* Trying to eliminate advertising *

SO i am moving hosts any day now, I am getting the new service setup shortly, the good news is im not moving the nameserver, which seemed to take the longest to refesh and get people pointed to the new host each time. since its a VPS service theyll be supplying the nameserver. so the move should be a little less painful. 

In order to remove advertising completely i would need to be a begger every 3-4 months to cover the hosting, since the bill isnt $150-180/mo just for hosting i would probably try to pay quarterly and get a slightly better rate and whatever donations can cover, it covers and if i can make up the rest i will, but being a broke ass until i recover from not working for a long while, any help we can get it awesome.

if anyone feels like tossing anything towards the site, awesome, paypal@fnnsports.com, if not no worries, enjoy.

I purchased the new host so kinda double paying during the move so we dont lose anything.

I will pick a late night, weeknight probably to move the files so not many folks are affected when i shut posting down.

more details coming..

17 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I'm in!  Sounds like a great plan, although honestly, the advertising hasn't been bad.

i went ahead and deleted the bottom two, which i think, since they were the square ads tended to have the most intrusive ads, videos, flash, etc..  i know even if they arent annoying content wise they slow down the site by 3-4 times the normal speed.

2 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i went ahead and deleted the bottom two, which i think, since they were the square ads tended to have the most intrusive ads, videos, flash, etc..  i know even if they arent annoying content wise they slow down the site by 3-4 times the normal speed.

I've got ABP off for now but would still rather have an annual pledge drive.. maybe with fabulous prizes why not (\/) (°,,,°) (\/)

In fact why isn't there a line of non-NFL-copyright-infringing GB.com merch? PMing you a link to order custom-printed tiger stripe beer koozies

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I've got ABP off for now but would still rather have an annual pledge drive.. maybe with fabulous prizes why not (\/) (°,,,°) (\/)

In fact why isn't there a line of non-NFL-copyright-infringing GB.com merch? PMing you a link to order custom-printed tiger stripe beer koozies

Speaking of GB.com merch...I still have my go-bengals.com t-shirt from back in the day.  Due to condition, it's now a "workin' on stuff" shirt, but I still wear it!

Anyone else still have one?

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Speaking of GB.com merch...I still have my go-bengals.com t-shirt from back in the day.  Due to condition, it's now a "workin' on stuff" shirt, but I still wear it!

I still have the few I got, they in good condition.  The only problem is they getting a little tight, I know that's do to washing and weight gain.  Anybody that says different is just wrong. lol

1 hour ago, RayDoggBengal said:

I still have the few I got, they in good condition.  The only problem is they getting a little tight, I know that's do to washing and weight gain.  Anybody that says different is just wrong. lol

Same. Pretty sure it is just due to the washing though.  No way anything else is going on.

18 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

I wonder if GB merch might be worth revisiting?  Is it is possible to use more of an 'on demand' model?  Didn't the previous run require a specific number of shirts?  Maybe options have changed in ~10 years.

I'd be in.  As RayDogg and Ben have already suggested, mine has shrunk from repeated washings/dryings!!!  Swear to gawd!!!  It's more of a crop top now, and requires vaseline to put on, but I still sport it proudly.  Wifey gets excited when she sees that "bottom gut" shot.   :)

im thinning out the files on the server for this domain preparing for the move, so its possible those were in a random ass folder unrelated to anything useful and got canned. had folders from 2007 on here.  this domain was 32GB, i have it down to 18gb.. 8gb is the database... still not sure where the hell 10GB of shit is.. tmp file is almost 2gb.. so still 8 gb of stuff..

20 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Mine just recently went into the 'let the bunnies rip them up inside the hutch' pile...

Archived