Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

If the first 8 picks fall like this....

137 posts in this topic

3 positions i have no interest in in first 3 rounds
QB
3 Tech
TE

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

With Minter here I think that you take Davis. 

If we go WR at 9 the only guy I want is Ross, and in this case I don't care if it's a reach.  4.22 doesn't grow on trees, and he plays fast too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we go WR at 9 the only guy I want is Ross, and in this case I don't care if it's a reach.  4.22 doesn't grow on trees, and he plays fast too.

I agree, not just for his speed excellent hands too
Would be a better compliment to AJ than Williams or Davis

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason said:

If we go WR at 9 the only guy I want is Ross, and in this case I don't care if it's a reach.  4.22 doesn't grow on trees, and he plays fast too.

Weren't they really high in Fuller who wasn't nearly as good as Ross

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I have a feeling he is a Jaguar. 

I'd say Fournette is their guy with Howard probably running a close second. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2017 at 2:51 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm asking him to make TE's poopy themselves a little bit when they (might) catch the ball over the middle.

And then get flagged because the NFL is a no contact sport.

Unless you're playing for Stealers/Patriots etc in which case lead with the head for all they care.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weren't they really high in Fuller who wasn't nearly as good as Ross

Even if he was a 4.4 he is the best WR in draft

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 6:12 PM, Jason said:

1. Browns- Myles Garrett DE/OLB Texas A&M 
2. 49ers- Solomon Thomas DE/DT Stanford 
3. Bears- Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama 
4. Jaguars- Leonard Fournette RB LSU 
5. Titans- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St 
6. Jets- Jamal Adams S LSU 
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker S Ohio St 
8. Panthers- Derek Barnett DE Tennessee

Who do you want?

What if the top 8 goes like this?

1. Browns- Myles Garrett DE/OLB Texas A&M 
2. 49ers-  Mitch Tribusky QB NC
3. Bears- Jamal Adams S LSU 
4. Jaguars-  OJ Howard TE Alabama
5. Titans- Solomon Thomas DE/DT Stanford
6. Jets- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St 
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker S Ohio St 
8. Panthers- Leonard Fournette RB LSU

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VonBlade said:

And then get flagged because the NFL is a no contact sport.

Unless you're playing for Stealers/Patriots etc in which case lead with the head for all they care.

 

That's a lot of my concern with Foster.

On the other hand,

fuck-them-all-to-death_o_6954989.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

What if the top 8 goes like this?

1. Browns- Myles Garrett DE/OLB Texas A&M 
2. 49ers-  Mitch Tribusky QB NC
3. Bears- Jamal Adams S LSU 
4. Jaguars-  OJ Howard TE Alabama
5. Titans- Solomon Thomas DE/DT Stanford
6. Jets- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St 
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker S Ohio St 
8. Panthers- Leonard Fournette RB LSU

If Allen doesn't go top 5 that says his medical is a red flag.  So I think I still want Foster.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we go WR at 9 the only guy I want is Ross, and in this case I don't care if it's a reach.  4.22 doesn't grow on trees, and he plays fast too.

Yeah but injury history is a HUGE concern.... 4 surguries on his knees in 2 years?? Including microfracture surgury? And a torn labrum? Thats a lot of injurys in only 2 years. Just something to think about

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What if the top 8 goes like this?
1. Browns- Myles Garrett DE/OLB Texas A&M 
2. 49ers-  Mitch Tribusky QB NC
3. Bears- Jamal Adams S LSU 
4. Jaguars-  OJ Howard TE Alabama
5. Titans- Solomon Thomas DE/DT Stanford
6. Jets- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St 
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker S Ohio St 
8. Panthers- Leonard Fournette RB LSU

Derek Barnett

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoachMinich said:


Derek Barnett

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Barnett is my ideal choice, hopefully he makes it to #9. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barnett is my ideal choice, hopefully he makes it to #9. 

