Adam Jones looks like returning starter after Bengals show support - ESPN

40 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Besides unmatched football knowledge, some here are accomplished sociologists and behavioral science experts too. 

What can't they do?

Post something without you questioning their credentials in whatever the topic may be?

:15_yum:

Is it ok with you if I post a movie review even though I've never won an Oscar as Best Director?

JK I DGAF

I think, at some point, we all have to admit that it's time to wait and see what determination the court makes. He hasn't been found guilty of anything and if the court shows leniency, what does it hurt if we have another experienced, formerly outstanding defensive back?

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Post something without you questioning their credentials in whatever the topic may be?

:15_yum:

Is it ok with you if I post a movie review even though I've never won an Oscar as Best Director?

JK I DGAF

Only if I can write an expose of how the Russians have hacked go-bengals and manipulated the post counts, even though I do not work for the New York Times. 

[/:totalninja:/]

16 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

I think, at some point, we all have to admit that it's time to wait and see what determination the court makes. He hasn't been found guilty of anything and if the court shows leniency, what does it hurt if we have another experienced, formerly outstanding defensive back?

What does it hurt? 

"Formerly". 

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Only if I can write an expose of how the Russians have hacked go-bengals and manipulated the post counts, even though I do not work for the New York Times. 

[/:totalninja:/]

Or the FBI, I presume?

13 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

On a not so good day he's serviceable as a third CB.

Would that be on Meltdown Monday, Intoxicated Tuesday, Wild Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, Fuck It Friday, Spittoon Saturday or Psycho Sunday?

On 4/7/2017 at 11:09 PM, Le Tigre said:

some here are accomplished sociologists and behavioral science experts too. 

Since you mentioned it, I actually do have a Ph.D.; so I'm more qualified to analyze Adam Jones the man, than the football player.

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Since you mentioned it, I actually do have a Ph.D.; so I'm more qualified to analyze Adam Jones the man, than the football player.

Ph.D huh?

Piled Higher and Deeper... does that mean when you spout shit that your shit doesn't stink?

:ninja:

:1_grinning:

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

For the record, BJ, none of the sarcasm was directed your way. 

You are obviously brilliant, that is never a question. 

I see. And thanks. ^_^

1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

Piled Higher and Deeper...

In debt yeah. (send soup) :6_smile:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That's Dr. BJ to you!

lol ... Nah ... normally I wouldn't even mention it. As I don't think it has any relevance to most football discussions. But in this case it was brought up.

On 4/8/2017 at 0:30 AM, thezerawkid said:

Courts or no courts his behavior in the videos make him an A+ ass clown in my book.  He seems to have an anger issue that has also manifested itself on the field of play from time to time with significant negative results.  Throw in the high salary and deteriorating play and I say hit the road.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Courts or no courts his behavior in the videos make him an A+ ass clown in my book.  He seems to have an anger issue that has also manifested itself on the field of play from time to time with significant negative results.  Throw in the high salary and deteriorating play and I say hit the road.

Subjectivity aside, do we have his replacement on the roster? If not, are we going to? 

12 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Subjectivity aside, do we have his replacement on the roster? If not, are we going to? 

I believe his long term replacement is on the roster (WJIII) but I'd think you want more than just Dre as a proven, good CB for 2017. If free agency in the NFL didn't exist, I'd have been 100% on board with keeping Jones around regardless of what he does off the field. However...

It will be interesting to see how Brandon Carr, Captain Munnerlyn, Marcus Cooper, Kayvon Webster, Prince Amukamara, Morris Claiborne, and DJ Hayden all perform this year. Those are all guys that switched teams that we could have targeted had we cut (or planned to cut) Adam Jones at the beginning of the FA period. Most of those guys were even cheaper than we're paying Jones this year, so we could have had a younger CB with potential upside and had a couple/few million to spend elsewhere along with it. I just hope Jones skill level doesn't decline even more from 2016 because he has the 23rd highest cap hit among CBs in the league for 2017 with each of the guys I listed above being less.

If Jones' play declines even more this year, the Bengals are going to look stupid for not letting him go when they had the easy out of "hey, you're a shithead that does shithead stuff".

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I believe his long term replacement is on the roster (WJIII) but I'd think you want more than just Dre as a proven, good CB for 2017. If free agency in the NFL didn't exist, I'd have been 100% on board with keeping Jones around regardless of what he does off the field. However...

It will be interesting to see how Brandon Carr, Captain Munnerlyn, Marcus Cooper, Kayvon Webster, Prince Amukamara, Morris Claiborne, and DJ Hayden all perform this year. Those are all guys that switched teams that we could have targeted had we cut (or planned to cut) Adam Jones at the beginning of the FA period. Most of those guys were even cheaper than we're paying Jones this year, so we could have had a younger CB with potential upside and had a couple/few million to spend elsewhere along with it. I just hope Jones skill level doesn't decline even more from 2016 because he has the 23rd highest cap hit among CBs in the league for 2017 with each of the guys I listed above being less.

If Jones' play declines even more this year, the Bengals are going to look stupid for not letting him go when they had the easy out of "hey, you're a shithead that does shithead stuff".

Totally with you. I just think that we have our part time number two and/or nickel back guy on the roster already. Quality secondary depth can be iffy. He knows the system. He was fairly measured and in check last season, even though his play took a bit of a hit. 

Unless you have a sure fire upgrade or guy where there will be no drop off, you don't cut him. 

Archived