If the first 8 picks fall like this....

49 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I worry he's going to be that guy that peaked in college.

you and everybody else.....that's the number one knock on the guy.

you just don't take those guys that high IMO. 

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I love to see production in college. Guys who have average production but are physical freaks with potential scare me. Having said that, Barnett worries me in the opposite way. He was highly productive in college but relied on timing the snap and overpowering his opponent which aren't likely to work in the NFL. I don't hate Barnett at #9 but I have some pretty strong concerns with him. I worry he's going to be that guy that peaked in college.

I'm in the same boat with him despite my latest mock.  I'd really like to see what he runs at his pro day this week.

58 minutes ago, spicoli said:

yep, just like Jarvis Jones was.....oh wait. 

Are you suggesting b/c Jarvis Jones didn't work out Barnett won't?  I can find an examples that did work out, Ndamukong Suh, Von Miller and Julius Peppers, but that doesn't mean Barnett will or won't be good.

Are you suggesting b/c Jarvis Jones didn't work out Barnett won't?  I can find an examples that did work out, Ndamukong Suh, Von Miller and Julius Peppers, but that doesn't mean Barnett will or won't be good.

No, not at all, they just remind me a lot of one another for some reason.

End of the day, I don't think Barnett gets into the top 15....JMO

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Certainly a possibility.....a lot of rumors out there though that they REALLY like McCaffrey and Howard.

Football's Future is doing their voting mock draft right now and Barnett and Howard are in a runoff tied at 12.  Barnett was in the lead until I voted Howard.  :lol: 

I still think there is a good chance they take Fournette if he's there, but he went to Jax in this draft.

52 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

My response earlier was basically just to note that just because a guy put up big sack numbers in the SEC doesn't mean they will automatically translate to the NFL.

Especially when the prospect lacks the measurables of guys that typically go on to have success. 

It's easy to project that a guy who put up big numbers and is also a freak athlete is likely to go onto success at the next level (like the guys you listed). Myles Garrett and (to a lesser extent) Solomon Thomas both are easy projections from this class.

Barnett isn't in that slam dunk group. There have been some mediocre athletes who went on to rack up sacks in the NFL (Terrell Suggs), but there have been even more (like Jarvis Jones) who couldn't produce against NFL talent. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Football's Future is doing their voting mock draft right now and Barnett and Howard are in a runoff tied at 12.  Barnett was in the lead until I voted Howard.  :lol: 

I still think there is a good chance they take Fournette if he's there, but he went to Jax in this draft.

Let us know who the Bengals take!

20 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Let us know who the Bengals take!

Barnett went to Carolina.  Right now Foster has a huge lead for the Bengals over everyone else.  Foster 21 votes, next is Davis at 6.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Barnett went to Carolina.  Right now Foster has a huge lead for the Bengals over everyone else.  Foster 21 votes, next is Davis at 6.

I made a profile on that page. Seems pretty cool. I tend to make profiles and then forget to post. Hope I remember. 

Archived