Your Top 3 Choices at Rd. 1 & 2 ?

On 3/26/2017 at 5:51 PM, akiliMVP said:

CBS has him #6, Peppers #14

ESPN #7, Peppers not in the top 32

Etc. Like that everywhere. Mayock is the outlier in his love of Peppers.

Mayock was also really high on Manziel and Blaine Gabbard.

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

there's something about a 6'7 Center that just does NOT appeal to me in the slightest.

I'd be much more comfortable with Pat Elflein if we're taking a C

I just have visions of Dalton throwing the ball right into the back of the guys helmet lol. 

that's funny....  hahaha

Elflein is fine too.....

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

there's something about a 6'7 Center that just does NOT appeal to me in the slightest.

I'd be much more comfortable with Pat Elflein if we're taking a C

I just have visions of Dalton throwing the ball right into the back of the guys helmet lol. 

I've seen you mention the Dalton/height thing in a couple threads, so just to clarify...

Eric Winston is 6'7, Whit is 6'7, Boling is 6'5, Ogbuehi is 6'5, Fisher is 6'6, Collins is 6'5/6'6.

Drew Brees has had multiple 6'7 linemen for years and he's even shorter than Andy. A lot of NFL linemen are big dudes and not every QB is 6'5+.

I don't know about you, but I don't see Andy, Brees, or any other QB struggling to get the ball over these guys' heads or plunking these guys in the helmets regularly. I feel like you should be more worried about their skillset and less about their height.

I've seen you mention the Dalton/height thing in a couple threads, so just to clarify...
Eric Winston is 6'7, Whit is 6'7, Boling is 6'5, Ogbuehi is 6'5, Fisher is 6'6, Collins is 6'5/6'6.
Drew Brees has had multiple 6'7 linemen for years and he's even shorter than Andy. A lot of NFL linemen are big dudes and not every QB is 6'5+.
I don't know about you, but I don't see Andy, Brees, or any other QB struggling to get the ball over these guys' heads or plunking these guys in the helmets regularly. I feel like you should be more worried about their skillset and less about their height.

I was being facetious....figured the "lol" at the end would have made that clear

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

I was being facetious....figured the "lol" at the end would have made that clear

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'd have thought so if I didn't see you specifically mention that in at least 1 or 2 other threads, my bad. I figured the "lol" could be a person laughing at the thought of a football hitting a lineman in the head.

Well if anyone out there IS legitimately concerned about height of a lineman, I wouldn't be unless the reasoning is that it seems to affect their stance or punch in a negative way.

I'd have thought so if I didn't see you specifically mention that in at least 1 or 2 other threads, my bad. I figured the "lol" could be a person laughing at the thought of a football hitting a lineman in the head.
Well if anyone out there IS legitimately concerned about height of a lineman, I wouldn't be unless the reasoning is that it seems to affect their stance or punch in a negative way.

I think you have me confused with someone else, I've never commented on Dalton/Centers/height before that I'm aware of ...

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

I think you have me confused with someone else, I've never commented on Dalton/Centers/height before that I'm aware of ...

It's me who keeps bringing it up, and i still think Dalton would be better served with a 6'3" center as opposed to a 6'7"

18 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

if we picked Cunningham at 9 i'd be disappointed....

i'd rater have Howard, Burnette or even Foster....

but whatever....that's just me

but would love a Center w/ pick 41

Agreed, I really hope it's hooker or they trade back and take Cunningham later in the round.

Yes but those are all guard/tackles who are really tall. Center is straight in front of you. Makes a big difference as opposed to the side of you.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I think previous signiture was something about us drafting Keith Rivers, I like to keep out of date. :)

Thats why I went with a all vintage format. Reggie Williams was one of my favorite players growing up.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, omgdrdoom said:

I feel like a lot of people are going to be overwhelmingly happy with our 2nd round pick because this draft seems so deep for talent between the end of the 1st round and middle of the 3rd.

I also feel like #9 is going to cause some huge arguments across all Bengals message boards. Guys like Reddick, Ross, Williams, Charlton, Barnett, and even Foster to an extent seem to be either love or hate picks in the top 10. Very strong feelings on both sides for a lot of those guys and not too much in between.

i agree w/both of your points....

at #9 there's no clear cut pick...so no matter who we select, many will think it's the wrong pick....

BPA I guess ....& even though the bengals have only drafted 3 WR's in rd 1 since 1968, David Verser, Peter Warrick, & A.J. Green,  it could be a WR this yr...also rarely pick RB's or TE's in rd one.....but it just seems to me this year it's going to be one of those 3 positions...

imo at that point if O.J. Howard is on the board he'd be my first choice....

2nd choice, Dalvin Cook

3rd choice Mike Williams....

Rd 2 i'd like a pass rusher but if Mixon is on the board I think he'll be the guy...if the bengals think he'll be there at 41 they will probably pass on Dalvin Cook at 9....we'll see...

my 2nd choice in rd  is LB Jarrod Davis

3rd choice is DE/OLB Carl Lawson...

seems every week I've changed my picks.....but as next Thursday nears it seems things are jelling more....not as fluid..

On 3/30/2017 at 4:08 PM, turningpoint said:

It's me who keeps bringing it up, and i still think Dalton would be better served with a 6'3" center as opposed to a 6'7"

I think he'd be better served with a center that could potentially block a DT every so often without a guard and back chipping to save his ass, height be damned.