Yeah I really don't get the knocks on him
There are better run defenders out there, but you don't draft a guy top 10 to stop the outside zone, you draft him to pressure the QB.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CoachMinich said:


Yeah I really don't get the knocks on him
There are better run defenders out there, but you don't draft a guy top 10 to stop the outside zone, you draft him to pressure the QB.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Anyone that broke Reggie White's sack record can play on my defense. 3 double digit sack seasons in the SEC tells me he's an elite pass rusher, which is exactly what this team needs. Teaming him with Dunlap and Atkins on 3rd downs would be an ideal situation, imo. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason said:

If Allen doesn't go top 5 that says his medical is a red flag.  So I think I still want Foster.

Titans and Bears seem like the only options for him in top 5. Garrett is clearly better at 1. 49ers have 2 players like him. Jets/Jags are loaded with his type. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Titans and Bears seem like the only options for him in top 5. Garrett is clearly better at 1. 49ers have 2 players like him. Jets/Jags are loaded with his type. 

And at least 1 of those teams is 100% to take secondary help IMO. I honestly can't see them both passing on both safeties and the top corner.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be opposed to OJ Howard. Other than Myles Garett, seems to be the safest bet at having a successful NFL career.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been thinking they might take OJ Howard because they know LT will be bad so they are making up for losing Whitworth. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, PatternMaster said:

Anyone that broke Reggie White's sack record can play on my defense. 3 double digit sack seasons in the SEC tells me he's an elite pass rusher, which is exactly what this team needs. Teaming him with Dunlap and Atkins on 3rd downs would be an ideal situation, imo. 

Barnett had 32 sacks in 3 years. 

Jarvis Jones had 28 sacks in 2 seasons at Georgia. He's been a massive bust for the Stealers.

It's not as easy as just saying, "he did it in the SEC so he'll definitely do it in the NFL." 

Obviously productivity in college is a big piece of the puzzle. But it's not the only piece of the puzzle and the size/speed/explosiveness are also very important in trying to figure out if a college player will be good at the next level.

Also, Tyler Boyd broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt and Jeremy Hill broke the record for highest YPC in SEC history. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, happyrid said:

Barnett had 32 sacks in 3 years. 

Jarvis Jones had 28 sacks in 2 seasons at Georgia. He's been a massive bust for the Stealers.

It's not as easy as just saying, "he did it in the SEC so he'll definitely do it in the NFL." 

Obviously productivity in college is a big piece of the puzzle. But it's not the only piece of the puzzle and the size/speed/explosiveness are also very important in trying to figure out if a college player will be good at the next level.

Also, Tyler Boyd broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt and Jeremy Hill broke the record for highest YPC in SEC history. 

That was really insightful, thanks for sharing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reuben Foster is my answer in both scenarios. Burfict, Foster, Atkins and Dunlap on the field at the same time?!? Yes, please. Clearly the offensive line has gone to the shits so let's load up the defense. My current favourite players in and around the Bengals draft slot are Foster, Fournette, Hooker and Howard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Reuben Foster is my answer in both scenarios. Burfict, Foster, Atkins and Dunlap on the field at the same time?!? Yes, please. Clearly the offensive line has gone to the shits so let's load up the defense. My current favourite players in and around the Bengals draft slot are Foster, Fournette, Hooker and Howard.

I've been a Howard guy for a minute, but I'm warming up to Barnett.  I told myself I'd never be upset if we draft offensive or defensive linemen.  While Barnett isn't a "sexy" pick he very well may be the most productive based on college stats/competition. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I've been a Howard guy for a minute, but I'm warming up to Barnett.  I told myself I'd never be upset if we draft offensive or defensive linemen.  While Barnett isn't a "sexy" pick he very well may be the most productive based on college stats/competition. 

I love to see production in college. Guys who have average production but are physical freaks with potential scare me. Having said that, Barnett worries me in the opposite way. He was highly productive in college but relied on timing the snap and overpowering his opponent which aren't likely to work in the NFL. I don't hate Barnett at #9 but I have some pretty strong concerns with him. I worry he's going to be that guy that peaked in college.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

While Barnett isn't a "sexy" pick he very well may be the most productive based on college stats/competition. 

yep, just like Jarvis Jones was.....oh wait. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0