If the first 8 picks fall like this....

10 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

With Minter here I think that you take Davis. 

If we go WR at 9 the only guy I want is Ross, and in this case I don't care if it's a reach.  4.22 doesn't grow on trees, and he plays fast too.

If we go WR at 9 the only guy I want is Ross, and in this case I don't care if it's a reach.  4.22 doesn't grow on trees, and he plays fast too.

I agree, not just for his speed excellent hands too
Would be a better compliment to AJ than Williams or Davis

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 18/03/2017 at 2:51 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm asking him to make TE's poopy themselves a little bit when they (might) catch the ball over the middle.

And then get flagged because the NFL is a no contact sport.

Unless you're playing for Stealers/Patriots etc in which case lead with the head for all they care.

On 3/17/2017 at 6:12 PM, Jason said:

1. Browns- Myles Garrett DE/OLB Texas A&M 
2. 49ers- Solomon Thomas DE/DT Stanford 
3. Bears- Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama 
4. Jaguars- Leonard Fournette RB LSU 
5. Titans- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St 
6. Jets- Jamal Adams S LSU 
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker S Ohio St 
8. Panthers- Derek Barnett DE Tennessee

Who do you want?

What if the top 8 goes like this?

2. 49ers-  Mitch Tribusky QB NC
3. Bears- Jamal Adams S LSU 
4. Jaguars-  OJ Howard TE Alabama
5. Titans- Solomon Thomas DE/DT Stanford
6. Jets- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St 
8. Panthers- Leonard Fournette RB LSU

9 hours ago, VonBlade said:

And then get flagged because the NFL is a no contact sport.

Unless you're playing for Stealers/Patriots etc in which case lead with the head for all they care.

That's a lot of my concern with Foster.

On the other hand,

fuck-them-all-to-death_o_6954989.jpg

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

If Allen doesn't go top 5 that says his medical is a red flag.  So I think I still want Foster.

Yeah but injury history is a HUGE concern.... 4 surguries on his knees in 2 years?? Including microfracture surgury? And a torn labrum? Thats a lot of injurys in only 2 years. Just something to think about

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Derek Barnett

21 minutes ago, CoachMinich said:

Yeah I really don't get the knocks on him
There are better run defenders out there, but you don't draft a guy top 10 to stop the outside zone, you draft him to pressure the QB.

Anyone that broke Reggie White's sack record can play on my defense. 3 double digit sack seasons in the SEC tells me he's an elite pass rusher, which is exactly what this team needs. Teaming him with Dunlap and Atkins on 3rd downs would be an ideal situation, imo. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If Allen doesn't go top 5 that says his medical is a red flag.  So I think I still want Foster.

Titans and Bears seem like the only options for him in top 5. Garrett is clearly better at 1. 49ers have 2 players like him. Jets/Jags are loaded with his type. 

15 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Titans and Bears seem like the only options for him in top 5. Garrett is clearly better at 1. 49ers have 2 players like him. Jets/Jags are loaded with his type. 

And at least 1 of those teams is 100% to take secondary help IMO. I honestly can't see them both passing on both safeties and the top corner.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, PatternMaster said:

Anyone that broke Reggie White's sack record can play on my defense. 3 double digit sack seasons in the SEC tells me he's an elite pass rusher, which is exactly what this team needs. Teaming him with Dunlap and Atkins on 3rd downs would be an ideal situation, imo. 

Barnett had 32 sacks in 3 years. 

Jarvis Jones had 28 sacks in 2 seasons at Georgia. He's been a massive bust for the Stealers.

It's not as easy as just saying, "he did it in the SEC so he'll definitely do it in the NFL." 

Obviously productivity in college is a big piece of the puzzle. But it's not the only piece of the puzzle and the size/speed/explosiveness are also very important in trying to figure out if a college player will be good at the next level.

Also, Tyler Boyd broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt and Jeremy Hill broke the record for highest YPC in SEC history. 

8 hours ago, happyrid said:

Barnett had 32 sacks in 3 years. 

Jarvis Jones had 28 sacks in 2 seasons at Georgia. He's been a massive bust for the Stealers.

It's not as easy as just saying, "he did it in the SEC so he'll definitely do it in the NFL." 

Obviously productivity in college is a big piece of the puzzle. But it's not the only piece of the puzzle and the size/speed/explosiveness are also very important in trying to figure out if a college player will be good at the next level.

Also, Tyler Boyd broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt and Jeremy Hill broke the record for highest YPC in SEC history. 

That was really insightful, thanks for sharing.

Reuben Foster is my answer in both scenarios. Burfict, Foster, Atkins and Dunlap on the field at the same time?!? Yes, please. Clearly the offensive line has gone to the shits so let's load up the defense. My current favourite players in and around the Bengals draft slot are Foster, Fournette, Hooker and Howard.

12 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Reuben Foster is my answer in both scenarios. Burfict, Foster, Atkins and Dunlap on the field at the same time?!? Yes, please. Clearly the offensive line has gone to the shits so let's load up the defense. My current favourite players in and around the Bengals draft slot are Foster, Fournette, Hooker and Howard.

I've been a Howard guy for a minute, but I'm warming up to Barnett.  I told myself I'd never be upset if we draft offensive or defensive linemen.  While Barnett isn't a "sexy" pick he very well may be the most productive based on college stats/competition. 

11 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I've been a Howard guy for a minute, but I'm warming up to Barnett.  I told myself I'd never be upset if we draft offensive or defensive linemen.  While Barnett isn't a "sexy" pick he very well may be the most productive based on college stats/competition. 

I love to see production in college. Guys who have average production but are physical freaks with potential scare me. Having said that, Barnett worries me in the opposite way. He was highly productive in college but relied on timing the snap and overpowering his opponent which aren't likely to work in the NFL. I don't hate Barnett at #9 but I have some pretty strong concerns with him. I worry he's going to be that guy that peaked in college.

Archived