I now feel knowledgeable enough to post in this thread. 

1. Davis-Barnett-Thomas-Adams-Hooker-Allen-Ross-Williams-=Foster-Fournette

2. Ramczyk-Bolles-Lamp-Garcia-Reynolds-Elfein-->First round fallers-guys who I doubt are there but I would be more likely to take in Rd 2 (Cook, Fournette, Robinson, Charlton, Harris, Reddick, Peppers, Cunningham)

3. Logan-Gibson-Stewart-Henderson-Dawkins-Johnson-Walker--> Second round fallers-guys who I doubt are there but I would be more likely to take if around in Rd 3 (Mixon-McCaffrey-Walker)

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

Round 1:

1) Solomon Thomas (not sure this is realistic so I added a 4th)

2) Corey Davis

3) John Ross

4) OJ Howard

Round 2:

1) Joe Mixon

2) Derek Rivers

3) TJ Watt

b/c Eifert is injured so much, & next yr he's a FA i'd prefer Howard #1....the WR's as back up picks....& imo Howard will be an even better TE  than Eifert

I also like Mixon at pick 41....just hope he's still on the board at that spot....b/c we need RB help....

6 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

Bengals have shown they don't want that....they prefer weak Centers who get pushed back into the QB's lap....

I just don't get it....WHY...???  

I assume they think they're getting more "athletic" types that can more quickly reach the 2nd level &tc.

The problem IMO is that Alexander thinks technique=ability.

Mel Kiper's 3 round draft projection for the Bengals

We’re one week away from the start of the 2017 NFL Draft.

That means we’ll only have a limited number of mock drafts to put up with, but for now, the latest from ESPN’s Mel Kiper projected the first three rounds for all 32 NFL teams. When it came to the Bengals, Kiper gave them a new name at No. 9 in Temple pass-rusher Haason Reddick. That was followed by Michigan defensive lineman Chris Wormley in Round 2, then USC receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster in Round 3. 

Cincinnati Bengals

Round 1 (9): Haason Reddick, LB, Temple

Round 2 (41): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan

Round 3 (73): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

I could see the Bengals going with a pass-rusher or receiver on Day 1, but I'm going with Reddick, who could play outside or inside in the Bengals' 4-3. A former walk-on, Reddick had a great Senior Bowl week and tremendous combine, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the top 10. Cincinnati brought in Kevin Minter in free agency, so Reddick probably would slot outside. Wormley brings some pass-rushing skills from the interior and had six sacks last season. Smith-Schuster didn't have the senior season I thought he might (70 catches, 10 touchdowns), but he qualifies as a steal here in a deep receiving class.

This past season, Reddick finished third in the nation with 22.5 tackles for loss while leading the Owls with 9.5 sacks to go with 65 total tackles and three forced fumbles. Those are great numbers, but playing for a team in the AAC helped lead to Reddick flying under the radar coming into the Scouting Combine in February, but that’s no longer the case.

Lol Kiper's new mock is a joke.

Fournette being around at 15, Hooker not taken until Washington at 17, Barnett and Charlton both 28th or later picks, and then Peppers, Reddick, and McCaffrey all in the top 10.

I can see some of those happening, but ALL of them? Nah.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, High School Harry said:

Mel Kiper's 3 round draft projection for the Bengals

We’re one week away from the start of the 2017 NFL Draft.

That means we’ll only have a limited number of mock drafts to put up with, but for now, the latest from ESPN’s Mel Kiper projected the first three rounds for all 32 NFL teams. When it came to the Bengals, Kiper gave them a new name at No. 9 in Temple pass-rusher Haason Reddick. That was followed by Michigan defensive lineman Chris Wormley in Round 2, then USC receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster in Round 3. 

Cincinnati Bengals

Round 1 (9): Haason Reddick, LB, Temple

Round 2 (41): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan

Round 3 (73): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

I could see the Bengals going with a pass-rusher or receiver on Day 1, but I'm going with Reddick, who could play outside or inside in the Bengals' 4-3. A former walk-on, Reddick had a great Senior Bowl week and tremendous combine, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the top 10. Cincinnati brought in Kevin Minter in free agency, so Reddick probably would slot outside. Wormley brings some pass-rushing skills from the interior and had six sacks last season. Smith-Schuster didn't have the senior season I thought he might (70 catches, 10 touchdowns), but he qualifies as a steal here in a deep receiving class.

This past season, Reddick finished third in the nation with 22.5 tackles for loss while leading the Owls with 9.5 sacks to go with 65 total tackles and three forced fumbles. Those are great numbers, but playing for a team in the AAC helped lead to Reddick flying under the radar coming into the Scouting Combine in February, but that’s no longer the case.

everyone has their own ideas....I don't care for Kipers 3 picks here myself...

i'd much rather have Howard or Barnette over Reddick....

rd 2 i'd prefer Mixon over Wormley

& rd 3 i'd prefer OG Isacc Asiata, who can play every O-line position....

over JuJu...

but that's just me...

& who in the hell is Mel Kiper..!!!!!     haha

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

ESPN is doing a live mock with their team reporters.  Kat gave us Foster.  I like it and it makes sense, I just haven't heard much from the team indicating they would take him.

I am happy with him or Barnett in that scenario  

Archived