Ced's Offseason

One thing about Alexander, I think he can "hide players" I remember Anthony Collins getting some starts at L and R tackle spots and wasn't an issue. He was very good in pass pro but probably below average at run blocking. He signs a huge deal with the Buccs and only lasts one season and is out of the NFL. Same goes with Nate Livings (Mathis should have been starting)above average run blocker with below average pass blocking signs a big deal with the Cowboys and fizzles out quickly and is out of the NFL. Both guys were solid here, they held there own. Don't know why last season was so bad with Ced and Jake,  maybe Ceds injury sitting out a season or Jake playing all across the line and in the backfield messed with him. Hopefully it all comes together them both.

He's going to do great, I can bet you, that when he is a free agency in 3 years everyone is going to cry and whine like they did when we lost zeitler if he leaves and these will be the same people wishing we cut him because no1 to play left tackle is better than CedO apparently.

There is a feel good story about every single player each year,  it's like all 53 players are going to have their best season ever.  Im glad he looks great in gym shorts but come Sunday when he puts the pads on , hopefully he's doesn't play as soft, weak,  lost and pathetic as last year.   It's was that embarrassing of an performance .

Based on his performance I'm not too confident, but it's at least encouraging to see he's still confident and working to improve.  Also he's obviously self aware and realized he's got a long way to go.  He he turns into a slightly below average left tackle I think we'll be ok.

I still think the key for Ced is to get stronger and ougher, and if he does he will be a good (or better) LT.  It sounds like this is helping.

We won't know for sure until games start, but I'm going to choose to be optimistic.

Archived