come around too often.

if they take him at 9 it's because they truly see him as the best player available to them, it's just hard to argue with that kind of logic, IMO. 

Its not when we already have a solid TE and it's a deep draft for TEs and he has never caught more than 45 passes in a year. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

but they don't have to play a "2 TE set" if one of the TE's is playing WR....which is pretty much what one of them would be on any given play.

you're over thinking it IMO.

We literally couldn't get Hewitt on the field this year. I doubt we have the guy who can make this work as our OC. 

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I think they take Fournette or Foster

With that gaping hole at QB? Forte still has a couple years left. Not sure Foster is worth the #6 pick. Maybe if he wasnt an injured idiot. Especially as an inside LB in a 3-4. I was thinking either Lattimore or one of the QBs.

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

and he has never caught more than 45 passes in a year. 

who did he ever have throwing him the ball?

if this dude played for Clemson, in that offense, he'd be a top 5 pick for sure. 

Just now, akiliMVP said:

With that gaping hole at QB? Forte still has a couple years left. Not sure Foster is worth the #6 pick. Especially as an inside LB in a 3-4. I was thinking either Lattimore or one of the QBs.

there has to be a QB there worth taking though....there's really not.

Just now, akiliMVP said:

Wentz and Goff weren't worth the top 2 picks last year but teams reach for QBs based on need.

and there's nobody in this draft that can even be compared to those two.....that's how bad it is. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

You are projecting him then and can make that argument about tons of guys. 

it is what it is, you said 45 receptions, I gave you a reason why.  

end of the day he's absolutely one of the best talents in this draft and is very much in the mix at 9.....like it or not. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

and there's nobody in this draft that can even be compared to those two.....that's how bad it is. 

Eh Trubisky is every bit as talented as them he just has a lot less experience. Watson's ranking is all over the place so who knows where he ends up

1 minute ago, akiliMVP said:

Eh Trubisky is every bit as talented as them he just has a lot less experience. Watson's ranking is all over the place so who knows where he ends up

there won't be a QB in the top 10

and Tubisky's arm isn't even close to Wentz'

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

there won't be a QB in the top 10

and Tubisky's arm isn't even close to Wentz'

Arm strength? Wentz isn't really known for having a cannon. Both have more than adequate arm strength. Their scouting reports read nearly identical.

Wentz had the size and more starts in a extremely weak draft class last year. I think they are pretty comparable talent wise.

3 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Arm strength? Wentz isn't really known for having a cannon. Both have more than adequate arm strength. Their scouting reports read nearly identical.

Wentz had the size and more starts in a extremely weak draft class last year. I think they are pretty comparable talent wise.

the more I dig into these guys, the less I think any of them can crack the top 10....the talent just isn't there this year IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

They are in full rebuild mode.... They will be worse than the browns this year.... A qb isnt gonna fix that. They will try to replace and rebuild this year and then draft arnold next year with the number 1 pick.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

A good QB can certainly turn a franchise around. No team purposely tanks a season based on a QB who may be worth the #1 pick the next year.

A good QB can certainly turn a franchise around. No team purposely tanks a season based on a QB who may be worth the #1 pick the next year.

Im not saying purposely tank... Im just saying they will be lucky to win 2 games next year whether they draft a qb or bot, so might as well draft one next year. They got rid of 20 pro bowls, their number 1 and number 2 wrs, their number 1 corner, their center, etc.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I have to tell you. I think logically I would hate Howard because it would mean we are saying goodbye to Eifert and if you look around the league no TE doesn't have an injury issue. But I see your point about paying him and the Bengals typically draft for the next years offseason. That means that LB to replace Minter/Burfict is on the board. TE to replace Eifert. CB to replace Dennard. C to replace Bodine. I would hate the CB pick worse than the TE pick for sure. 

I just was watching film on Howard and sweet sassy molassy that guy is good. I have a feeling he is a Jaguar. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Its not when we already have a solid TE and it's a deep draft for TEs and he has never caught more than 45 passes in a year. 

Eifert has caught 39, 3, 52, and 29 in stripes.

Not saying I'm drooling over Howard, but I don't know if receptions in a year is something I'd be bringing up as a reason to NOT take him.

Archived