John ross for the 9th pick

Everyone thinks the defense is the problem! I say the lack of offense and explosive playmaker. So i say Ross is the answer. He can stretch the field and take pressure off A.J.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I agree but i think mike williams would be a greater weapon than john ross. Also 5 surgeries in 2 years 4 of them on his legs is a huge concern for john ross.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Everyone thinks the defense is the problem! I say the lack of offense and explosive playmaker. So i say Ross is the answer. He can stretch the field and take pressure off A.J.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I think he'd make more sense than Corey Davis
But their biggest issues are OL and pass rush
OL not an option at that spot
Pass rusher should be

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

He's not even the best pass catcher in this draft...if you get my drift (see what I did there?)

I'm not going to take the credit but I said something to that effect on here.

He can runrealfast but can he catch the ball?  I compared him to Fast Eddie Brown who ranrealfast but too many times did not catch the ball.

I'm not sold on him but I am well aware that Mike Brown creams his jeans over wide receivers.  I think if Mike Williams is there, he's a Bengal but would not be at all surprised if the took Ross.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I'm not going to take the credit but I said something to that effect on here.

He can runrealfast but can he catch the ball?  I compared him to Fast Eddie Brown who ranrealfast but too many times did not catch the ball.

I'm not sold on him but I am well aware that Mike Brown creams his jeans over wide receivers.  I think if Mike Williams is there, he's a Bengal but would not be at all surprised if the took Ross.

Yeah, all jokes aside Ross has a unique skill set and I think he's got good hands.  I've said for a while our team lacks any type of speed that other teams have to worry about and this guy would fix that immediately.  With that being said, I don't think reciever is a weakness.  If you look at what teams like Seattle and NE do, they just have multiple WR options, no one great on the outside.  OJ presents a receiving threat that can also help us in the running game (he's a good blocker) and in the passing game.

If teams thought that Davis and/or Williams were better prospects before the combine then why should Ross running a 4.22 change anything?  

Ross had that same speed during the season and didn't look as good on film as Davis or Williams.  All the combine did was confirm that Ross is real fast.  Everyone already knew that.  Boosting his grade based on that confirmation is double counting.  

24 minutes ago, CoachMinich said:

Ross is a different type of player, can replace what they lost with Marvin Jones
The other 2 don't do that
Williams is a red zone guy to me
Davis is a poor man's AJ Green

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If we get a WR, I just want the best one.  I don't care what type he is.  A good WR fits into any offense.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

It all comes down to this. Who do you trust more in 1 on 1 coverage? Ross williams or davis? For me its williams by a hair over davis then ross.

1 on 1?  Ross for sure.  Not many CBs in the league with that kind of speed.  He will draw over the top help.

1 on 1?  Ross for sure.  Not many CBs in the league with that kind of speed.  He will draw over the top help.

He wont draw help over the top that leaves aj green 1 on 1. And dalton will underthrow ross which is why i would take williams who will just use his insane catch radius to body the corner and go over him.

3 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

He wont draw help over the top that leaves aj green 1 on 1. And dalton will underthrow ross which is why i would take williams who will just use his insane catch radius to body the corner and go over him.

Really?  Are we still doing this?

13 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

If teams thought that Davis and/or Williams were better prospects before the combine then why should Ross running a 4.22 change anything?  

Ross had that same speed during the season and didn't look as good on film as Davis or Williams.  All the combine did was confirm that Ross is real fast.  Everyone already knew that.  Boosting his grade based on that confirmation is double counting.  

How do you know what teams thought before the combine?

And your comment on the others looking better on film is pure speculation...

Personally, I'm on board with WR at 9. Seems like the best combination of value and team need (unless Solomon Thomas or maybe one of the Safeties falls). 

I don't have a real strong take on which WR I like the best yet.

The big unknown on Ross is the doctor reports and how likely they think future injuries would be. If the doctors give thumbs up, I think he's a great pick. He is a heck of a route runner and very good after the catch. I was impressed that he scored 12 touchdowns inside the red zone in 2016. That's pretty strong evidence that he's not just a deep threat and I've seen comparisons to Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper and Desean Jackson who have all been impactful players worthy of top 10 selection.

Corey Davis would probably leap to the top of my list if he is able to run before the draft and can run a sub-4.5. It's hard to tell on tape just how fast he really is, especially matched up against mostly MAC opponents. Seems like a very good all-around receiver and good guy too. But in terms of bang for the buck at #9, I'd want a confirmed time that showed he has the speed to threaten NFL corners deep. 

I like Mike Williams quite a bit as a player and think he's a pretty safe choice. He's proven it in big spots against top competition and should be a good NFL player in the mold of Deandre Hopkins. I just worry about his value to the Bengals specifically. Boyd is already here as the underneath and over the middle guy. Eifert is already here as the jump ball red zone guy. AJ does a little bit of everything, all at a high level. I've always felt like the offense's best chance of going to that next level is getting a bona fide deep threat across from AJ and I don't think Williams is that guy. 

Archived